Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

Idk I didn’t think Andromeda was bad. It wasn’t ME1-3 but it had better combat, better skills tree but it just didn’t deliver on a story as compelling as the trilogy. I played it several months after release so it was already patched from all the launch bugs. Maybe that changed my perception. 

As a stand-alone game, it was fun. As a successor to the OG trilogy, it didn’t capture the magic. Maybe BioWare gets its **** together with this one. 

God I hope so. The Mass Effect universe is sooo good, and it’s a travesty that it didn’t get spun off into movies or TV shows. There are a lot of cool stories to be told within it.

Agreed with this. I enjoyed Andromeda and as a game in of itself it was fine. It just didn't have that Mass Effect magic. I don't see myself replaying it even though I've replayed the original trilogy a few times.

Reg. Cyberpunk, overall I really do enjoy the game. I do think combat feels clunky though. I think they would have benefitted from a Fallout style VATS slow/freeze time style option(it would fit the lore with the cybernetic stuff too). The fact that you can drive in 3rd person is a godsend as driving in 1st person was literally torture. I'm not that far into the game but even the first mission had some really intense dramatic moments which has me really amped to continue playing.

Yeah I didn't know the company that is working on Crimson Desert has some MMO out now that people say is good.

If it's an MMO then I am out.  If it is focused on multiplayer in general I am out.

But if it's got a single player mode that is fleshed out and the focus, then I'm all in.

• Like 2

Back on now. @CRobi21 was right about the bullet sponge thing. Its incredibly frustrating to be good enough to line up successive  head shots and it act as nothing more than a flesh wound.

Hopefully it's a combination of fighting augmented baddies with what I can assume is low grade, outdated weapons tech. If the whole game is gonna be like this, that's not really all that fun. Still on the introductory quest in the slum.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Back on now. @CRobi21 was right about the bullet sponge thing. Its incredibly frustrating to be good enough to line up successive  head shots and it act as nothing more than a flesh wound.

Hopefully it's a combination of fighting augmented baddies with what I can assume is low grade, outdated weapons tech. If the whole game is gonna be like this, that's not really all that fun. Still on the introductory quest in the slum.

The lower weapons head shot bonuses are like x1.2. Shot some biker in head using a "rare" sniper rifle from up on a water tower a ways away last night. She fell instantly. 

Definitely the lower level weapons. Finally got my hands on a Katana last night. Upgraded it to do 400 dps. My close combat troubles are no more. The culprit? The tomahawk i was using previously. 

system-software-it-slices-dices-and-make

Now I just needs to find out how to add a motorcycle to my vehicles list to call. The armored town car is ok but I've had better success driving the motorcycles or even the MAGA trucks.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Damn yall are way ahead of me.

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, that katana tutorial was doin' some things to me last night.

The melee weapons vendor in Megabuilding H10 was where I finally got one. My corpo characters apartment is there. Not sure if the nomads and street punks start in the same areas or what. 

Also "Megabuilding"? That's inspiring. What genius came up with that?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

you know, I am not above restarting completely.  The more I familiarize myself with controls and build possibilities,  the more I am intrigued about being a corporate tech ninja/assassin. 

I've been hip to that ever since Cyborg Ninja in MGS

I doubt you need to start over. The number of perk points available is crazy. I'm level 8 n still have 6 unspent. Every 3 level ups in a skill ya seem to get a perk point. 13 skills with 20 levels each plus the ones gained from leveling overall.

After looking into it there appears to be 7 perk points available to earn per skill by leveling up each one.

https://gamewith.net/cyberpunk-2077/article/show/23514

I haven't had much luck leveling up athletics tho.

Edited by clietas
  • Like 1

Ok I just finished the inaugural mission and got to the level up perk screen. Nooow I see how everything is supposed to go. I already know for a true fast melee build, health regen has to factor in. Locked for now,  but I see the blueprint  Pretty fun. Feels a bit like FarCry/the old Rainbow Six games so far.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

I don't know if it matters at all once you play the game, but no third person view and not having more options to customize your look during the game once you start seems like a missed opportunity.

I've also noticed that our gameday thread is full of unicorns and rainbows compared to the crowd at cyberpunk reddit.

2 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I don't know if it matters at all once you play the game, but no third person view and not having more options to customize your look during the game once you start seems like a missed opportunity.

