Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Training Camp Discussion Thread

JSSkinz

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

How about newspaper? Do you actually not keep up with what’s going on in the country, at all? 

I seriously dont man... occasionally while my wife is getting ready she will put it on Good Morning America...I dont get the paper cause I can't read..what's facebook and twitter?..

13 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I seriously dont man... occasionally while my wife is getting ready she will put it on Good Morning America...I dont get the paper cause I can't read..what's facebook and twitter?..

All I can say is keep doing what you're doing. Nowadays any time I hear about a story it's most likely on social media and has been influenced in some way by the person sharing that information. It sucks, I've thought about deleting my social media accounts but my family is out of state and it's just easy to communicate with them through it. 

The amount of people that cannot determine when they're reading misinformation or when something is obviously bull**** is astounding. There are studies that have proven that people that were not raised around computers are the most easily susceptible to believing misinformation on the internet. My parents for example believe everything they read on the internet as long as it fits their agenda. 

I don't watch the news anymore either, it's depressing as hell and has it's own clear agenda to divide. 

Say no to personal social media accounts

No Twitter, No FB, No Tik Tok, No real form of social media. Ever

I don’t use those sites/platforms, and hearing what has become of them has confirmed my choice of not using them. I still stay plugged in via TV, and internet, but I have much less bombardment in the way of opinion news as others who are always on these sites.

For the most part, it has at least allowed me to form my own opinions, and not be a total zombie.

I recommend it.  

Social media isn’t bad if you don’t use it in bad ways. I use FB/snapchat/Instagram to keep in touch with college friends, and my cousins that live in all different parts of the country, and twitter to see local media members tweets and national media as well, for all sports.

Yes, social media can be bad if you choose to get bothered by news agendas and stuff like that. The trick is to NOT let that stuff get to you. 

27 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Does someone read other peoples post to you, and type your post for you ?

Nope..I do it my self..I start reading long articles and I lose focus..

29 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Social media isn’t bad if you don’t use it in bad ways. I use FB/snapchat/Instagram to keep in touch with college friends, and my cousins that live in all different parts of the country, and twitter to see local media members tweets and national media as well, for all sports.

Yes, social media can be bad if you choose to get bothered by news agendas and stuff like that. The trick is to NOT let that stuff get to you. 

My kids are spread all over the country..only way I stay in contact with them is by an old fashioned text message or phone call..good for you zombie

19 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Who in the world is taking social media advice from the guy who thinks that arguing with strangers he thinks are morons (and sometimes bots!) on Twitter all the time is a form of entertainment. :ols:

Ok that thing with the bot was ONE TIME :P and i think I’ve proven pretty well over the years that all those people I’ve argued with don’t know **** :) 

however, what i said wasn’t wrong, social media is only what people allow it to be for them. If people choose to get mad about the opinion posts, and agendas by the news outlets, that’s what it’s always going to be then. People get too easily annoyed with FB and all that stuff, it’s fun if you use it to see friends fun pictures and stay updated on what they’re doing in life. 

2 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

All I can say is keep doing what you're doing. Nowadays any time I hear about a story it's most likely on social media and has been influenced in some way by the person sharing that information. It sucks, I've thought about deleting my social media accounts but my family is out of state and it's just easy to communicate with them through it. 

The amount of people that cannot determine when they're reading misinformation or when something is obviously bull**** is astounding. There are studies that have proven that people that were not raised around computers are the most easily susceptible to believing misinformation on the internet. My parents for example believe everything they read on the internet as long as it fits their agenda. 

I don't watch the news anymore either, it's depressing as hell and has it's own clear agenda to divide. 

Thanks man..all this is exactly why I dont use it

10 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Say no to personal social media accounts

No Twitter, No FB, No Tik Tok, No real form of social media. Ever

I don’t use those sites/platforms, and hearing what has become of them has confirmed my choice of not using them. I still stay plugged in via TV, and internet, but I have much less bombardment in the way of opinion news as others who are always on these sites.

For the most part, it has at least allowed me to form my own opinions, and not be a total zombie.

I recommend it.  

