Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Training Camp Discussion Thread

JSSkinz

1 hour ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Oh please.  There is nobody alive today who was born before lower case was invented.  You don't need to use all upper case; just change to a larger font.  (Yes, large fonts predate everyone too.)

lol, You a trip man..back to the team

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

I work for a company that has a catalog that requires inputs to be done in caps... i have made the same mistake myself regarding leaving on capslock... accidents happen.  

thank you, it is what it is

1 minute ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Witten is gone, that has to drop their average age significantly.

Is he really playing for the Raiders? 

I've bee so jealous of his talent for so long. Kills me. Great TE, OL, MLB. God, I hate them being solid.

44 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Is he really playing for the Raiders? 

I've bee so jealous of his talent for so long. Kills me. Great TE, OL, MLB. God, I hate them being solid.

I find it hilarious that they had so many high quality players, and HOFers on the roster...yet went nowhere in the playoffs.

Witten, HOF bound

Ware, HOF bound

Owens, HOF

That combined with a pretty good QB in Romo should mean some deep playoff runs right?  That's a collection of elite talent.

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Keim is hilarious how he can predict fan reactions 😆

I actually find it kind of patronizing. Could easily just be written as “Brailford ran with the 2nd and 3rd teams and at times flashed quickness off the edge that we haven’t gotten a chance to see with him yet, an intriguing late-round prospect from last year”. Something like that. He likes to frame his tweets in a way like he’s talking to dummies, when his coverage is some of the most basic and least noteworthy other than being trustworthy when he does confirm something. He reports things for the basic common fan who isn’t obsessive like us but then likes to jokingly talk down to that same demographic. 

Edit: This came off more negative and triggered by Keim than I meant it to lol, it’s not that big a thing with me. I just find myself rolling my eyes at him often, even though he’s a solid dude. Similar to Tandler back in the day. It’s not really about Keim though, it’s more me wishing our beat had the type of writer who would dig deeper than the surface level and cater to smarter fans, like the folks who have written for places like Grantland, the Athletic, the Ringer, etc. 

https://www.washingtonfootball.com/news/training-camp-daily-8-18-washington-s-talented-defensive-line-takes-the-field

The drill went on for about 15 minutes, and it was clear during that session that defensive end Montez Sweat was still the dominant pass rusher that Washington drafted 26th overall in 2019. Sweat made short work of Jeremy Sprinkle, as he used a combination of speed and strength to beat the fourth-year tight end. Sweat won all of his reps and continued that dominance in 11-on-11 drills.

Good to read about Sweat dominating. OL appears to have their work cut out for them. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Our 2nd year 1st round freakishly athletic EDGE prospect better be making mincemeat of the former 5th round TE that can’t do anything particularly well lol

Remember when we drafted Sprinkle and everybody said his strength was blocking?

Watching NFL network and they were talking about Washington and how Ron was gonna change the culture and how he cared about his players..yet they kept saying how they have very little talent..Washington has just as many talented players as any team in the NFL,The only difference is they were coached by some of the worst coaches the past couple years..Can't wait for this team to shut these fools up.

18 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I like the young talent that we do have as well man, but just...no. Not as much young talent as any team in the NFL at all. 

I think you confusing talent with production..So Allen ,Payne, Sweat,Ioannidis, Foster, Collins,Mclaurin,Love, Kerrigan, and so on have no talent? A team with very little talent dosent rank 10th in sack on defense with the crap coaches and scheme that they were running if it didnt have talent.

Archived