Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

On 1/19/2023 at 5:22 PM, skinzplay said:

Dude, Bieniemy calls the plays. ALL the plays. Which is more than can be said for Andy's other offensive assistants who got HC gigs.

I can't say I'm sold on Bieniemy.

According to CBS Sports.... Granted this was from 2020.....https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-eric-bieniemy-on-calling-plays-during-playoffs-people-making-something-out-of-nothing/

Bieniemy clearly has demonstrated play-calling abilities throughout the past two seasons in Kansas City, even though Reid is the primary play caller. Whether Bieniemy's involvement in calling plays is unclear, he downplayed the entire situation.

"We have an operation in how we do things and we have a communications system," Bieniemy said, via Herbie Teope of The Kansas City Star. "I mean, coaches communicate with me, I'm communicating to the quarterback. To be honest with you, I think people are making something out of nothing."

And then there is this.

LeSean McCoy, who played for the Chiefs for one season in 2019, was quick to criticize Bieniemy. He wrote on Instagram that the OC frequently argues with players and knows nothing about play-calling.

8 hours ago, HigSkin said:

They were bantering back and forth about this on The Junkies this morning where like if they hire a coordinator with a heavy run and protection philosophy, they may also need a pass game coordinator to compliment it.

Seems like too many cooks to me. A lot depends on their ego's as well.

9 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

Me too.  I am a little interested in the next OC.  I think the whole coaching staff are dead man walking, and I don't reallty care in a big way.  Dan leaving is everything the rest is small potatoes.

I am with Sheehan on Rivera.  Decent coach, not a great coach but also not a bad coach -- the best coach though that Dan can attract.  With Dan at the helm, I am totally fine with a coach centric model because it helps mitigate the chances that Dan is the defacto GM.

But with Dan gone it changes everything for me.  Then I want a FO centric model like I've advocated for years in the previous FO thread and I am totally fine with changing coaches.

My only argument with some on a new coach, is I am not fixated on name that wiz X's and O's person, since plenty of those dudes have bombed as head coaches.   

Joe Banner talked about this in a recent Galdi podcast which is when they hired Andy Reid in Philly they heavily studied before the hire the success and failures of previous hires in the NFL and what they found was the successes were primarily coaches known for their leadershp, communication skills and also were obsessively detail oriented -- in other words personality was a prime focus, the X's and O's were the gravy not the main plot line. 

That's been my feeling too over the years.  I used to be into the young X's and O's driven plot line.  Not anymore.  Too many like that have failed and the narrative as to why often focused on their personalites-lack of leadership.  It's different being respected leading a unit and getting players trust that way versus having the uber level leadership skills to lead a whole team.

Don't get me wrong I love the playcalling as an aspect of what they bring but its not the #1 thing for me.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, RVAskins said:

I can't say I'm sold on Bieniemy.

I am not sure.  I love the Andy Reid connection and some especially Reid swears by him.   But then Nagy also connected to Reid in a similar way arguably bombed in Chicago after season 1.  Bieniemy has some personal baggage and there are some stories he's not the easiest dude to get along with and then some say the reverse.  I recall a couple of reporters said that he has been failing to get head coaching jobs because he's not a hot interview.  Whatever that means -- got the vibe that he wasn't as prepared as other prospects or something like that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Surprised there hasnt been other moves by high end people seeing the writing on the wall that its a lame duck season

What kind of moves? They’re under contract. They’d need a promotion from someone else to make any sort of move, which isn’t really in their control. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Conn said:

What kind of moves? They’re under contract. They’d need a promotion from someone else to make any sort of move, which isn’t really in their control. 

Yep and Harris has been courted now multiple seasons, this isn't the first rodeo of him being interviewed elsewhere. 

Watching camp, he's fun, he's very loud and engaged. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Conn said:

You can always float things out there with your agent that youre looking to get out before things get bad. 

Watching the game yesterday and how easy it looked for the Bengals most of the game to convert over and over again, you got to think that Mike Macdonald will be a hot name for a HC position next year. The Ravens defense looked really good against the Bengals in all three games. They also started pretty shaky into the season and finished 3rd in points allowed even though they do not have a lot of flashy players. He is only 35 years old and got that defense playing at the absolute maximum.

Lot of good coaches that might be available in in 2024 for us (Ben Johnson, Ken Dorsey, etc.).

Those stats and the lowest All Pro number and being the one team who hasn't topped 10 wins in over 30 years is crazy.  

Bad teams just by sheer luck will find an occasional superstar in the draft that becomes a perennial All Pro, or will luck into an 11 win plus season or have a playoff run just one time -- not us.   

I'm really intrigued by Studesville...

The Washington Commanders are scheduled to interview Miami Dolphins assistant head coach/running backs coach Eric Studesville for their vacant offensive coordinator position today, per ESPN’s John Keim. The 55-year-old Studesville has a lot of experience coaching in the NFL, having been on a variety of coaching staffs in various jobs since entering the league as a coach back in 1997.

With so many stops around the league, it’s tough to predict exactly what kind of offense Studesville would run given his experience in a multitude of systems. But his most successful job and his most recent job have some crossover that might give us an idea. He won Super Bowl 50 under Gary Kubiak in Denver, who is a disciple of the Mike Shanahan system just like current Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel. Given that link, I think it would be likely that Studesville would look to run an offense in a similar fashion. So what would that offense look like?

Well, the foundation of any Shanahan system has always been the zone run game. Wherever you go around the NFL, anyone that comes from the Shanahan tree builds off a foundation of the zone scheme and the Dolphins under Mike McDaniel and Eric Studesville were no different.

On 1/21/2023 at 11:39 AM, redskinss said:

So how did we lose harris to a lateral move?

Was his contract expired?

With ownership changing, it would make complete sense for anyone with an opportunity they like (like a lateral move to work with people you know at like, or in a place you feel is stable) to jump on it

Snyder has no incentive to care, new owner will likely wipe everything out and start fresh, it’s not an appealing place to work. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

not us.   

“Do you understand that it is is statistically harder to consistently be this bad, than to occasionally accidentally be good”

-factory of sadness 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Listening to Keim talk today about offensive coordinator spot.

He stressed among other things that what they might like about some of these candidates (referring to Brown) is the energy they'd bring to the room.  And being able to sell the plan which didn't always happen here with the previous coordinator.

Logan Paulsen referred to a similar point in another podcast forgot what he said but he got into how Kyle Shanahan was a great communicator and would build confidence in the players while selling the plan.

It brings me back to why i was arguing with some who pushed the idea that Scott Turner would be a good head coach last off season.  My point was his personality comes off so quiet and understated, low energy and made to my observation even his dad look like he has a ton of personality in comparison.  Didn't come off to me at all a leader of men. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, tshile said:

“Do you understand that it is is statistically harder to consistently be this bad, than to occasionally accidentally be good”

-factory of sadness 

Exactly.  Even his weird run of picking bad QBs is really hard to do.  If you let an ape throw darts at a mock draft board, they'd beat Dan at it.  The blid squirrel gets an acorn metaphor doesn't work in Dan's case -- he's the blind squirrel who never gets the acron.  Even random luck eludes him.

• Like 1