Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Washington @ Arizona

TK

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It actually looks like they changed the gameplan to be quick hitters... (Which they should have been doing anyways, but I digress). I don't think the line is necessarily playing better. Arizona is also easing off the gas a little on defense instinctively. But yes, it has been better. Which isn't saying a whole lot :ols:

Next game, they should start with quick hitters.  I hope the coordinator realizes by now that the Oline is not so good.  Even an amateur like me knows that.

Just now, dyst said:

We really have to consider a new QB, I mean how much better can Haskins really get.

With a strong online and multiple weapons i think he would be pretty good.  But nothing I have seen of him indicates he would be special.  Nothing.

This game is still somehow exciting and I’m enjoying watching our young studs perform. We didn’t expect to win today and we won’t but we have a LOT to be excited about and it’s fun to watch individuals and our team grow. HTTR. Biggest disappointment today was the falcons folding. 

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

The problem is that there’s not really much we do “best”, or anything 

Offensively, nothing.

Defensively, we can get to the QB and our secondary has a nose for the ball. We specialize in explosive plays that shorten the field, not bend-don't-break and should double down on that.

Just now, redskins59 said:

Next game, they should start with quick hitters.  I hope the coordinator realizes by now that the Oline is not so good.  Even an amateur like me knows that.

I mean they might have called quick hitters but Haskins just didn't get the ball off or the OL got overwhelmed.

I'm just not seeing the issue with playcalling. There has been variety in run/pass and overall design and we are trying to get the ball out to guys in space that can make a play.

We're just severely lacking talent outside of McLaurin and Haskins just doesn't seem to process information or make decisions quickly enough.

Just now, dyst said:

We really have to consider a new QB, I mean how much better can Haskins really get.

We really do.  Saying that will get you attacked by folks, but it is true.  Haskins seemingly has very little upside right now and may have maxed out.  Who knows, but I do not see a giant leap forward that puts him in the top 15 QBs any time soon.  I see a hit or miss grab bag of random performances.  A new QB is in our future...just a matter of how soon that future gets here.  

Archived