Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Keim on The Junkies is eluding to Ron wants a guy with more experience and that can run a system more system to what they want.  Short quick passes, create underneath space, run the ball and not necessarily a downfield offense.  

In other words, he wants to play conservative (archaic) football.

This is why I'm generally not in favor of hiring a defensive-minded HC.

If my QB has the kind of arm Howell does, I'm salivating at the thought of a vertical offense.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Thumb up 1

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Basically Keim saying there Reich is on the table if he doesn't get a HC job.  

Interesting on the Falcons guy. Logan Paulsen has repeatedly called their running scheme under Arthur Smith the best in the league. If Ron truly wants to go run heavy, plucking someone from there would fit

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, method man said:

Interesting on the Falcons guy. Logan Paulsen has repeatedly called their running scheme under Arthur Smith the best in the league. If Ron truly wants to go run heavy, plucking someone from there would fit

London is also interviewing for the TN OC position.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

If my QB has the kind of arm Howell does, I'm salivating at the thought of a vertical offense.

Keim provided more color yesterday that they want to give these fast shifty playmakers of theirs in space to create big plays. One of the reasons they like Howell is because he anticipates well and is accurate to allow this too happen

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

London is also interviewing for the TN OC position.

I bet he takes that over this gig if offered given the Arthur Smith-Vrabel relationship. We need a veteran OC anyway vs a first timer

• Like 2

Going back to concerns about the (potential) new ownership, I empathize with those who are weary of a "meet the new boss, same as the old boss" situation. While San Snyder has "distinguished" himself as a uniquely incompetent, petty, and generally wretched person, it isn't as if there aren't other duds in that group. If we end up with a Dean Spanos, Jimmy Haslam, Stan Kronke or Jim Irsay type, I won't be too terribly impressed and I still won't like our chances. To undo the last 30 years of losing, especially the last (nearly) 25 of them, this franchise is going to need someone up to the task and that's going to require someone as rock solid and steadfast as they come.

Let's not forget that while JKC was principal owner for the Super Bowl years, it was Edward Bennett Williams who helped stabilize the franchise after George Preston Marshall nearly destroyed it. If there's an Edward Bennett Williams type out there, I really hope they pick up the phone and put a sweet bid in.

4 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

Going back to concerns about the (potential) new ownership, I empathize with those who are weary of a "meet the new boss, same as the old boss" situation. While San Snyder has "distinguished" himself as a uniquely incompetent, petty, and generally wretched person, it isn't as if there aren't other duds in that group. If we end up with a Dean Spanos, Jimmy Haslam, Stan Kronke or Jim Irsay type, I won't be too terribly impressed and I still won't like our chances. To undo the last 30 years of losing, especially the last (nearly) 25 of them, this franchise is going to need someone up to the task and that's going to require someone as rock solid and steadfast as they come.

Let's not forget that while JKC was principal owner for the Super Bowl years, it was Edward Bennett Williams who helped stabilize the franchise after George Preston Marshall nearly destroyed it. If there's an Edward Bennett Williams type out there, I really hope they pick up the phone and put a sweet bid in.

This is a very good point. The league needs to save this market and that means winning very soon. If you are Goodell, Harris would be the safest bet, also because has experience working with cities on building new stadiums

• Like 2

"On December 26, 2021 in week 16 of the 2021 NFL season game against the Raiders, Shurmur's offensive game plan made Broncos history as it yielded 40 offensive plays, eight first downs, and 158 yards of total offense. which is the second-fewest in a game in which the Broncos had a true quarterback playing in the last 29 years. The run offense managed just 18 yards on 16 carries, which is tied for the third-fewest in franchise history.

On January 9, 2022, Shurmur and Broncos head coach Vic Fangio were fired.

One year later the Commanders thought he would be a good offensive coordinator."

*I added that last sentence lol

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

"On December 26, 2021 in week 16 of the 2021 NFL season game against the Raiders, Shurmur's offensive game plan made Broncos history as it yielded 40 offensive plays, eight first downs, and 158 yards of total offense. which is the second-fewest in a game in which the Broncos had a true quarterback playing in the last 29 years. The run offense managed just 18 yards on 16 carries, which is tied for the third-fewest in franchise history.

On January 9, 2022, Shurmur and Broncos head coach Vic Fangio were fired.

One year later the Commanders thought he would be a good offensive coordinator."

*I added that last sentence lol

I mean, if you want to call Drew Lock a true QB.  I guess. Even so, the 13 points they scored in that game was more than we scored in 5 games this season. Upgrade!

24 minutes ago, method man said:

Keim provided more color yesterday that they want to give these fast shifty playmakers of theirs in space to create big plays. One of the reasons they like Howell is because he anticipates well and is accurate to allow this too happen

I bet he takes that over this gig if offered given the Arthur Smith-Vrabel relationship. We need a veteran OC anyway vs a first timer

London would satisfy one of I believe two mandated Rooney Rule minority interviews as well.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Basically Keim saying there Reich is on the table if he doesn't get a HC job.  

Haven't seen this anywhere, but I think Shurmur and Rivera might have been on the same Eagles' staff in the early 2000's.

Personally, I think Shurmur has more often than not been an excellent coordinator.  Got the Vikings to the Championship game with Case Keenum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Keim on The Junkies is eluding to Ron wants a guy with more experience and that can run a system more system to what they want.  Short quick passes, create underneath space, run the ball and not necessarily a downfield offense.  Guys that could fill that bill.  He said Reicht and Caldwell would fit well but interviewing for HC jobs.  They don't really want it to be a big change.  He did say Heinicke is an option, they'd like to have him back as the backup.  He dropped Brissetts name again if Heinicke bolts but not expecting a big swing.  Doesn't mean they won't inquire.  They want to beef up the Oline, improve the back 7 and maximize the offensive scheme with the next OC.

