Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Just listened to a lawyer on 980 (not sure who he was), if he's forced out, Snyder will challenge the veracity of the bylaws. I believe this will get dragged out like the MASN debacle. However, if he is forced out, the team will fall under a conservatorship to run the team.

Conservatorship would be bad the league would run the team? I think expos were in conservatorship they were terrible when mlb was running them.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Conservatorship would be bad the league would run the team? I think expos were in conservatorship they were terrible when mlb was running them.

If the end of the tunnel is a Snyderless fairy tale, then I'm in...

The impeccable Snyder record...

✓ Six flags 

✓ Johnny Rockets

✓ Red Zebra Broadcasting

✓ Redsk...err... Commanders

Probably missing 2-3 others

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

27 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I can live with a couple of years of terrible if it means the end of Snyder. It's not like we're in some golden age right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

55 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If Bezos is the one pushing this and congress changes that will not stop this as he owns all of DC political people. 

Bezos is going to take Snyder team.

I  really don't think I would want Bezos as the owner. His ego is even bigger than Snyder's. I have a feeling he'd interfere way too much. I just want an owner who sits back and lets football people make decisions. Just surround the team with good football people. Then light a big cigar when you lift the Lombardy trophy.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I  really don't think I would want Bezos as the owner. His ego is even bigger than Snyder's. I have a feeling he'd interfere way too much. I just want an owner who sits back and lets football people make decisions. Just surround the team with good football people. Then light a big cigar when you lift the Lombardy trophy.

It can't be any worse.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

In a way, we want the owner to be very involved, just not in football decisions. Bezos could build the team a practice facility and stadium that would rival what Jerry has built for the Cowboys. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I just heard on bmitch and finlay that Tanya made comments back in September on Schefters podcast that her and Dan had discussed whether they’d had enough but that it wasn’t the message they wanna send to their kids but what that does tell me is they’ve atleast legitimately thought about it to me that’s kinda a big deal. To me that says that it’s gotten to a point where it’s no longer enjoyable to own the team anymore. 

Ok, I know you have a mother in law but yet you seem not to have learned anything. 🙂  Just messing with you.  

But seriously, to me the above means she told him she is tire of it and he convinced her to let him keep the team. What it does not mean is that danny boy has ever considered it. Only tanya. 

I am not saying it will not happen. But her statement does nothing to move the needle for me. 

22 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Where is all the Bezos speculation coming from?

Just putting together the obvious pieces. Bezos was apparently rumored to be interested in buying a team about a year ago. 

Bezos wants to be a DC a socialite that straddles politics and power. It’s why he bought the WaPo … he’s renovating a mansion in Kalorama to host social events. He brought HQ2 to Arlington and spends a ton of time in DC. 

pre-pandemic and HQ2 announcement he’d  just be bouncing around Arlington incognito for lunch with staff. The guys pretty entrenched in DC. 

it only makes sense he’d want the Commanders. Especially if it gives him a chance to build a new stadium out of the gate. 

Also read the Washingtonian Magazine feature on Bezos just prior to the HQ2 reveal in 2018. It’s a very telling piece. After reading it I had a feeling he’d pounce the second Dannyboy faltered. 

• Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

On the contrary, he loves owning this team because it's the only way people are forced to treat him with 'respect' and call him 'Mr. Snyder.' It's the only way he can get his childhood heroes like Theismann to hang out with him too. He didn't figure that he would actually be held accountable for being such a total sleazeball, that's all.

Agreed, I also think another motivation for Dan to hold onto the team is that he fears selling it to someone more capable than himself (just about anyone with a pulse) and having the new owner go on to be succesful and loved by the community, creating a new generation of loyal fans in the process.

Which would only validate Dan's incompetence, something his narcissistic ego would avoid at all costs.

His ouster has to be a force play to succeed. 

7 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Here’s the dream. During the spring owners meetings; Dan is told the nfl is forcing him to sell.

Dan takes them to court but things are settled by summer. The team is sold and owners approve the sale at fall owners meetings.

The new owner fires the entire front office. He or she hires a Gm and lets the Gm decide on whether to keep Ron or get a new coach in 23.

Since we are unlikely to find that qb this year; the new Gm does whatever he needs to do to get that guy in 23.

The new owner builds a stadium in dc.

88Comrade2000 wrote: "Here’s the dream. During the spring owners meetings; Dan is told the nfl is forcing him to sell. Dan takes them to court but..."

It's even better than that 88Comrade2000!

The really big news that I learned today is that if the NFL owners actually vote to remove Dan and force a sale Dan has no legal recourse.

He can sue, of course, but as long as the NFL Executive Committee, Goodell and the owners, follow their bylaws the case will likely be summarily dismissed.

From the league bylaws signed by all owners as a condition of team ownership:

"The Executive Committee may impose such... discipline or punishment as it decides... Any such ruling or decision... SHALL BE FINAL, CONCLUSIVE, AND UNAPPEALABLE. Any party (ie Dan and Tanya Snyder)... AGREES TO RELEASE AND WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS... WHETHER FOR DAMAGES OR FOR ANY OTHER REMEDY OR RELIEF..."

