Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Training Camp Discussion Thread

JSSkinz

11 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Did anyone expect Lucas to look good? He’s a journeyman, and not a good one

He did very well for Chicago last year.  Allowed one sack in 507 snaps.  And no penalties.  So, yeah, I think it was reasonable to expect that he would look pretty good.

Just now, Number 44 said:

He did very well for Chicago last year.  Allowed one sack in 507 snaps.  And no penalties.  So, yeah, I think it was reasonable to expect that he would look pretty good.

I didn’t realize his last stop had been so impressive, interesting. Hopefully a commentary on the dominance of our EDGE guys? 

11 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

This was at RT though.  Aren't they playing him at LT today?  He struggled on the left side in Chicago as well.  

Ha - Tress Way finds a way to get honored in every possible way

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I didn’t realize his last stop had been so impressive, interesting. Hopefully a commentary on the dominance of our EDGE guys? 

At the least, Lucas has shown he can be either a solid backup, or a serviceable starter. He's not an "extreme" on either end of the spectrum.

I wouldn't be quick to give up on him, after hearing he had one unimpressive day at the beginning of camp.

I think a big part of these performances or lack thereof, is an indication of the talent on our defense, and the fact that they're "ahead" of the offense.

Even Haskins is struggling.

22 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

What is S Charles injury?  Cant find it anywhere.  It bugs me when rooks are injured in the first few days of camp.

From what I can gather, teams this year don't have to disclose that information until the season starts.  They told people about Chase Young's hip flexor, since the media saw him with an ice pack on his hip.  That's my guess at least.  So all the beatwriters are still in the dark about S. Charles.

48 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Wright ousting Quinn from the roster for that ST/returner/developmental depth spot would be great for this roster imo.

I said this before, the team needs to find a way to cut Trey Quinn.  If he survives, it is a red flag for the entire position group because he lacks athleticism. There are always these guys who hang around who kindof know what they are doing but are athletically limited, however they are hard workers, good practice players, and they will stay on rosters because coaches trust them.  

However, you know you have a solid roster wen those types of players are replaced with similar players with more athletic ability.   This is when you know you've got a solid roster .  

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I said this before, the team needs to find a way to cut Trey Quinn.  If he survives, it is a red flag for the entire position group because he lacks athleticism. There are always these guys who hang around who kindof know what they are doing but are athletically limited, however they are hard workers, good practice players, and they will stay on rosters because coaches trust them.  

However, you know you have a solid roster wen those types of players are replaced with similar players with more athletic ability.   This is when you know you've got a solid roster .  

Trey Quinn doesn't have the burst and shiftiness of Steven Sims.  However, his performance while on the field was far better when he had a good QB throwing to him.  I'm not going to write him off just yet because fans did the same with Ionnidis and he turned into a keeper.  

Btw, hasn't' Cam Sims flashed in every training camp he's been here, and then had a bad pre-season game or two, and that has basically done him in?  Maybe since there are no preseason games, that's better for him?  

That's not really a good thing overall, but it might be better for him short term.  

7 minutes ago, PlayAction said:

Trey Quinn doesn't have the burst and shiftiness of Steven Sims.  However, his performance while on the field was far better when he had a good QB throwing to him.  I'm not going to write him off just yet because fans did the same with Ionnidis and he turned into a keeper.  

Who wrote off Ionnidas? From my memory he was one of the few sleepers that fans here immediately identified as a potential keeper despite his lower draft slot, he seemed like a blue collar guy who could bloom in the NFL. I really don’t remember people here wanting to give up on him at all, and no one wanted to risk him going to the PS. Not that we knew he’d be the underrated stud he became, but he was a popular pick here once people looked into him. 

55 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Who wrote off Ionnidas? From my memory he was one of the few sleepers that fans here immediately identified as a potential keeper despite his lower draft slot, he seemed like a blue collar guy who could bloom in the NFL. I really don’t remember people here wanting to give up on him at all, and no one wanted to risk him going to the PS. Not that we knew he’d be the underrated stud he became, but he was a popular pick here once people looked into him. 

Ioannidis always looked promising. I still remember how his draft scouting report described him as a, "muscle shark".

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Here's a video that goes more in depth about the TC standouts so far:

Kyle's Way *Too Early Superlatives.

Stepping on soapbox ... is it too much to ask that a multi-billion $ organization to just get their spelling/grammar right?   Especially in a heading/title?

Meet the new boss ...

Shades of London Flecther.  Gotta pay attention to the details new regime.  

Off soapbox.

2 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Wright ousting Quinn from the roster for that ST/returner/developmental depth spot would be great for this roster imo.

According to one observer there, Quinn having a good camp thus far, too. 

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Btw, hasn't' Cam Sims flashed in every training camp he's been here, and then had a bad pre-season game or two, and that has basically done him in?  Maybe since there are no preseason games, that's better for him?  

That's not really a good thing overall, but it might be better for him short term.  

Yeah pretty much.  He flashed in last year's camp which I saw some of first hand but then in the preseason games he was meh.  Though he was good in the season's before pre seasons games.

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

I didn't realize Wright went to East Mississippi Community College, I haven't missed a season of Last Chance but I don't remember this kid.

Wait is he THAT Isaiah Wright? Didn’t he catch murder charges?? I do actually think I remember him, maybe from season 1?

Edit: I KNEW I remembered him and he had a big moment in season one! In the very first episode toward the end, he’s the secondary kick returner at about 48:05, the HC doesn’t even know he’s out on the field to return. They kick it to him, he breaks through the scrum with the ball, and the scene pauses as they dramatically go to an interview with Wright, and he just kind of joyfully says “And they kicked it to me, I was like ‘oh it’s over with.’ I seen that hole, took off!” Then the music kicks in, it unpauses and he scores the TD and makes his mark. Very cool and memorable moment, I knew I remembered that sequence with #17 but it was so long ago that I didn’t realize it was THAT Isaiah Wright. He must be over-aged for a rookie big time. I’m rooting for him. 

Archived