Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Neither of you had issues with the parry timing? 

Nope. I played it mostly on Jedi Knight so nothing crazy... though I’m on a time crunch and toned it down to the story mode in the last couple of planets so I could get through it :ols:

But I was fine timing on Knight. 

Hmm, yeah I didn't have that level of trouble. Some of the bosses took me a lot of tries, but that was really more about getting into the flow of reading the moves and responding appropriately.

What system are you playing on?

Edited by dfitzo53

20 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Maybe i'm just crazy. I can play GOW or Spiderman (among others) on the hardest difficulties and get through massive set piece battles without taking a hit using parry and roll/evade but can't even parry a basic storm trooper or a giant rat in this. 

I think the dodge roll sucks in the game and is MUCH harder than parry. Maybe the issue is that you’re so used to dodge and parry as a combo that you’re struggling with both?

I didn’t use dodge because I was getting hit anyways... so I stuck to block and parry and it turned out well.

33 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Hmm, yeah I didn't have that level of trouble. Some of the bosses took me a lot of tries, but that was really more about getting into the flow of reading the moves and responding appropriately.

What system are you playing on?

Xbox One

15 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think the dodge roll sucks in the game and is MUCH harder than parry. Maybe the issue is that you’re so used to dodge and parry as a combo that you’re struggling with both?

I didn’t use dodge because I was getting hit anyways... so I stuck to block and parry and it turned out well.

That's the only thing that works. I literally just roll all over the ****ing screen until I look like i have an opening then attack a few times which are always blocked then roll around again repeating until my force power is up enough to freeze them and get a clean strong attack on them. it's not a lot of fun

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

16 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Xbox One

That's the only thing that works. I literally just roll all over the ****ing screen until I look like i have an opening then attack a few times which are always blocked then roll around again repeating until my force power is up enough to freeze them and get a clean strong attack on them. it's not a lot of fun

I’d say soldier through just for the end. It’s worth it IMO 

KCD has the most tedious fight/parry system I've ever encountered. Even worse when you run into fools who counter/parry everything you throw at them, forcing you to feint, and they still find a way to parry.

Gives you heart though. I doubt any future game will give me any major problems due to the sheer impossibility ok KCD combat.

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

KCD has the most tedious fight/parry system I've ever encountered. Even worse when you run into fools who counter/parry everything you throw at them, forcing you to feint, and they still find a way to parry.

Gives you heart though. I doubt any future game will give me any major problems due to the sheer impossibility ok KCD combat.

What’s KCD. These acronyms kill me.

I feel like lot of these modern games are trying to replicate the souls series or Monster Hunter when it comes to combat but doesn't pull it off with the same crispness, which can end up being clunky.  I think Fallen Order falls in that same vein.  It's average and you can manage through it, but the combat frustrations are often due to inconsistent hit box or animation throwing you off.  And beating a boss or particularly difficult patch of a level doesn't give you that same sheer exhilaration as a well executed game like souls or MH.  I feel like the combat mechanism in Fallen Order was a side show.  I'm mostly here for the story and to swing around a lightsaber.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Looks like a bootleg Elder Scrolls

Kinda sorta. It's a medieval first person alternative for people who prefer real , brutal gameplay, real  locales and time periods, to the fantasized style of games like TES or Dragon Age. You must learn everything. Fighting is crushing, you have to learn to read, how to talk to the nobility, how to take care of weapons, clothing, brewing potions in cauldrons and medicinal tonics with mortar and pestle,  etc.

Basically it's what a dream game would look like for me. But it falls short of that. They put forth one hell of an effort though, and at bare minimum,  they have shown that there can be a market for games like this

44 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I feel like lot of these modern games are trying to replicate the souls series or Monster Hunter when it comes to combat but doesn't pull it off with the same crispness, which can end up being clunky.  I think Fallen Order falls in that same vein.  It's average and you can manage through it, but the combat frustrations are often due to inconsistent hit box or animation throwing you off.  And beating a boss or particularly difficult patch of a level doesn't give you that same sheer exhilaration as a well executed game like souls or MH.  I feel like the combat mechanism in Fallen Order was a side show.  I'm mostly here for the story and to swing around a lightsaber.

Honestly that's why I changed over to story mode beyond the time factor... I don't really care about the combat in that game. I wanted to plow through enemies with the force of a Jedi Knight with a lightsaber the way they look in Clone Wars and in the movies...

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I feel like the combat mechanism in Fallen Order was a side show.  I'm mostly here for the story and to swing around a lightsaber.

This is where I'm at. It's just not fun combat for me and coming off the last few years of incredible game combat I've experienced, this is just a chore to play and isn't rewarding even when you move beyond a difficult moment. 

I'll go back to it at some point probably after Mandalorian ends in a couple weeks. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is where I'm at. It's just not fun combat for me and coming off the last few years of incredible game combat I've experienced, this is just a chore to play and isn't rewarding even when you move beyond a difficult moment. 

I'll go back to it at some point probably after Mandalorian ends in a couple weeks. 

That's why I'm saying just play through the story mode, man. The story is good and rumors are it may come up in Mandalorian...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Dawg, once you learn it, it's so fun, especially when you use it in speech checks. Was able to translate Latin for a drunk priest at mass. after a night of boozing and whoring.

There is something appealing about living in a medieval sim. I'll have to check it out

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

That's why I'm saying just play through the story mode, man. The story is good and rumors are it may come up in Mandalorian...

I'll go through it for sure. 

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

There is something appealing about living in a medieval sim. I'll have to check it out

Yes, the plague sounds like fun! It's like COVID except totally flesh eating. 

I'll go through it for sure. 

You could just read about it, too, if the game is that much of a slog. But the ending has an impact seeing it as it unfolds. Knowing its coming would probably dampen it a little. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Yes, the plague sounds like fun! It's like COVID except totally flesh eating. 

There's also that, several quests involving caring for the plague stricken at a monastery (including investigating an entire village that's dying because of it), though you can most certainly fail the quest by helping them receive Divine care by sending them all home to God, and spending some considerable time in jail because of it.

Damn shame they didn't include Plague blankets in this one 🤔

41 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

There's also that, several quests involving caring for the plague stricken at a monastery (including investigating an entire village that's dying because of it), though you can most certainly fail the quest by helping them receive Divine care by sending them all home to God, and spending some considerable time in jail because of it.

Damn shame they didn't include Plague blankets in this one 🤔

I was gonna say, can I just give them the Carol treatment?

"Is that a cough, I hear?"   (lights torch)

• Haha 1

Cyberpunk reviews rolling in. Has a 91 on metacritic with 38 reviews. Headlines seem to be a masterful world with tons of customization, excellent characters, a great story with lots of player choice that impacts the story and world. For true role playing, it has near endless replay value 

the bad: lots of bugs and the combat is repetitive and not refined. Stealth is bad 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1