Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will you still wear your Redskins gear if the name changes

Howie411

Curious if folks will still wear their Redskins gear if the name changes.     In Public?  To a Game?  In Private?

I've spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars or Redskins clothing/gear and I'm don't see myself hiding it away in a drawer.   I honestly could care less if someone gives me a nasty look for wearing the stuff I bought.  Now if people start saying something to me, that might open a whole new can of worms.

32 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

Curious if folks will still wear their Redskins gear if the name changes.     In Public?  To a Game?  In Private?

I've spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars or Redskins clothing/gear and I'm don't see myself hiding it away in a drawer.   I honestly could care less if someone gives me a nasty look for wearing the stuff I bought.  Now if people start saying something to me, that might open a whole new can of worms.

Absolutely 

I've decided to pare down my collection and keep just the most sentimental stuff. The timing just happens to coincide with major life changes, so it's actually rather convenient.

I don't wear jerseys or hats anymore (all sports jerseys used to be ALL I wore), but I'll keep the few meaningful ones and eventually have them framed. I've got probably 20 hats I've never worn, just bought because I got a good deal. lol

I'll still wear the t-shirts and shorts whenever/wherever.

ADD:

It would be cool if someone has a thread to show some of our most cherished Redskins items, since people are going to start feeling nostalgic soon. Just a fun thing once the name change becomes officially official.

I should have started this thread..I was going to but just asked the question in the random thought thread instead..uggg

35 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I have 4 redskins hats, about 10 jerseys (none of them current players, though...), redskins athletic shorts, equipment staff shirts. 3 hoodies. Yeah I’d still wear my stuff in public or to games. 

You mean like me you dont have a scherff or Kerrigan or Mclaurin jersey?

1 hour ago, Howie411 said:

At first I thought it was a stupid question, but I'm actually not sure.  I'm in the Philly area anyway, so all I'd catch is flak.  I think to games is different, but I'm certainly not gonna Aaron Hernandez jersey anything.  Maybe just not wear it in public?

Good question.

14 minutes ago, tibbidoe said:

I've decided to pare down my collection and keep just the most sentimental stuff. The timing just happens to coincide with major life changes, so it's actually rather convenient.

I don't wear jerseys or hats anymore (all sports jerseys used to be ALL I wore), but I'll keep the few meaningful ones and eventually have them framed. I've got probably 20 hats I've never worn, just bought because I got a good deal. lol

I'll still wear the t-shirts and shorts whenever/wherever.

ADD:

It would be cool if someone has a thread to show some of our most cherished Redskins items, since people are going to start feeling nostalgic soon. Just a fun thing once the name change becomes officially official.

Hey..with those 20 hats you've never warn...793 j st #2 idaho Falls I'd 83402..I'll send ya photos of me wearing them

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

You mean like me you dont have a scherff or Kerrigan or Mclaurin jersey?

Well, Brandon scherff could possibly be leaving the skins next offseason, so I’m waiting until we sign him longterm. And mclaurin, i kinda wanna see if he can produce for more than just last year, could be an Xmas gift though. 

Kerrigan, well he should be the teams record sack holder after week 1, so I’ll celebrate by buying one 😁

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well, Brandon scherff could possibly be leaving the skins next offseason, so I’m waiting until we sign him longterm. And mclaurin, i kinda wanna see if he can produce for more than just last year, could be an Xmas gift though. 

Kerrigan, well he should be the teams record sack holder after week 1, so I’ll celebrate by buying one 😁

Totally understand where you're coming from...the folks have a hook up with the, how do I say aftermarket jerseys?...I got my Kerrigan throw back that way as well as my Mclaurin Jersey...xmas gifts

I'll definitely be wearing my Redskins gear because I currently don't plan to buy any of the new stuff right now.

I spent a lot of money on that gear. Plus got some for Christmas and birthdays as gifts.

I'm not going to just throw it into the trash can.

I am going to get some use out of them.

I think one of the things Howie was alluding to indirectly was if people are going to feel any trepidation about wearing Skins stuff in the future. Someone else mentioned folks wearing Oilers gear but there is obviously a political aspect to our name change. Not to get into the merits of the issue here, but you can see in the current environment how even wearing Skins gear might unfortunately devolve into something more than good natured ribbing. I still plan on wearing it, and see how it goes.

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

How come you wont buy new gear?

Many (most? - especially the diaspora) Redskins fans will not adopt this new team.  Only way I will is if it becomes the Braves or Warriors and keeps the colors which will at least link to the old team.

17 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I think one of the things Howie was alluding to indirectly was if people are going to feel any trepidation about wearing Skins stuff in the future. Someone else mentioned folks wearing Oilers gear but there is obviously a political aspect to our name change. Not to get into the merits of the issue here, but you can see in the current environment how even wearing Skins gear might unfortunately devolve into something more than good natured ribbing. I still plan on wearing it, and see how it goes.

This American Cultural Revolution will eventually end  - just as China's did. Wear your Redskins gear. 

Archived