I've also noticed that our gameday thread is full of unicorns and rainbows compared to the crowd at cyberpunk reddit.

Sheeeeit. No way in hell I'm going there. I'm sure it's a cesspool. Agreed on perspective,  though first person feels more natural for this sort of game.

The lack of body type customization definitely is a downer, but I had time to soak it in, cuz word leaked out several months ago that that was where things were being scaled back, along with the ability to wall run.

Seems really unconscionable,  but it is what it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

^ I wonder if it controls dodge/parkour. I was able to jump and grab onto stuff pretty smoothly,  and I started with decent Athletic points.

Theres a mod for your cyberware that allows for a double/super jump. I just couldn't afford it when I found it. That should helps tho.

At Level 9 and still only 33% of the way to lvl 2 athletics. Guess I need to try more than dashing in combat. 🤔

• Thanks 1

As someone who has only played a small part of Halo... or any real Xbox shooter...

Hows the single player experience on games like Halo (Master Chief Collection), Gears, FarCry, etc?

I like shooters but find the only ones I ever play are CoD :ols:

I care about the story. More than multiplayer for sure. If I want multiplayer shooters I play cod or Fortnite (because of my son, I do actually enjoy it but I wouldn’t be playing if he didn’t love that game)

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Hows the single player experience on games like Halo (Master Chief Collection), Gears, FarCry, etc?

Even tho it gets highly repetitive the FarCry games are a lot of fun. I remember enjoying the first Gears n the first three Halos. Halos multi-player was definitely the big seller tho obviously.

Most of the shooters I play are RPG. Fallout and Outer Worlds were great. Tho I still have only played like a quarter of fallout 4. 🙁

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, KDawg said:

As someone who has only played a small part of Halo... or any real Xbox shooter...

I care about the story. More than multiplayer for sure. If I want multiplayer shooters I play cod or Fortnite (because of my son, I do actually enjoy it but I wouldn’t be playing if he didn’t love that game)

the Halo campaigns are fantastic first person shooters. I’ve probably played thru 1-4 and Reach a hundred times. The gameplay is buttery smooth, the level design is fantastic, the mechanics are just solids. Halo revolves around what they call the holy trinity guns, grenades, and melee. It’s simple and but effective. Then they mix in crazy vehicular combat and you just feel like a badass all the time. The weapon balance is pretty good as I can find use for all the human and covenant weapons. personally I really love the Halo sci-fi lore and story. 1 is fairly straightforward but 2 expands the lore in a ton of ways. The Anniversary edition of 2 is also stunning. one of my favorite series. The campaigns hold up extremely well still and are a lot of fun with a good storyline. 5 drops the ball on story and level design tho so it’s a bit disappointing but the gameplay is still fantastic. It should also be said Halo 1-3 have arguably the best soundtrack of any game. 

gears is very different. It’s a third person shooter cover based game created by somebody that thought it up while playing paintball and was ducked behind cover with paintballs spraying in front of him and over his head. That’s what this game is. It’s crazy intense. The cover system works like a dream and the firefights never let up and always play out differently due to the various cover opportunities, your AI, squad mates, and the quality of the AI enemies make it a lot of fun. Its a darker grittier game set in a fictional planet Sera where after decades of humans fighting over the planets greatest natural resource, holes formed in the ground and out of Them poured the locust horde, a monstrous race hell bent on the destruction of humanity. This game has blood, guts, chainsawing enemies in half, mother ****s dropped when your character jams his gun after you **** up a reload etc. the campaign of 1 is dark and dips into some horror to elements as it introduces the player to the various locust creatures. The others are more action packed but the series deserves its classic status. These firefights are unlike anything else I’ve played before and while I don’t think the story is as deep as halo, it’s still really good if you are into that type of stuff.

Gears does a really good job making you feel like you are fighting in a massive planet altering war too. halo is Much more singularly focused on the master chief and how he is leading the fight to save the galaxy. 

Halo and Gears blow COD campaigns out of the water with their story and gameplay imo. COD can make you feel like a soldier. These make you feel like you are the legendary savior of humanity that you are. 

ive only really played far cry 3 and I loved it but the others just felt like more of the same and by the time 4, primal, 5 etc came out I was getting burnt out on Ubisoft open worlds so I passed. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2