I don't know, man. TV is full of bots, too. In fact, depending on the channel you watch I'd guess your getting 90% opinion to 10% reporting.

12 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

If ignorance really is bliss then you must be the happiest man in America Tater! : )

16 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Perhaps OL help is on the way; ESPN projects us to battles it out with the fighting Jorts for the top spot in the 2021 nfl draft.

I don't know how more people aren't picking the Jets. That team is a **** show--their owner sucks almost as bad as Snyder, and the players hate Adam Gase.

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I don't know how more people aren't picking the Jets. That team is a **** show--their owner sucks almost as bad as Snyder, and the players hate Adam Gase.

One of 2019s biggest mysteries, how did the Jets win 7. 🤨

The Athletic's Ben Standig reports RB Bryce Love would not make the team if Washington decides to keep just three running backs headed into the season.

Standig said pass-catching back J.D. McKissick's "spot on the team and the game plan appears secure." He added the Football Team "may keep four backs on the gameday roster since [offensive coordinator Scott] Turner’s system uses plenty of two-back sets. If the decision is only three, it’s Peterson, Gibson and McKissic." Love failing to make the Washington roster would be a surprise after weeks of positive practice reports. Peterson, per Standig, is locked in as the team's early down back. The 35-year-old is available in the 10th round of seasonal leagues. 

SOURCE: The Athletic 
Aug 28, 2020, 8:47 AM ET
  •  

2 minutes ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

With how this offense plans to use RBs, it would be a crime to keep only 3. No chance.

yeah with our deficiencies at WR and TE, Gibson and McKissic likely are asked to pick up some of that slack.  I have us carrying at MINIMUM 4 and possibly 5... also only carrying 5 WRs to make the space.  

2 hours ago, Stefanskins said:

If ignorance really is bliss then you must be the happiest man in America Tater! : )

Thanks? Lol..glad to see your still around 

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

I don't know, man. TV is full of bots, too. In fact, depending on the channel you watch I'd guess your getting 90% opinion to 10% reporting.

I dont watch tv either..just the football games that are on the TV...in a normal year I'll watch the nba playoffs and finals as well..the office re runs and whatever the wife is watching is what I watch

31 minutes ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

With how this offense plans to use RBs, it would be a crime to keep only 3. No chance.

I can't see it either.  They have to keep 4. There's no way on earth they're keeping a 35 yr RB and cutting Love.  I guess, he's still PS eligible though. 

If anything, Love just slots into the Guice role as the backup to AP.  They dont have one without Love, because you're not gonna put it in the gut of Gibson and Mckissic between the tackles 20 times.  

32 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

yeah with our deficiencies at WR and TE, Gibson and McKissic likely are asked to pick up some of that slack.  I have us carrying at MINIMUM 4 and possibly 5... also only carrying 5 WRs to make the space.  

Gibson makes those numbers easy, since he can be split out wide if necessary.  If he's really gonna be Swiss army knife guy, and not just a full time RB who happens to run routes from time to time.

13 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I can't see it either.  They have to keep 4. There's no way on earth they're keeping a 35 yr RB and cutting Love.  I guess, he's still PS eligible though. 

If anything, Love just slots into the Guice role as the backup to AP.  They dont have one without Love, because you're not gonna put it in the gut of Gibson and Mckissic between the tackles 20 times.  

Gibson makes those numbers easy, since he can be split out wide if necessary.  If he's really gonna be Swiss army knife guy, and not just a full time RB who happens to run routes from time to time.

The other thing is I think Turner, Rivera, and Smith are smart enough to understand that McKissic as a 5th RB is more of a contributor than Kidsy as a 6th WR.  

Went through it.  Some tidbits.

Standig thinks these dudes are in trouble (either bad camp or others are in better favor)  Reuben Foster, Jeremy Sprinkle, Schweitzer (injury), Lucas

Inman looks locked in as the #3 (Z) receiver

McKissic looks like a lock and is ahead of Love

Bostic looks like a lock as one of the 3 starting linebacker.  KPL and Hamilton would be the other best LBs in camp. 

Darby a lock at a CB spot

Ismael > Pierschbacher

Apke likely is the FS

Archived