Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins/Eagles Game prediction thread.

God, some of y'all are optimistic to say the least.  Why do you put yourselves through the disappointment every year?  23-10 Eagles.  The NFL is all about continuity.  The Eagles have a core who know each other well with a top 5 qb.  We have a bunch a young guys who haven't played a lot of ball together.  We also have the worst o-line in football. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Daniel.redskins said:

God, some of y'all are optimistic to say the least.  Why do you put yourselves through the disappointment every year?  23-10 Eagles.  The NFL is all about continuity.  The Eagles have a core who know each other well with a top 5 qb.  We have a bunch a young guys who haven't played a lot of ball together.  We also have the worst o-line in football. 

It's actually something Rivera said: "Play competent football, the wins will come." We're so desperate round these parts, we're just looking forward to competent football.

18 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

The disappointment comes from the team losing, not from getting a prediction wrong. Are you trying to say that you won't be disappointed if we lose because you predicted the loss?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, London Kev said:

The disappointment comes from the team losing, not from getting a prediction wrong. Are you trying to say that you won't be disappointed if we lose because you predicted the loss?

Of course not, watching this team is one of my favorite hobbies in life.  I just know that we are at the beginning of a 2 year rebuild.  What I said probably came out wrong.  But I wouldn't bet real money on them beating Philly (if I was a betting man).

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Javon Hargrave is OUT for this Sunday. That's a big blow to their defense

Derek Barnett is listed as questionable, as are Lane Johnson and Miles Sanders.

Lane Johnson is coming off ankle surgery and has not done much at all during camp apparently - questionable is probably generous for his status and if he does play he really will be limited. Likely (or at least very possible) they could have inexperienced backups starting at RG and RT which would be nice 🙂

• Like 1

Elite pass rush is the closest thing to having an elite QB. Let’s see if they can be elite and be the catalyst to an upset win. 

I think Pederson and his offense is extremely overrated, but the key is not allowing Pederson to get in a rhythm on 1st down. He likes to be dynamic on first down, but becomes ordinary on 2nd and 3rd down. Create unfavorable situations for them on 2nd down the team might be a good shape. 

42 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Is the Kendall Fuller news real?  I expect him to play.  He’s been participating in light practice as far as I know....

Seeing as how on the injury report, he’s listed as “Doubtful”, that would be a pretty sure sign that he most likely won’t play 

8 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Lane Johnson is coming off ankle surgery and has not done much at all during camp apparently - questionable is probably generous for his status and if he does play he really will be limited. Likely (or at least very possible) they could have inexperienced backups starting at RG and RT which would be nice 🙂

Yeah and they'll probably try to play these injured guys anyways because its a division game.

That's a larger mistake for a kid like Reagor with a tear in his labrum. Even a slight tear requires 6-8 weeks for sufficient scar tissue to grow enough to protect further damage.  Every time he raises his elbows above his chest risks further damage. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

At least it's nice to see that Saahdiq Charles and AGG are back and fully practicing. So both TD and Kendall Fuller will most likely be out.

Its smarter to hold important players like Fuller Out or Emergency only than never fully recover.  Wiser medical decisions pay dividends down the road. 

• Like 1

Among our 4 top corners (Fuller, Darby, Moreau, and Moreland), Fuller had the slowest 40 time. I'd like to have him play against the Eagles. If he can't, though, I'm happy to give Moreau, Moreland, and Darby the opportunity to cover Reagor and Jackson, as they bring a fair amount of speed to the field. I'm figuring that Apke, another speedster, will double on Jackson whenever possible.  

Old saying is that a great pass rush makes up for a so-so secondary better.  Chase and that front 4 will hopefully make a big difference.  One thing I do know is that JDR is leaps and bounds better than Manusky ever was.  I trust that JDR will bring out the best of this defense no matter what.

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

Doesn't Kerrigan have a lengthy history of abusing Eagles' backup RTs? He may not play much but when he does hopefully he will still wreck **** up.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1

We have zero identity, front office is a joke, now no history, no name, retread coach, etc. 

We have nothing but unproven players, and what looks like a continual slide into ineptitude. To think anything in Ashburn resembles wins is ridiculous, and to be honest I’m still a free agent at this point because no Redskins = new team IMO so I don’t even know if I’m a fan of this new team in DC. 

Eagles 28

The Team From DC 10 

We are who we know we are, a new franchise with an inept front office, retread coach and nothing but guys who have done nothing. 

• Confused 2
2 hours ago, MartinC said:

As much as we are pumped for Young. I really want to see Sweat go off

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:

We have zero identity, front office is a joke, now no history, no name, retread coach, etc. 

We have nothing but unproven players, and what looks like a continual slide into ineptitude. To think anything in Ashburn resembles wins is ridiculous, and to be honest I’m still a free agent at this point because no Redskins = new team IMO so I don’t even know if I’m a fan of this new team in DC. 

Eagles 28

The Team From DC 10 

We are who we know we are, a new franchise with an inept front office, retread coach and nothing but guys who have done nothing. 

Why are you here and why do you watch? Honestly, with such a negative outlook I don't understand why you even follow the team. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Seeing as how on the injury report, he’s listed as “Doubtful”, that would be a pretty sure sign that he most likely won’t play 

I didn’t swipe left.  Now I see it.  Doesn’t bother me.  Definitely better with him though.

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Get some sleep, you come off as very cranky.

Edited by Vanguard
25 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I didn’t swipe left.  Now I see it.  Doesn’t bother me.  Definitely better with him though.

Get some sleep, you come off as very cranky.

Whaaaaat?!!..noooo that's just cooleyfan..totally good dude..pri just got here from twitter and now has his panties in a bundle..lol dooohhhh 

• Haha 1