He explained you assume they max out the cap (different money) but it's the guaranteed contracts are TBD based on RR and Snyder meeting about a budget.

Keim says they really like Howell and won't likely have the budget for the Carr or a Garoppolo type.  He kind of debunked the Standig report that Turner didn't want Wentz.  Said that was not something you heard at the time Wentz was signed.  Here's something I hadn't heard but besides trying to go after Wilson but also Kyler Murray.

There goes Ron again...his big plan is to give us the narrowest path to victory.

Having a nickel and dime offense that wastes its speed at WR by not going downfield with any regularity means long drives, which are not sustainable over a game.  It also means you have to have a defense that is lights out against the better offenses in the game, which we do not have.   We're a paper tiger-lite defense: we make our hay against mediocre to bad offenses and wilt against good to great offenses.  

It also means that this team can't afford to fall behind - something Ron's teams do with alarming regularity.  You basically have to have every game go exactly as you planned in order to win. It's just not a sustainable path to a championship anymore.  But Ron and Martin clearly are stuck in the type of football that they themselves played 30 years ago.  It's just an incredible waste of time.   Can't wait to see these bozos shown the door.  

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Steve Bannon Bingo GIF

4 minutes ago, Redwards said:

There goes Ron again...his big plan is to give us the narrowest path to victory.

Having a nickel and dime offense that wastes its speed at WR by not going downfield with any regularity means long drives, which are not sustainable over a game.  It also means you have to have a defense that is lights out against the better offenses in the game, which we do not have.   We're a paper tiger-lite defense: we make our hay against mediocre to bad offenses and wilt against good to great offenses.  

It also means that this team can't afford to fall behind - something Ron's teams do with alarming regularity.  You basically have to have every game go exactly as you planned in order to win. It's just not a sustainable path to a championship anymore.  But Ron and Martin clearly are stuck in the type of football that they themselves played 30 years ago.  It's just an incredible waste of time.   Can't wait to see these bozos shown the door.  

Maybe, just maybe, this offense is designed to help a young QB develop with easy, quick throws to dynamic, speedy receivers. I dunno, just spit balling here.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Maybe, just maybe, this offense is designed to help a young QB develop with easy, quick throws to dynamic, speedy receivers. I dunno, just spit balling here.

Sure.  That's easy to see.

But the objective is to WIN.  Especially in Year freaking 4.  And this offers the narrowest path to victory in today's NFL.  It's a joke.   If Ron wanted to implement this kind of offense, he should have done it right away.  Nope.  He kept saying he waned to build the team like Buffalo.  He goes out and trades for a guy whom everyone with an NFL pulse knew was done, stood behind him, and took no blame whatsoever when he sucked.  A guy whom he wanted a downfield passing attack with.

Now we're back to square 1 four years later (because he's royally screwed up the QB position) with guys like Jon and Terry only getting older.   SMDH

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Redwards said:

Sure.  That's easy to see.

But the objective is to WIN.  Especially in Year freaking 4.  And this offers the narrowest path to victory in today's NFL.  It's a joke.   If Ron wanted to implement this kind of offense, he should have done it right away.  Nope.  He kept saying he waned to build the team like Buffalo.  He goes out and trades for a guy whom everyone with an NFL pulse knew was done, stood behind him, and took no blame whatsoever when he sucked.  A guy whom he wanted a downfield passing attack with.

Now we're back to square 1 four years later with guys like Jon and Terry only getting older.   SMDH

So, the way I read this, is you don't want to cater the offense to it's personnel--primarily a young, late-round QB? Didn't people pitch a fit about how we kept running long-forming plays downfield when we couldn't support that kind of offense?

Square 1 was coming of a 3-win season with very little real talent and Dwayne Haskins at QB. So, again, that's not true either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Keim on The Junkies is eluding to Ron wants a guy with more experience and that can run a system more system to what they want.  Short quick passes, create underneath space, run the ball and not necessarily a downfield offense.  Guys that could fill that bill.  He said Reicht and Caldwell would fit well but interviewing for HC jobs.  They don't really want it to be a big change.  He did say Heinicke is an option, they'd like to have him back as the backup.  He dropped Brissetts name again if Heinicke bolts but not expecting a big swing.  Doesn't mean they won't inquire.  They want to beef up the Oline, improve the back 7 and maximize the offensive scheme with the next OC.

He explained you assume they max out the cap (different money) but it's the guaranteed contracts are TBD based on RR and Snyder meeting about a budget.

Keim says they really like Howell and won't likely have the budget for the Carr or a Garoppolo type.  He kind of debunked the Standig report that Turner didn't want Wentz.  Said that was not something you heard at the time Wentz was signed.  Here's something I hadn't heard but besides trying to go after Wilson but also Kyler Murray.

Standig might be the worst beat reporter that covers the team. He's on the radio all the time and never has anything insightful to report. He says a hundred words without saying anything. Honestly can't stand the guy.

Short quick pass game is fine. That's how most NFL offenses are nowadays. Nobody is really throwing 50 yard bombs that often.

A short quick pass on 1st down often nets you an easy 6-7 yards. That's the bread and butter of the modern passing attack. That would be a welcome sight after three years of 1st down run for 1.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1