Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at New York Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

Yes I know FOX is running ads for the final debate like it's a Pay Per View but keep the politics OUT of here. 

Or you'll be out of here. :) 

I dont hate the game Allen is playing.  The INT wasnt good, but otherwise, he's keeping them in the game, moving and controlling the ball, and getting them in scoring positions.  I'm more confident we have a chance to win this than I would be if Haskins or Smith were in.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

I mean, historically it’s not a good playcall for almost any QB, period. It’s an extremely low percentage play across the board. But man is it a beauty when it works. 

being able to do it is really a necessity though because there are certain red zone defensive fronts that really are only neutralized by either a consistent fade or an absolutely dominant oline running game, otherwise a really well played zone can neutralize all the other routes. Nice to see it

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I dont hate the game Allen is playing.  The INT wasnt good, but otherwise, he's keeping them in the game, moving and controlling the ball, and getting them in scoring positions.  I'm more confident we have a chance to win this than I would be if Haskins or Smith were in.

I still stand by the idea that Allen is playing the exact same game plan that Haskins played with weeks 1, 2 and 4. 

I take that back because Allen is moving the pocket more, but that's about the only difference. They took at least one shot deep, but otherwise its almost a carbon copy of some of Haskins throws. 

4 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

When you've got a 6'5 guy on a 5'11 guy I want a higher placed ball. That's why I'm not big on the placement. But its not something I'm big on either way. You (and others) say it was great, then I'll defer

I think the placement was to ensure it's in play.  I think Thomas has a harder time getting his feet in if he's extending up to get it.  As Gibbs used to say, no pass ever has been completed out of bounds.

Allen is fine. He’ll be in the league for a long time as a backup/pinch starter.

This scheme though. It generates nothing downfield and Turner has a knack of putting the QB in bad spots where they can either take a sack or a grounding.

Just now, Hooper said:

Allen is fine. He’ll be in the league for a long time as a backup/pinch starter.

This scheme though. It generates nothing downfield and Turner has a knack of putting the QB in bad spots where they can either take a sack or a grounding.

Maybe.  I think soem of that is protection of the OL with WRs who can’t separate.  

Just now, Hooper said:

I don't want to place a ceiling on him. He's showing he can play in this league. He needs to improve his arm strength because he is looking more like Colt McCoy right now. 

Let’s talk about the balls to give up the shot at a semi-sure thing FG (I know nothing is a sure thing with this kicker right now) to go for it on 4th and 3, get it, and go into the half having put up 7 instead. That’s what we thought we were getting with Rivera and there it is. 

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Let's just be happy the Giants run into the kicker on 4th & 9....because the real head scratcher was the 3rd & 9 play where Allen throws to someone at the line of scrimmage as if they were going to find a way to covert.  

and they lost  5 yards on it lol

6 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Eagles behind 17 points now.  Annoncers claim this is a winnable division.  Cowboys play Monday night.

Eagles first six drives to start the game:

3 and out

3 and out 

3 and out

1st play fumble

3 and out

3 and out 

1 minute ago, GOATFrerotte said:

Hopefully Allen is comfortable now and can really start getting the team rolling. That was nice to see him respond well after such a terrible pick

Honestly this is what scares me with Allen. Haskins has an arm that he can throw dangerous passes and because its so hard defenders are more likely to deflect it than catch it. Allen's arm strength isn't on the same level so I think the more dangerous passes he throws the more risky it gets. 

That said I remember Doug Floutie (wasn't this the year Brees was benched) scrambling around the pocket to get a good throwing lane instead of settling for the dangerous pass. 

Archived