Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Training Camp Discussion Thread

JSSkinz

33 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I think you confusing talent with production..So Allen ,Payne, Sweat,Ioannidis, Foster, Collins,Mclaurin,Love, Kerrigan, and so on have no talent? A team with very little talent dosent rank 10th in sack on defense with the crap coaches and scheme that they were running if it didnt have talent.

There is a wide, yawning chasm between “no talent” and “as much talent as any team in the league”. 

Washington OC Scott Turner is adding more motion and reverses.

The Washington Football Team is undergoing one of the biggest offensive scheme changes in the NFL this offseason. Washington was 28th in pass attempts, 30th in neutral-situation pass rate, and 31st in neutral-situation pace last season and just brought in Carolina's offensive coordinator who led an offense that ranked 2nd, 4th, and 5th in those same metrics. It's great news for Rotoworld favorite Terry McLaurin, but the pre-snap motion and reverse wrinkles are specifically encouraging for Antonio Gibson. The rookie is unlikely to walk into a traditional running back role right away -- picking up blitzes may prove difficult -- but he can be a player that's schemed the ball out of the backfield. Gibson is now being drafted near the 100th overall pick in drafts.

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

Is there a schedule for the next training sessions? I guess some of them will not be open to media, so is there a place where we can look up which sessions are open to reporters?

I think Thursday and Friday are open to the media.

18 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Oh please.  There is nobody alive today who was born before lower case was invented.  You don't need to use all upper case; just change to a larger font.  (Yes, large fonts predate everyone too.)

Im an engineer and always drafting with CAD.  All notes on plans are in caps ive done it multiple times

4 hours ago, Panninho said:

Is there a schedule for the next training sessions? I guess some of them will not be open to media, so is there a place where we can look up which sessions are open to reporters?

According to this the media will be covering for the next two weeks, weather permitting.  If they get chased into the bubble, then it's closed doors.  I did see that they are practicing outside today despite the rain.  

22 minutes ago, checmate21 said:

Know it's only day 2, but that O-line is getting worked...Also, it's to be expected, we have some beastful boys on that dline...and Chase Young haven't even done 11 vs 11 yet..OH MY

As you say, given the difference in talent between our D-Line and our O-Line it's hardly surprising. If you take a glass half full view of the world then our O-Line should improve by practising against high quality opposition day in, day out. If you take a glass half empty view then the D-Line isn't getting the practice it needs, facing a second-rate group.

Unexpected bonus: Haskins aggressive offseason workout regimen gets a boost as he has to dance around the backfield every play behind this o-line. I expect him to lose another 5 lbs.

There are ways to help with this. Even if they are not great blockers, we may lean more on the two TE sets within our playbook early in the season. This also has to boost the presence and value of JD McK as he is a proven back that you know can operate effectively in pass pro. He will likely see 5-8 more reps in a game than previously anticipated.

Work that O-line until they look like Zombies. They will get better every practice. A lot of youth on that line too.

1 hour ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Dwayne better keep his head on a swivel this year. OL sounds like it’s getting worked, I know it’s only day 2 but, come on guys..

No doubt, and just think if Alex ends up playing behind this o-line at some point? Scary thought.

Archived