Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at New York Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

Yes I know FOX is running ads for the final debate like it's a Pay Per View but keep the politics OUT of here. 

Or you'll be out of here. :) 

10 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

It hurts, but I'm okay with it. The best we can do is limp to beat the Giants, so give me the draft picks in hand. They tried without throwing in the towel, I won't ask for more.

That and young players trying to get better. That is the best we get this year, and truly all I expected (except for a brief fever dream during the second half of game one.) 

22 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Please build an OL / team before drafting another QB

U can do both. U can have a good o line and a bad passing game, see the Gibbs 2 years.

You can find O lineman in FA and after the first round if need be. Good luck finding a QB that way as this team can attest to for the last 20 years plus 

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No chance. #21 is keying him.  

This second picture is when Allen realizes he can’t outrun him to the pylon. 

I count 6 witches in that 2nd picture. There's north, south, east, and west. Who are the other 2 wicked witches that TV landed on?

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

It's one on one, there's always a chance.  Get a juke, a dive, who knows what happens.  Make 21 make a play on you.

I mean that’s fair.  But the point I was making was that there wasn’t an open lane.  

Allen could have tried to make a play.  But  he would have had to break a tackle to get into the end zone.  

I will admit, what he did wasn’t very helpful either.  I don’t think anything he did was going to score in that situation.  

shrug . 

8 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

We are the worst of the NFC East and that will be confirmed when NY sweeps us in 3 weeks.    We will come out flat after our bye.

As long as there’s effort like tonight that’ll be fine with me. This is a bad team. I want to see us competitive till the end though 

26 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think his attitude did him in inside the building.

I also think it was never about Allen vs. Haskins but Haskins vs. Haskins.

That doesn't erase the point that the team isn't any better with Allen vs. with Haskins. Because that's accurate. 

yeah I don’t get the impression that Haskins fall has anything to do with Allen

12 minutes ago, Catatonic said:

Haha!!!  Such a Redskins way to lose a game.  Sheesh.

Interestingly, the Redskins won a game against Miami last year in the same manner that they lost today.  Miami failed on the two point conversion, while they were down by one with ten seconds left.  A bunch of people joked that it was strategy for tanking.

Can we stop saying "it shows that the coach believes in you/that you can win"? This team sucks, no one should believe in them and they obviously can't win. These are professional athletes, they shouldn't need the head coach to go and coddle them and give them participation trophies. If you can do it, go out and do it! I'm not mad at the call (Hopkins sucks too), I'm more upset that Allen didn't run it it for the TD. He's slow to take off and run, just like Haskins.

Ughhh. When sims (Simms?) caught that TD, i wanted to go to overtime and win. I know We most likely wouldn’t have won the division even if we did win today, but i  wanted the team to at least have an opportunity to take first place back at least until next Sunday’s loss to Dallas. Why? Because i love being in first place, even if we do suck 

I know that’s weird. Shut up, let me have my happiness!!! :) 

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Poor choices the whole game. some worked, some didn't

That 4th down at the end of the half was a bad call, even if it worked. The 2 pt conversion was a bad call as well.

Hard to win games with the QB giving away the ball. Even when you play the Giants.

D held Jones to 112 yds. Our O was anemic.

The 4th down call at the end of the half was not bad whether it worked or not, the math says to go for it on 4th way more than teams do and that situation is why. 

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

I hate this argument so much.  We’re not a QB away but name the last QB we’ve had that was widely considered a long term franchise QB?  I don’t care what state the rest of the team is in.  I really don’t.  I want to not worry about the QB position for a decade.  More than great linebackers, or whatever, I want that.

Then we should be trying to get a veteran QB and stop failing to develop our 10 year guy over and over again.  Done with rookie QBs, we need a break from ourselves right now.

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

Can we stop saying "it shows that the coach believes in you/that you can win"? This team sucks, no one should believe in them and they obviously can’t win 

Welll, arguably, they MIGHT have, if they had a chance, in OT. But they also might have lost just as easily. 

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ughhh. When sims (Simms?) caught that TD, i wanted to go to overtime and win. I know We most likely wouldn’t have won the division even if we did win today, but i  wanted the team to at least have an opportunity to take first place back at least until next Sunday’s loss to Dallas. Why? Because i love being in first place, even if we do suck 

I know that’s weird. Shut up, let me have my happiness!!! :) 

Believe me we have many more reasons to believe you’re weird than this comment 😂 

Archived