The first step in this process is the commisioner ordering an investigation of the facts which is precisely what he did last week.

I think the NFL has finally made the  calculation that keeping Dan in the long term is less palatable than enduring the short term pain of excising him from the league.

This is it guys. (fingers crossed)

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 3

I can't image Jerry Jones, Mara, and Lurie want someone like Bezos in their division knowing he can spend top dollar on facilities, staff, etc since money is not an option to him.

Imagine the type of money he could put into having the absolute best medical staff to not only treat injuries, but prevent injuries....or loading up on the amount of possible scouts in the scouting department. Those types of things would be huge in the overall performance of the team

11 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If Bezos is the one pushing this and congress changes that will not stop this as he owns all of DC political people. 

Bezos is going to take Snyder team.

Can we stop with that Bezos is pulling all the strings in the background stuff for once?

It's a lazy narrative that distracts from the victims and undermines the work the investigative journalists have put in. It's also quite ridiculous to think that Bezos is involved on an operative level - especially when all the stories that came out recently turned out to be true. 

Bezos might be interested, he might even buy the franchise if it comes to that but Snyder has done all of that himself. He created that toxic workplace and ist ultimately responsible for everything that is coming his way. He is not the first owner of a sports franchise to get caught up by his own wrong-doings and he won't be the last - just because this happens here doesn't mean that we got a supervillain in the background. And for the politicians, this is a great way to get exposure. Taking down an NFL owner and billionaire by doing your job (on the oversight committee) is great for your vita, there doesn't have to be someone behind everything all the time.

I know you probably didn't mean it that way but I really dislike reading that Bezos conspiracy because it takes so much away from the horrible things that happened to these women.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

88Comrade2000 wrote: "Here’s the dream. During the spring owners meetings; Dan is told the nfl is forcing him to sell. Dan takes them to court but..."

It's even better than that 88Comrade2000!

The really big news that I learned today is that if the NFL owners actually vote to remove Dan and force a sale Dan has no legal recourse.

He can sue, of course, but as long as the NFL Executive Committee, Goodell and the owners, follow their bylaws the case will likely be summarily dismissed.

From the league bylaws signed by all owners as a condition of team ownership:

"The Executive Committee may impose such... discipline or punishment as it decides... Any such ruling or decision... SHALL BE FINAL, CONCLUSIVE, AND UNAPPEALABLE. Any party (ie Dan and Tanya Snyder)... AGREES TO RELEASE AND WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS... WHETHER FOR DAMAGES OR FOR ANY OTHER REMEDY OR RELIEF..."

The first step in this process is the commisioner ordering an investigation of the facts which is precisely what he did last week.

I think the NFL has finally made the  calculation that keeping Dan in the long term is less palatable than enduring the short term pain of excising him from the league.

This is it guys. (fingers crossed)

While I understand what the bylaws say regarding appeal, damages,  etc…. I have to go back to the Keim tweet about going scorched earth on the league. Rest assured this is not the only team with issues. Also the league. I’m not defending Danny boy by any means but the reality as an owner, he is privy to the league's practices and knows many of the secrets. Even if he can’t sue/appeal, the scorched earth option may do something even worse, force the league in to disclosure on its operations and dealings which may bring many things to light that the league and owners don’t want public. Combine that with the Ross/Flores situation it could get very ugly for the league. Danny is not interested in protecting the shield. If they take him out he is going to try to bring everyone down to his level of stupid and has a good chance of beating them with it (his stupidity) it all adds up to a major black eye for the league and more congressional investigations/oversight.
Either way makes for good drama. I just want the team to be good again!!

3 minutes ago, Jacoby6644 said:

While I understand what the bylaws say regarding appeal, damages,  etc…. I have to go back to the Keim tweet about going scorched earth on the league. Rest assured this is not the only team with issues. Also the league. I’m not defending Danny boy by any means but the reality as an owner, he is privy to the league's practices and knows many of the secrets. Even if he can’t sue/appeal, the scorched earth option may do something even worse, force the league in to disclosure on its operations and dealings which may bring many things to light that the league and owners don’t want public.

I think this line of reasoning, which has been bandied about often, is so overblown. I don't believe at all Snyder "has the goods" on the NFL and could "go scorched earth" on them if he's forced out. His track record doesn't even remotely speak to a guy who's that smart, and I'm sure he's viewed by the other owners as the idiot of the "family." I mean, this is a guy who responds to sexual harrassment accusations by saying "how long ago" the events took place and that the women in question seemed happy when they resigned. I don't think anyone's scared of him beyond what he's doing to the league AS THE CURRENT OWNER. Besides, he's so universally despised that no one will take anything he has to say seriously anyway if he's dumped. It would be a huge relief to the league, and it sounds like from above his legal options would be very limited anyway. Plus, he'd be getting billions. So there's that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1