Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Training Camp Discussion Thread

JSSkinz

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Young simply tossed 315 pound Paul Adams aside, like he was a piece of stale lettuce he didn't want on his burger

It was an impressive shed. Completely free’d himself. We all focus on the pass rush, but moves like that can make him a dominant force in the run game. If that pans out, and you have Sweat on the other side... watch out

There is so much meat on the bone for this guy, and that is how a Zombie likes it. As good as he is, his potential is even higher.

1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

Geron at LT with the 1s?

*shudder...

19 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Ron seems intensely focused and already in regular season mode. It’s scary to think we’ll be playing in 3 weeks+. For me at least, it’s A reminder that we are a work in progress. And it may look ugly early.  We gotta have a little patience as a fan base, especially early in the season.

They deserve a pass for this season even before COVID started. 

He hasn't even finished getting rid of all the guys that were jus fine with the way Jay did things.

Scorched Earth isn't supposed to be pretty, is what it is.

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Geron at LT with the 1s?

*shudder...

It's because Charles is injured.

Then again, I think Charles is expected to earn the starting job, and not have it handed to him, since he was not a 1st or 2nd rounder.

And IIRC, he started last year's camp with the 1's as well, due to injuries, TW's holdout, and we hadn't signed Penn yet.

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

It's because Charles is injured

Exactly.  

My single biggest concern with this team right now is the oline because of depth, talent, and injury concerns.  

Musical chairs there can stop an offense in its tracks, crossing fingers on this one, did we go forward or backwards here?

23 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Ron seems intensely focused and already in regular season mode. It’s scary to think we’ll be playing in 3 weeks+. For me at least, it’s A reminder that we are a work in progress. And it may look ugly early.  We gotta have a little patience as a fan base, especially early in the season.

Patience? No way, we need to come out and hit the Eagles hard....we've been patient since 1992. I can handle a loss but we better show up and fight....and DH better show growth. 

I hear what you're saying though, I am just tired of that word.

Just now, kingdaddy said:

Patience? No way, we need to come out and hit the Eagles hard....we've been patient since 1992. I can handle a loss but we better show up and fight....and DH better show growth. 

I see a post like this every year, I understand.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

We were up 17-0 on the Eagles in Week 1 last year.  Still can't believe we gave that game away.  D Jax cooked us.

Yeah, one would think if we jump out to a 17-0 lead early this time, that a Rivera-led team won’t let off the gas pedal the rest of the way like gruden-coached teams tended to do 

2 minutes ago, checmate21 said:

My fault, I'm at work..and my Caps lock stays on

The Older folks I work with can't read without it on, lol

Oh please.  There is nobody alive today who was born before lower case was invented.  You don't need to use all upper case; just change to a larger font.  (Yes, large fonts predate everyone too.)

2 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Oh please.  There is nobody alive today who was born before lower case was invented.  You don't need to use all upper case; just change to a larger font.  (Yes, large fonts predate everyone too.)

I work for a company that has a catalog that requires inputs to be done in caps... i have made the same mistake myself regarding leaving on capslock... accidents happen.  

16 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I’m with you man. I think we will def show up and fight. There is no doubt about it. I don’t think we need patience with that. That’s a given in my view. Just meant results wise. Our system has been in place for all of 1/2 real all out practices. It will take a little time I think. I expect us to ball out and be better in every regard.

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Hearing about Young voluntarily doing push-ups after a play he considered disappointing, I'm imagining the effects it has on other players/teammates, because behavior can be contagious, no matter which end of the spectrum it's on.

Brings you back to that "Alabama Mentality" we heard about with Allen, Payne and co.  I want to say I remember one off them coming out and saying that the NFL practices were 'easy' compared to practices at Alabama. 

46 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, one would think if we jump out to a 17-0 lead early this time, that a Rivera-led team won’t let off the gas pedal

The only thing scarier than a Great D-line, is one that gets to pin their ears back b/c the other team is in catch up mode.

If that happens again our line will feast on Wentz' bones, and Zombie would be jealous that they get the opportunity to do so.

Archived