Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I have it preloaded on my PC already. I don’t care what anyone has to say. One of the defining elements of the internet is that a bunch of dorks will always relentlessly try to paint things that are actually good as somehow being bad. 

The Witcher series bought CDPR all the credibility any game studio can have. Diving straight into Cyberpunk tomorrow.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I have it preloaded on my PC already. I don’t care what anyone has to say. One of the defining elements of the internet is that a bunch of dorks will always relentlessly try to paint things that are actually good as somehow being bad. 

The Witcher series bought CDPR all the credibility any game studio can have. Diving straight into Cyberpunk tomorrow.

Yeah I don't really give a **** what reviews say about a game I am interested in.  I typically know if I want to buy a game months before it comes out, and some mediocre reviews by strangers I don't even know aren't going to change my mind.

I do like reading reviews of games I want though to read about stuff that can be measured, like input lag, floaty controls, load times, etc.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

I do like reading reviews of games I want though to read about stuff that can be measured, like input lag, floaty controls, load times, etc.  

Pretty much same. My only debate for Cyberpunk was run the backwards compatible version on my XSX or get it for my PC. It seems like the game is very graphically taxing and my 2080ti might not even run it at 1440p-60fps on high/ultra settings. 

I got it for PC anyways in the hopes that a day one patch will address some of the performance issues. 

———

In regards to the criticisms over the hyper-focus on body modifications and the overt sexual themes... did no one bother checking into what themes are common in the cyberpunk genre? Lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Should've ironed out the bugs, no matter to me. I don't plan on buying any launch/new anything for just this reason. I'll pick it up in maybe a year.

I tend to agree with this except when it comes to an rpg. Replaying one again after its been fully patched and finding different outcomes based on different choices has always been fun imo. Definitely a few games I wish I had time to go back and revisit.

I need to clear space on my HD but I'll prolly buy it for pc this evening and try it out. Futuristic RPG is right in my wheelhouse I just can't resist. 

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Halo 1 the most replayable game EVA.  Sorry I'm stuck in the past.  Been trying to beat levels using different rules.  Most recent:  Beat Assault on the Control Room on Legendary difficulty using the Infinite Ammo cheat - but only using human weapons.  AR, pistol, frags.  Can use the Tank, and I'm not allowed to 1-shot Hunters with the pistol.  Time limit is an hour.  If I die, I have to start over.

I'm like 0 for 20 at this point.  Great fun.

I do this **** too. So much fun. The sandbox is perfect 

12 minutes ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

Damn. That one stings. Even more so now with the shows popularity than back when it actually happened. There is a burgeoning Mandalorian market

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Damn. That one stings. Even more so now with the shows popularity than back when it actually happened. There is a burgeoning Mandalorian market

I mean the show is essentially a video game with side quests and upgrades, seems a pretty easy transition. Probably depends on the mandalorian’s story, because the games are traditionally canon now. So they probably would need to do it as a different character or setting

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

What are yall feeling build-wise? I'm thinking super tech master, but that's what I was in The Outer Worlds 🤔

Cybernetic and melee heavy seems cool.

My first build I’m making a guns blazing maniac and street kid background.

Second one will be hacker/tech and corporate background.

————

So I just finished God of War and I mean great game and really good story but wtf? Is it just me or was it seriously lacking in cool boss fights?? The last Valkyrie was like the only good one in the entire game and she’s a side quest.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

My first build I’m making a guns blazing maniac and street kid background.

Second one will be hacker/tech and corporate background.

I hope they gave really good build/bio specific side quests.  Word is they do (I've tried not to scout ahead too much because I'm big on immersion and being surprised).

Like in Mass Effect, where if you choose to be an Earther, you track down one of your gang associates to keep them from ratting you out to the Alliance Navy. Lol

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Game is ridiculous, yo. The patch itself is going to be 43 gb

Initial install is only 62 gb. Not bad considering nba 2k16 was apparently taking up around 50 gb. 

Definitely looking forward to playing this one. Some type of Katana weilding techy punk is a must for me. Got a few errands to run irl tho first. 

giphy.gif

Edited by clietas
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, clietas said:

Initial install is only 62 gb. Not bad considering nba 2k16 was apparently taking up around 50 gb. 

Definitely looking forward to playing this one. Some type of Katana weilding techy punk is a must for me. Got a few errands to run irl tho first. 

giphy.gif

What!? Leave your kids at school, they technically HAVE to take care of them until you come back.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, clietas said:

I tend to agree with this except when it comes to an rpg. Replaying one again after its been fully patched and finding different outcomes based on different choices has always been fun imo. Definitely a few games I wish I had time to go back and revisit.

I need to clear space on my HD but I'll prolly buy it for pc this evening and try it out. Futuristic RPG is right in my wheelhouse I just can't resist. 

CDPR is a big company, they can afford to fix these bugs quickly, so I probably won't have to wait a year like I did with KCD.

9 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

CDPR is a big company, they can afford to fix these bugs quickly, so I probably won't have to wait a year like I did with KCD.

Which is still wigging out right now 🤨. Stuck on the part where you have to wait til nightfall for the assassin to come for the master builder you're recruiting for the endgame sequence where you storm Talmberg.

Only.... he's not showing up. At all. And it's a confirmed bug, to add to a host of bugs that have started plaguing me this playthrough. I'm close to just turning it off and uninstalling.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Buddy just told me Cyberpunk is only PS4 and X1 and is just bc on PS5 and XSX.

WTF and how is that acceptable lol?

I hope they are just giving free upgrade whenever the PS5 and XSX versions are ready.  If i was interested I'd wait to play it when the real versions are out.

50 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Buddy just told me Cyberpunk is only PS4 and X1 and is just bc on PS5 and XSX.

WTF and how is that acceptable lol?

I hope they are just giving free upgrade whenever the PS5 and XSX versions are ready.  If i was interested I'd wait to play it when the real versions are out.

The XSX version still runs 4K at 60 FPS according to Reddit. It just doesn’t have ray tracing and probably lower texture quality than what the next gen update will be (CDPR said this will be free).

And I doubt the new consoles can pull off ray tracing in this game while giving 60 frames anyways, considering high end NVidia GPU’s are struggling with it. Honestly 60FPS > ray tracing. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1