Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

CDPR is a big company, they can afford to fix these bugs quickly, so I probably won't have to wait a year like I did with KCD.

Ugh I've only ever booted up KCD and I've had it since it came out. My backlog of games is crazy.

tenor.gif

Of course since I haven't turned on my pc in months it needs a bunch of updates. Doh.

Edited by clietas
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Got a 1070 Ti and a i7 9700k and cyberpunk is straight clapping my system’s cheeks.

Had to tweak a lot of settings just to get 60 FPS and still have an enjoyable viewing experience.

Same here, (1TB PS4 Slim). I should've checked to see the gb size before waiting 10 mins to launch time to download 😅.

Gonna be a minute. Guess this gives me time to finish off KCD

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Got a 1070 Ti and a i7 9700k and cyberpunk is straight clapping my system’s cheeks.

Had to tweak a lot of settings just to get 60 FPS and still have an enjoyable viewing experience.

It’s clapping the cheeks of my 2080ti as well. Basically can’t turn on ray tracing if I want to play in 1440p/high-ultra settings with consistent 60 FPS. Have to drop it down to 1080p. 

Tbh ray tracing isn’t that impressive in this game to take a hit in resolution. Even without it the game looks AMAZING. So I’m playing it on 1440p with DLSS turned on.

But it’s still funny that even the newest class of 30x0 NVidia GPU’s can’t max out this baby to its full potential. We’re still probably one more upgraded class of GPU’s to get this to 4K/60FPS/ultra settings with ray tracing on. 

5F16D7EC-6A48-4884-A1BE-4C71DE1FEE7D.jpeg

Edited by No Excuses
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Same here, (1TB PS4 Slim). I should've checked to see the gb size before waiting 10 mins to launch time to download 😅.

Gonna be a minute. Guess this gives me time to finish off KCD

dont forget the 30GB patch after you finish installing the game 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Haha 1

Played through the origin and first mission of Cyberpunk last night. Its pretty fun but I'm not sure it'll be earth shattering. I will say though the customization you can do from leveling(attributes/perks)appears to be pretty insane. LOTS of options to choose from. I actually think melee build might be fun even though in initial creation I didn't put any points into strength.

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

It’s clapping the cheeks of my 2080ti as well. Basically can’t turn on ray tracing if I want to play in 1440p/high-ultra settings with consistent 60 FPS. Have to drop it down to 1080p. 

Tbh ray tracing isn’t that impressive in this game to take a hit in resolution. Even without it the game looks AMAZING. So I’m playing it on 1440p with DLSS turned on.

But it’s still funny that even the newest class of 30x0 NVidia GPU’s can’t max out this baby to its full potential. We’re still probably one more upgraded class of GPU’s to get this to 4K/60FPS/ultra settings with ray tracing on. 

5F16D7EC-6A48-4884-A1BE-4C71DE1FEE7D.jpeg

This reminds me of when Wing Commander 4 came out. Always had the same issue...

Yes I know how old that game is...but the wing commander series were ****ing great....now get off my lawn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

This gen is so awesome!

Welcome to the future baby!! 

*Hold on you need to update your controller first* 

OK NOW WELCOME TO THE FUTUR ****ES!! 

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

But but but I thought these games came complete and didn't require online access....🙄

WELCOME TO THE FUTER MOTHER ****ER!!!! 

*Yes I noticed the typos and kept them cause FUTURE BABAYYYY

Edited by Llevron
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

The future being nearly every AAA console game release for the past 5 years. 

Yea its going to be every game going forward for the most part too unfortunately for the consumers. I mean I appreciate them having the ability to fix stuff, buts its turned into a crutch and I dont see how demands for faster development will allow them to do otherwise. Its just one of those things we will never get back, I guess. 

12 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yea its going to be every game going forward for the most part too unfortunately for the consumers. I mean I appreciate them having the ability to fix stuff, buts its turned into a crutch and I dont see how demands for faster development will allow them to do otherwise. Its just one of those things we will never get back, I guess. 

There is clearly enough sheeple out there to support this practice unfortunately.

This game clearly should not have been released yet based on what I've read, and I mean the fact that the PS5 and XSX versions aren't even ready yet is a prime example of why.  But the clearly wanted to get the game out before the holiday probably just to appease the share holders.

30 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Been this way for a while.

Can't remember a launch where you could actually play the game without hours of downloading and updates. 

You can play pretty much any game without day patches.  Disconnect your console from the internet and you won't have to download any patches.

I didn't download any patches for TLOU2 or Tsushima when I played them launch day.  It may have prompted me to download them but I didn't - I just played the game.  

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Aww ****. Now I'm conflicted.  Corpo is incredibly appealing. Street kid too. 

I did Corpo and its pretty cool. I don't regret it at all. Not sure how much it impacts though I'm not very far. Plan on playing more today when I get home from work. Circa two more hours...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Aww ****. Now I'm conflicted.  Corpo is incredibly appealing. Street kid too. 

Sat there reading each choice n trying to decide for like 30 minutes. 🧐

Went Corpo since it seemed the most interesting to me. I'll have to try the others tho at some point. 

And yeah the ray tracing hits to the framerate aint worth it. Maxing everything else tho n the game runs really well.

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

You can play pretty much any game without day patches.  Disconnect your console from the internet and you won't have to download any patches.

I didn't download any patches for TLOU2 or Tsushima when I played them launch day.  It may have prompted me to download them but I didn't - I just played the game.  

I dunno. I have never felt like day one patches are a bad thing especially if they, ya know, work. I would get it if it took forever. But my PS5 downloaded this game and the patch while I was at work so I didn't notice a thing. Even then, I just updated destiny 2 to the PS5 version 70 something gigs done in just a few minutes. Not much to complain about. For me at least. 

Also I wanna be Corpo but if all of yall are doing it im def going another path. We need some diversity in here. 

Edited by Llevron

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I dunno. I have never felt like day one patches are a bad thing especially if they, ya know, work. I would get it if it took forever. But my PS5 downloaded this game and the patch while I was at work so I didn't notice a thing. Even then, I just updated destiny 2 to the PS5 version 70 something gigs done in just a few minutes. Not much to complain about. For me at least. 

Also I wanna be Corpo but if all of yall are doing it im def going another path. We need some diversity in here. 

I never said they were bad.  I just want to play the game asap and can download the patch after I'm done my initial play through.

It’s fairly standard practice by now for multiplayer games to do alpha-beta releases to let the community stress test the game before release but narrative/story driven games simply can’t do that because stories and spoilers are involved. I don’t know what the alternative is. CDPR is one of the better studios and it seems like they spent the last two years basically fixing bugs, for a game that took 8+ years to develop. 

With games like this, can you ever arrive at a relatively bug-free product until you have millions of people playing and finding issues?

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1