Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

5 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Same lol thats such an awesome set piece. 

it really makes you think on your feet moving thru these various scenarios and is the best feeling when you pull it off 

The fact that you can play in a designed world with those kind of real life possibilities and varied scenarios just blew me away. Its gonna be hard to top that. Probably already the game of the decade

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

I miss Splinter Cell being a good franchise :(

Syphon Filter, too. Them ****ing up Sam Fisher and Syphon Filter sort of just crumbling (along with THQ) in the infancy of the 21st century really messed stuff up for stealth fans.

I believe there is hope for the latter, because apparently THQ bought Warhorse studios (which made KCD) and there have been rumblings that something could be happening on that front in the next few years.

As for Splinter Cell, if they're still run by Ubisoft, it's all over imo. Ubisoft is becoming a bland, trash ass company.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

6 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

TLOU series has some amazing stealth sequences that are more tense than probably any other imo. I wouldn’t call it a stealth game tho. 

Yeah but TLOU isn't an open world game.  It's combat and what not are a lot more refined than open world games tend to be.

I don't know how I feel about Cyberpunk. I was amped about it... but the "sexual themes" seem way too weird to me to have in a video game. Apparently you customize your guy's unit if you play as a male? I saw that posted on reddit or something. Kinda strange to me. I've never played a video game and said, "yeah man, I imagine my character is packing!"

Gonna wait for more reviews.

37 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Just makes me want it more. I can finally be the man I knew in my heart I was supposed to be!

Please name your character Momma There Goes that Man with Three Legs 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I don't know how I feel about Cyberpunk. I was amped about it... but the "sexual themes" seem way too weird to me to have in a video game. Apparently you customize your guy's unit if you play as a male? I saw that posted on reddit or something. Kinda strange to me. I've never played a video game and said, "yeah man, I imagine my character is packing!"

Apparently there are pretty graphic sex .....quests?....as well. I dont know how I feel about it either. But its not gonna stop me from playing this game at this point. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

a word of caution: All the review copies CDPR gave of Cyberpunk were PC. Apparently, they didn't allow reviewers early access to console copies.

Sounds like they know the console versions don't look great or contain even worse bugs/glitches. 

All the PC copies of this game were buggy as hell too. Ima give it like 2 weeks to see if they patch any of it. I have already waited 2 decades anyway 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Pretty sure you could do something like  that in Saints Row

12 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

THQ is still around?  I thought they went under.

Yeah, my bad. They did. Some other company has acquired the naming rights and became THQ Nordic. Confusing. The Syphon Filter news is apparently connected to Sony Bend.

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

All the PC copies of this game were buggy as hell too. Ima give it like 2 weeks to see if they patch any of it. I have already waited 2 decades anyway 

Already preordered 😔

Apparently there is a 43 GB patch that is coming on launch day that will fix all or most of the issues

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah that's going around on Twitter. I believe one person tasked with reviewing it suffered a seizure, and was then attacked by the incredibly toxic gaming community and sent more clips of stuff like that.

Pretty crazy.

I don’t mind some sexual humor in games. Well timed and nuanced it can be absolutely hilarious...  but dildos, customizable penis and purposely trying to induce seizures is a really strange video game concept. 

Major thumbs down from me.

I have a hard time believing the seizures thing.  A game like Cyberpunk is not created by a small group of ****head pranksters in their basement, it is produced by huge sophisticated developers (in this case CD Projekt, total assets of $1.4 billion according to wikipedia).  One, huge sophisticated companies exist to make money, not pull pranks.  Two, huge sophisticated companies employ lawyers that will but the kibosh on anything that threatens the money-making potential of their product, such as the likelihood of a huge class action lawsuit stemming from the developers decision to intentionally try to induce seizures.  

The dildos thing just makes it seem like a bad, poorly conceived and written, uninspired game.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz

47 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I have a hard time believing the seizures thing.  A game like Cyberpunk is not created by a small group of ****head pranksters in their basement, it is produced by huge sophisticated developers (in this case CD Projekt, total assets of $1.4 billion according to wikipedia).  One, huge sophisticated companies exist to make money, not pull pranks.  Two, huge sophisticated companies employ lawyers that will but the kibosh on anything that threatens the money-making potential of their product, such as the likelihood of a huge class action lawsuit stemming from the developers decision to intentionally try to induce seizures.  

Nah, it wasn't intentional,  but def hazardous. 

https://www.vg247.com/2020/12/08/cyberpunk-2077-epileptic-seizures/amp/

The game’s Braindance feature, meanwhile, is another risky area for epileptics. This mechanic allows you to interact with memories and to use this, your character has to put on a headset that blasts their eyes with flickering red and white LEDs.

This is much like the hardware used by medical professionals to intentionally trigger seizures.

“The headset fits over both eyes and features a rapid onslaught of white and red blinking LEDs, much like the actual device neurologists use in real life to trigger a seizure when they need to trigger one for diagnosis purposes,” Ruppert wrote.

I doubt lawyers get involved, unless they failed to put the seizure warning on the fame, which... basically every game with those sort of features does (even many that don't just to cya).

The actual backlash is coming from this

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Why is that person saying that CDPR cultivated this fanbase?  Did something happen?

I think the implication is that the style of game was meant for immature brats.

I don’t know that is true, especially in its entirety... but dildos, customizable peni and people sending seizure inducing videos to  a woman who suffers seizures is certainly evidence to that point. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

That part was nonsense.  The pervasive toxicity of game culture itself isn't really on any one particular dev. Its widespread.

12 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Why is that person saying that CDPR cultivated this fanbase?  Did something happen?

He is referring to their actions and statements around gamergate and how they've joked about it over the years since. Which some point to as cultivating that type of person/response/attitude and welcoming them

Here is an article from days before this happened on the marketing and audience this game was looking for.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/12/4/22058784/cyberpunk-2077-marketing-cd-projekt-red-transphobia

• Thanks 2

That article definitely left me with one of those hmm.... frown on my face.  If CDPR didn't have their Witcher track record, I doubt I would even glance at this game now.  For now, I'll wait to see the fallout after the first few weeks or months (or wait for our cool, hip, edgy, yet not 8chan trolling @Mr. Sinister to report back).  

• Haha 1