Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Training Camp Discussion Thread

JSSkinz

Just a place to post content and discussion concerning training camp.

Washington Football Team Reduces Roster To 53 Players

The Washington Football Team released the following players:

• CB Aaron Colvin
  • S Sean Davis
  • DE Nate Orchard
  • TE Richard Rodgers

The Washington Football Team waived the following players:

• T Paul Adams
  • DT David Bada
  • DE Jordan Brailford
  • WR Tony Brown
  • G Joshua Garnett
  • TE Hale Hentges
  • WR Johnathon Johnson
  • CB Ryan Lewis
  • QB Steven Montez
  • LB Jared Norris
  • T Timon Parris
  • LB Donald Payne
  • C Ross Pierschbacher
  • WR Trey Quinn
  • S Jeremy Reaves
  • WR Cam Sims
  • T David Steinmetz
  • WR Jester Weah

The Washington Football Team placed the following players on the Reserve/Injured List:

• DT Ryan Bee
  • LB Reuben Foster 
  • G Mike Liedtke
  • CB Simeon Thomas
  • WR Jordan Veasy

The Washington Football Team placed the following players on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury List:

• WR Kelvin Harmon

With the moves, the Washington Football Team's active roster now stands at 53 players.

Sheesh, Chase Young has some serious drive. That level of commitment is rare, especially from someone who is 21. Man almost coaches himself. Every player should be a self motivator, but this guy just stands out.

He is going to be special.

Been waiting for this. Zombie needs football almost as much as he needs brains.

26 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I can’t even imagine gruden scolding players for standing around being confused during practice. This is refreshing and a nice change 

Gruden's players stood around confused for entire seasons....I agree, RR is holding them accountable. 

18 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Just wonder with Charles injury if Kyle/Ron make a move to sign a vet Left OT.  

Don't think it's that serious.

2. Pairings and Combinations

The No. 1 offensive line on Tuesday was Geron Christian, Wes Martin, Chase Roullier, Brandon Scherff and Morgan Moses from left to right.

The starting free safety with the No. 1 unit was Troy Apke over Sean Davis. We saw Ronald Darby and a combination of corners on the outside, including Fabian Moreau, Jimmy Moreland and Aaron Colvin  with Kendall Fuller inside. 

In the primary defense on Tuesday, Kevin Pierre-Louis and Jon Bostic were the linebackers when the defense was in nickel. 

The No. 1 defensive line featured Ryan Kerrigan, Montez Sweat, Matt Ioannidis and Jonathan Allen inside. With better depth, for now, that means not only is Young working with the second unit but also so is 2018 first-round pick Daron Payne. 

We’ve been so devoid of coverage over these weeks, it’s refreshing to see us out there. Can’t believe we’ll be playing Philly in a few weeks. They better put their big boy pants on and come correct. Cuz philly won’t go lightly on us. Hope JDR gets these guys on the same page quickly. The O will take some time, but the D should be good to go sooner.

Saw a tweet about Everett and honestly forgot he was on the team. Must be cause he was injured like half of 2019...when healthy he’s pretty good, isn’t he? 

1 minute ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

We’ve been so devoid of coverage over these weeks, it’s refreshing to see us out there. Can’t believe we’ll be playing Philly in a few weeks. They better put their big boy pants on and come correct. Cuz philly won’t go lightly on us. Hope JDR gets these guys in the same page quickly. The O will take some time, but the D should be good to go sooner.

Yep. 3 weeks and 5 days until week 1! Time really needs to hurry up now.....

Wait. Did I just hear broadcasted Inter-squad scrimmage...

Dear sweet baby Jesus...

Depending on how hard they go, this could be nightmare scenario. If you thought Pre-season games sparked a debate, I cant image the ARMAGEDDON  an intra squad game will bring. We will be able to directly compare talent against our own guys, known commodities.

I fear for the violence that will erupt on these boards. I predict bloodshed.

On the otherhand, the football side of Zombies stomach has been empty, so I welcome the action. Its gonna be fun

Ron seems intensely focused and already in regular season mode. It’s scary to think we’ll be playing in 3 weeks+. For me at least, it’s A reminder that we are a work in progress. And it may look ugly early.  We gotta have a little patience as a fan base, especially early in the season.

Archived