Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at New York Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

Yes I know FOX is running ads for the final debate like it's a Pay Per View but keep the politics OUT of here. 

Or you'll be out of here. :) 

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Pretty sure my usage is spot-on.

Nope...cause what i said wasn't arrogant at all...it was an opinion and I have stated as such several times...your not seeing that is your downfall...not mine...so just sit down before you actually hurt yourself.

14 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Nope...cause what i said wasn't arrogant at all...it was an opinion and I have stated as such several times...your not seeing that is your downfall...not mine...so just sit down before you actually hurt yourself.

That’s also not what I said.

8 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Sorry if my interpretation was wrong...but it seemed you were calling my opinion arrogant...if not then please enlighten me of what was arrogant...

I said that while you may not agree with the decision, if you can’t see the rationale behind why he went for it, if you’re so convinced that what you think is right to the point where you can’t fathom any other logical decision other than your own.

Thats arrogance.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

I said that while you may not agree with the decision, if you can’t see the rationale behind why he went for it, if you’re so convinced that what you think is right to the point where you can’t fathom any other logical decision other than your own.

Thats arrogance.

Hmm..I really didn't get that from your post..

Yet still diaagree...my opinion is not arrogance because I am sure many pro coaches would have gone for the tie as well...

So again as far as you calling my opinion as arrogance I post to you...

49505650_1658310700980789_5809948041079160832_n.png

7 hours ago, Xameil said:

Hmm..I really didn't get that from your post..

Really? Because what I wrote was...

"That’s fine. But questioning any kind of rationale behind why he did it is arrogant."

Your insistence on refusing to acknowledge any rationality behind the decision is the very definition of the word. Again, you're so convinced that what you would do is the ONLY right thing is arrogance to a tee. The superiority of your opinion doesn't leave any room for a rebuttal because you're absolutely convinced that it's your way or the wrong way. I'm done with this petty argument. 

•  

4 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Really? Because what I wrote was...

"That’s fine. But questioning any kind of rationale behind why he did it is arrogant."

Your insistence on refusing to acknowledge any rationality behind the decision is the very definition of the word. Again, you're so convinced that what you would do is the ONLY right thing is arrogance to a tee. The superiority of your opinion doesn't leave any room for a rebuttal because you're absolutely convinced that it's your way or the wrong way. I'm done with this petty argument. 

•  

Here...let me help you out here...

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/arrogant

ar·ro·gant | \ ˈer-ə-gənt  , ˈa-rə- \

Definition of arrogant

1: exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance often by an overbearing manneran arrogant official
2: showing an offensive attitude of superiority : proceeding from or characterized by arrogance

I honestly don't feel I did any of that. I felt it was the wrong call, I stated as such and expressed the same feelings as many others...

You thinking that that us arrogant because I have a different opinion is kind of arrogant in of itself.

Anyways...the game is over, the play is done...some agree with it others do not...on to the next loss...I'm done with this conversation now.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Who would ever accuse you of that? 

Lol ok fair enough...I definitely have a history of being a complete arrogant asshole....and laugh about it when I do it...which is why I know the definition of arrogant...but in this case.. totally wasn't being arrogant...

My arrogance only really shows up when some hippies try and claim a wrap is a sandwich...

;)

I didn't like the going for 2 but understand why they did.  I'd rather let us try to score in OT since we just went down the field for a score.  The Giants seemed tired.  While I always have trouble believing our D can stop anyone when it matters (in recent years), I think this might have been the case to test that and if we won the toss, hopefully something good happens.  For me, it seemed to kill the mood of making a great last minute drive.  Of course, pass should have been thrown up for grabs so we have a chance but seemed like he was stuck between trying to run for it or pass.  Grr...

Archived