Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

6 minutes ago, bearrock said:

That article definitely left me with one of those hmm.... frown on my face.  If CDPR didn't have their Witcher track record, I doubt I would even glance at this game now.  For now, I'll wait to see the fallout after the first few weeks or months (or wait for our cool, hip, edgy, yet not 8chan trolling @Mr. Sinister to report back).  

Might be waiting awhile. I copped the digital preorder, so that has to download, plus the massive patch. But as soon as it's running, I will give my first initial impressions of it.

• Thanks 1

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-review/

PC Gamer gives it a 78 😬

Gamespot also gave it a 70ish score. Disclaimer, there are many "Perfect" reviews out there, but I generally dont pay attention to "10/10" type stuff, because I believe that if you are objectively reviewing, then the concept of "Perfection" does not exist.

Looks like bugs are definitely gonna be a problem, at least early on.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Hmm, starting to get KOTOR II vibes now.  I generally have a high tolerance for glitches and bugs, but KOTOR II was the game that sticks in my memory as hell of a ride but also buggy as heck.  If it wasn't star wars and if I didn't play KOTOR, I might have folded.  Of course patches are a thing now, but to still be full of bugs after the delay gives you pause.  I wonder if all that noise marketing budget may have been put to better use in boosting the development budget 

• Like 1

Game Informer

https://www.gameinformer.com/review/cyberpunk-2077/cyberpunk-2077-review-a-wild-time-in-night-city

Consensus seems to be that it is indeed a great game, but not legendary, and the gaming experience is being crushed by bugs, which is certainly not a good look, after all the delays and time crunching.

The bugs are primarily what's leading to some of the lower end reviews

Yeah I think people just hyped it up for so long as something innovative, groundbreaking, and never before seen. Being in development for 8 years and some awesome trailers years and years ago can lead to that. 

It just seems like a really good RPG with a lot of player choice with impact, set in an amazing world. One that is loaded with bugs and glitches

I think game informer and ign have pretty fair reviews. Both gave it a 9 but they discuss the side quests and how that impacts the overall story. IGN even mentions that they finished the main quest quickly and then reloaded a save before the “no going back” step and did 20 more hours of side missions and got completely different ending scenarios 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Hopefully the Patch fixes everything.  Still damn excited to get my hands on it.

I'm looking forward to your play through.  I feel like you'll report back with either an 11/10 or -11/10.  1 through 10 is for losers!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I'm looking forward to your play through.  I feel like you'll report back with either an 11/10 or -11/10.  1 through 10 is for losers!

Definitely my Guinea Pig. But I don’t like the stuff I’ve heard so far.

• Like 1

People playing Cyberpunk seem to be beating it up a lot... obviously there’s people saying it’s the best game ever created, too.

I don’t think there’s much that could make me get it at this point. It’s too edge lord for me. 

Watching a guy play it on twitch. He's got like 25 available missions to do. Every mission introduces a new character. Pretty hard to follow.

Granted I missed the beginning and all the set up

Finally some combat. And enemies are bullet sponges like in The Division. Laaaaaaaame.

Gonna pass on this I think.

Edited by CRobi21

2 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Watching a guy play it on twitch. He's got like 25 available missions to do. Every mission introduces a new character. Pretty hard to follow.

Granted I missed the beginning and all the set up

Finally some combat. And enemies are bullet sponges like in The Division. Laaaaaaaame.

Gonna pass on this I think.

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t know man. The reviews so far aren’t great. Except for the guys who are talking about their units and how it’s great to get away from reality.

Oh I know. I've just been looking for an excuse to post that :ols:

5 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

That seizure thing really pisses me off, now I'm not sure it's worth the risk for me to try this game.

You prone to seizures? CDPR said they plan to address it. Maybe check back in a month or so. But definitely don't try it right now. Said that there is at least one scene that directly mimics the kind of light effects used to medically trigger them

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Thanks 1

Halo 1 the most replayable game EVA.  Sorry I'm stuck in the past.  Been trying to beat levels using different rules.  Most recent:  Beat Assault on the Control Room on Legendary difficulty using the Infinite Ammo cheat - but only using human weapons.  AR, pistol, frags.  Can use the Tank, and I'm not allowed to 1-shot Hunters with the pistol.  Time limit is an hour.  If I die, I have to start over.

I'm like 0 for 20 at this point.  Great fun.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Oh I know. I've just been looking for an excuse to post that :ols:

You prone to seizures? CDPR said they plan to address it. Maybe check back in a month or so. But definitely don't try it right now. Said that there is at least one scene that directly mimics the kind of light effects used to medically trigger them

I find it fascinating that they are pretending like they weren’t aware that was in there. How the **** do you almost exactly mimic a medical procedure?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yea, I have them everyday. Mine are predominantly non-epileptic from a bad neck injury, but I've taken the light effects test with a neurologist and it gave me seizures as well, so I have to be careful. I can't even take an EMG being hooked up to my hand, it's like having my nerves set on fire and had me seizing for 3 hours straight. Doctors don't know what to do about it, so I'm left dealing with it/trying to fix it myself.

I'd be really interested to know if that is a one-off scene or something that happens frequently. It's good to hear that they're addressing it though. I'm glad I didn't pre-order this thing during the black Friday sale.

• Sad 1