Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 hours ago, skinzplay said:

Forget about anyone from the Buffalo staff coming to DC while RR is running things. Zero chance.

Right, McDermott probably laughs at the idea...

McDermott was hired as the defensive coordinator of the Carolina Panthers on January 17, 2011. McDermott was reunited with new Panthers head coach Ron Rivera, a former Eagles assistant whom McDermott served alongside from 1999-2003. McDermott was Pro Football Focus's second runner up to their Defensive Coordinator of the Year award in 2015.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Right, McDermott probably laughs at the idea...

Much has transpired since 2011, my friend. And the Carolina alumni in Orchard Park do not have a positive view of RR's coaching acumen. If we meet at a game I'll tell you a few good stories over the brewskies you buy me.

11 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Much has transpired since 2011, my friend. And the Carolina alumni in Orchard Park do not have a positive view of RR's coaching acumen. If we meet at a game I'll tell you a few good stories over the brewskies you buy me.

Sure, meet you there.

Edited by Riggo#44

1 hour ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I would rather have Frank Reich than Eric Biennemy since he does not call the plays in Kansas City.  Also like Zampese if you pick someone on the existing staff.

This would be an excellent opportunity for a non-playcaller to take his first steps. He's not following Gibbs so anything's an upgrade. Also, at one point every play-caller hadn't called plays. He's coming from a damn good offensive place, it's not like he's under the wing of a jabroni.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

If we're going with Howell as QB1 next year, the zone-blocking/RPO based offense plays to his strengths, in the very limited window we've seen from him. For young QBs like Howell, there are many examples of run-more-than-they-throw offenses that helped develop the QB, as well as win--Seattle with Wilson, and Dallas with Prescott being two of them. If we bring in London, I'd expect we'd sign Mariota.

My biggest question with this approach is: are our offensive lineman athletic enough to run this scheme? Primarily I am thinking about younger ones like Cosmi and Paul.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

If we're going with Howell as QB1 next year, the zone-blocking/RPO based offense plays to his strengths, in the very limited window we've seen from him. For young QBs like Howell, there are many examples of run-more-than-they-throw offenses that helped develop the QB, as well as win--Seattle with Wilson, and Dallas with Prescott being two of them. If we bring in London, I'd expect we'd sign Mariota.

My biggest question with this approach is: are our offensive lineman athletic enough to run this scheme? Primarily I am thinking about younger ones like Cosmi and Paul.

Is Mariota gonna pout if he doesn't get his way?

48 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Out of general interest I was reading that Charles London has an OC role at the Senior Bowl this year. 

He does and Kerrigan from our coaching staff is coaching at the Senior Bowl too but London could still be interviewed down at Ala. or before he leaves for Ala..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Also, It's not very often that an OC for a team with a franchise QB quits.

Lamar is quite overrated!!!

I think it’s far more likely that they gave him the opportunity to “resign” because he was getting fired, but he’s a respected guy there with a lot of years in the league. I highly doubt they wanted to keep him and he resigned on his own. Ravens players have been passive-aggressively, and then more recently aggressively, ****ting on the playcalling for almost two years now. Harbaugh basically had to do something or lose his locker room. It’s not Lamar

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I would rather have Frank Reich than Eric Biennemy since he does not call the plays in Kansas City.  Also like Zampese if you pick someone on the existing staff.

Dude, Bieniemy calls the plays. ALL the plays. Which is more than can be said for Andy's other offensive assistants who got HC gigs.

Don't get the dislike for Bienemy.

Bienemy

Reich

London

Zampese

Those are all names that make sense for what the situation is here.

Reich's carrot is if he does well he could be the next HC. 

Bienemy is the guy I'd prefer. Someone needs to give him a chance. We're in a fairly lame duck year. He can elevate us to contender status or just allow us a forward march to a high pick. I like the "high risk/high reward" option in this scenario. Not that Bienemy is actually that, but perception wise around the League he has to be or he'd be a HC somewhere.

• Like 5

Never thought it was about Bieniemy's coaching ability as much as it is character concerns that has kept him from getting a HC job. I'm all for giving people second chances- especially when the mistakes they made were from years ago- but I don't think NFL owners look at it the same way. He's been arrested for DUI, fighting, shoving a firefighter, grabbing a female parking attendant by the neck and has been linked to using alcohol and sex to lure recruits.

Arrested for fighting-  no big deal for me and DUI's after a few beers are serious, but can happen to anybody. Some of the other stuff is concerning though and to me, that's why he hasn't gotten an NFL HC job. Again, for me- people can learn from their mistakes and deserve the benefit of the doubt if they've been clean of any legal issues for years, as is the case with Bieniemy. At the same time, owners and FO people are in a tough spot when it comes to hiring a guy with that many run in's with the law. It's almost like there's so many other candidates out there, why hire a guy with so much baggage. How many of you out there would hire him with that history? I wouldn't close the door on it, because again, I believe people change, but I would have some concerns.

That's my feeling on it, but my feelings don't count. There hasn't been many guys that I know, other than Matt Patricia, that have gotten HC jobs in the NFL with a past like Bieniemy's and I don't know if Rivera- who seems to be all about hiring character people- would be willing to forget about Bieniemy's past and bring him in as our OC.  

1 minute ago, fearlessNelms said:

How many of you out there would hire him with that history? I wouldn't close the door on it, because again, I believe people change, but I would have some concerns.

Its not just the lack of belief that people can change. If you present me a quality hire w/ his history, and then another quality hire w/o baggage, its natural to lean towards the luggage-less guy. Its not like a star player situation either, where a ton of the greats get opportunity after opportunity b/c their talents are in short supply. There is a pipeline of coaches to pull from.

I can see the injustice in hiring some bum over Erik, but as long as your getting a quality hire that your org is comfortable with and think they can succeed with... its hard to justify unrest when he is passed over again and again. 

The farther removed from the bad days he is, the better off he will be. Someone will give him a shot at some point, probably won't be us tho.

42 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Its not just the lack of belief that people can change. If you present me a quality hire w/ his history, and then another quality hire w/o baggage, its natural to lean towards the luggage-less guy. Its not like a star player situation either, where a ton of the greats get opportunity after opportunity b/c their talents are in short supply. There is a pipeline of coaches to pull from.

I can see the injustice in hiring some bum over Erik, but as long as your getting a quality hire that your org is comfortable with and think they can succeed with... its hard to justify unrest when he is passed over again and again. 

The farther removed from the bad days he is, the better off he will be. Someone will give him a shot at some point, probably won't be us tho.

If you recall, some of the media, especially those openly pushing Bienemy, criticized the Lions about hiring “ankle biting” guy (Campbell) over Bienemy. That criticism has obviously been way off and that should hurt their credibility (for example, no idea why Shalise Manza Young still has a job with Yahoo Sports…she is an absolute buffoon)

• Like 1