Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins/Eagles Game prediction thread.

nonniey

I actually feel really good about this one. The Eagles are banged up and this Washington team is completely unknown. New HC, who is a known HC, but his OC has only 4 games of film and totally different personnel... His DC is a guy he's never worked with prior.

The biggest X-Factor, in this one, is the playmakers. Down the road, with film and tendencies I'm a bit more murky on this team's ability... But with all the playmakers on this team I actually think a week one win is definitely a very real possibility. 

(5) Tress Way field goals and (2) touchdowns on offense due to some turnovers from the eagles. Stout attacking defense keeps the eagles in 3rd and longs all day..

29-13 for the Washington Football Team (FKATR) Hail !

so glad football is back 🍻

and another bold bold prediction that Hopkins will not have to punt all game. 

I should never multi-task 🤦🏼‍♂️

13 minutes ago, A-Lost-Wolf said:

(5) Tress Way field goals and (2) touchdowns on offense due to some turnovers from the eagles. Stout attacking defense keeps the eagles in 3rd and longs all day..

29-13 for the Washington Football Team (FKATR) Hail !

so glad football is back 🍻

Soooooooo, who's gonna tell him?

Chase Young ties Derrick Thomas with 7 sacks after which Philadelphia never passes again (and some schmo looses a fortune betting the over on Young breaking Thomas's record in this game).  "Haskins going deep.  He's got Terry McLaurin at the 10, 5, Touchdown Washington Redskins!", becomes a thing.  (Watch, when people get really excited, you'll hear a lot of "Redskins".  If you have the discipline to say "Touchdown Washington Football Team!", you are not really excited.  People have been crying "Touchdown Washington Redskins!" since the Team started scoring them, and Gibbs 1 certainly helped.  It's like Shakespeare:  Cry "Redskins!" and let slip the Red Wolves of War!")  Team has perfected using Gibson in the backfield, and Haskins and Gibson put on a play-action clinic.  Absolute 50/50 split on Gibson = run or Gibson = pass.  If pass, equal chances screen to Gibson, short, medium, or "Haskins going deep to McLaurin again!  Touchdown Washington [this time it's beeped out]".  Antonio Gibson gives the Team the opportunity to run every single play they have that utilizes one running back, no matter what the role of that running back.  It also allows them to call any pass play (as modified by Gibson starting his route from the RB position).  Eagles' O concedes air supremacy to Washington and tries to run against Allen, Ion, Payne, Settle, Sweat, Young, Kerrigan, Anderson....  FG and punt blocked.  Steven Sims with a punt return TD.  Alex Smith and Tim Settle practice the Riggo drill to close out the game.   Washington Football Team 70, Philadelphia Eagles 0.

YOU LIKE THAT?!?!?

I don't see our offense moving the ball well against the Eagles. Not sure if the new playcalling will catch the Eagles unaware but with limited pass catching options outside of McLaurin, we will struggle to get down field and score. Just my gut feeling but I hope I am way off and our new offense explodes against the Birds.

Eagles 24 - WFT 10

Man I miss our old unis, just not feeling the maroon and gold numbers helmets (yuck).

38 minutes ago, SamoaSkinz said:

I don't see our offense moving the ball well against the Eagles. Not sure if the new playcalling will catch the Eagles unaware but with limited pass catching options outside of McLaurin, we will struggle to get down field and score. Just my gut feeling but I hope I am way off and our new offense explodes against the Birds.

Eagles 24 - WFT 10

Man I miss our old unis, just not feeling the maroon and gold numbers helmets (yuck).

Last year we scored 27 points both times we went up against the Eagles, and one of them was with a rookie QB, 3 rookie WRs, and Old Man Callahan as coach lol...

All Sportbooks have the O/U at 43 to 44.5   This amounts to 6 TDs in the game.  Odds of a low scoring game (4 TDs or less) are slim.

PHI is favored by -6 to -6.5   This is a one possession game. 

Odds makers have scoring by Quarter with WSH half-time lead and limiting PHI to 7. 

What I don't like about the Odds makers here is they're going too heavy on recent history.  Almost copying the script from last year.  The major difference I see is that PHI is closer to the same team.  Once again with injury Question marks, which ultimately didn't stop them from winning.  WSH however is nothing like last year.  To statistically mirror a second half non-adjusted meltdown seems to be risky by the Odds makers.  

PHI might run first and find themselves playing from behind.  Wentz will find himself under attack and less escapes then he's had before.  WSH will mix up play calling and have PHI guessing wrong in the first half.  PHI will adjust in the second half and comeback to a one possession game.  The difference will be turnovers.  The last TD wins it for the team that capitalize on a turnover.  Field Goal doesn't win it.  Prediction:  WSH  27  PHI  23

Note:  Expect WSH game plan to not allow DJax to win the game.  Might get a heavy dose of Troy Apke over the top on his side, witha heavy concentration on Ertz.  Two obvious defensive priorities.  Troy Apke could bring that decisive pass defense with Wentz under pressure and playing from behind, with his speed to match an aging DJax. Wentz with a pulled lower body muscle of some type will be pressed for sure. Wentz has a tendency to fumble and not throw INTs. 

How can anyone possibly predict anything in week one this year? I am gonna go Skins 28 Eagles 24. We will have the first homefield advantage in Fedex in a decade. The Skins take advantage of it.....I guess?

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

How can anyone possibly predict anything in week one this year? I am gonna go Skins 28 Eagles 24. We will have the first homefield advantage in Fedex in a decade. The Skins take advantage of it.....I guess?

Edit: Please excuse my Skins error. Something tells me that is going to happen a lot this year. 

36 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Who's gonna hold, though?

67FF6E20-C841-40A7-804D-3F6916A6C039.gif

I predict every game the WFT won this year will be because the offense scratches out 20 points and the defense can hold the team to 17.

I am going to be the eternal optimist and predict:

WFT: 20

Eagles: 17

Surprise on offense and a legitimately good D get a close win. 

Archived