Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

55 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The problem is at least some of the people who he will take with him are the same people who would be needed to vote him off the island.  

It's a conflict of their interest.

The more I think about it, the more I think if they decide he's got to go, and maybe they are getting there, they are going to find a way to pay him to go away.  I think the League is going to buy him out, and then sell the team.  I don't think he will sell to another owner directly.  And in the context of the deal, they will settle any potential litigation he might bring up-front, and there would be an NDA and a "you can't sue us" clause.

I wouldn't be shocked if the lawyers are working on that right now.  Dan will get a whole bunch of money, more than he deserves, and they will just buy his silence.

That is IF they have decided to move on.  I'll still believe it when I see it because I'm still extremely skeptical that the other 31 owners won't act in their own personal best interest, and that best interest is almost always the status quo. 

If the NFL did that, then Bezos won't be the owner. The NFL would steer the sale to a minority owner. Given the Flores lawsuit, if the NFL is directing the sale; the NFL has to get minority owner and this would be the best way to do it.

15 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Not gonna post the exact comments or who they came but from what I was told was that Jason has made certain comments to people that make it sound like he might not be here long and also was told that the “joke” Dan made at the announcement about the name being the worst kept secret was 100% a shot at Jason. 

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

If Jason Wright really has been planted by the league, Dan is done. The whole rebrand is probably endorsed in line with how the league want to market us moving forward, and it’s now just a waiting game for Dan’s demise to slowly unfold. 

These are mutually exclusive from my understanding. Jason not being here long, if he's implying he might be fired, is demonstrating that Dan *is* in control of Wright's position here.

I was pretty annoyed that Wright was pretty universally-congratulatory to the Rams, only somewhat mentioning us "hope we follow in your footsteps."  I liked him, I just feel like he's Mom's new boyfriend who's just trying too hard to look great now.

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If the NFL did that, then Bezos won't be the owner. The NFL would steer the sale to a minority owner. Given the Flores lawsuit, if the NFL is directing the sale; the NFL has to get minority owner and this would be the best way to do it.

Bro you just made me think:  His ex-wife has half of his money.  A woman, within the context of the all-boys club, would count as a minority.  And snatching that from Jeff would be such a boss **** move.  Winning with them would be queen-like.

I'm for this now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

These are mutually exclusive from my understanding. Jason not being here long, if he's implying he might be fired, is demonstrating that Dan *is* in control of Wright's position here.

I was pretty annoyed that Wright was pretty universally-congratulatory to the Rams, only somewhat mentioning us "hope we follow in your footsteps."  I liked him, I just feel like he's Mom's new boyfriend who's just trying too hard to look great now.

Bro you just made me think:  His ex-wife has half of his money.  A woman, within the context of the all-boys club, would count as a minority.  And snatching that from Jeff would be such a boss **** move.  Winning with them would be queen-like.

I'm for this now.

Tanya is white. When you use the term minority; you are talking about the race of the person not their gender.

10 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Tanya is white. When you use the term minority; you are talking about the race of the person not their gender.

This completely ignores context.

1. Tanya is married to Dan, who is in deep ****
  2. Tanya is not running the team, Dan is
  3. Nobody would allow Dan to sell to Tanya

And gender absolutely counts as a minority when they're in the minority (0/32) of this club.

And dude this whole thing is a joke why we arguing?

Edited by NewCliche21
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Dan losing ownership is going to be the greatest thread in e.s. history. If it happens I hope it stays pinned forever to always bring us happiness.

God, remember the thrill of Bruce's departure?

All 17 of us who still post here would blow that out of the water!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Funny, I looked at the recently browsing and there were exactly 17 looking at this thread. 

also, more than 17 would show up. Everyone would come out of hibernation for that.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

So it turns out the Broncos sale is an estate sale so it works differently: 

So IF we went up for sale it would be the only opportunity for the league to get someone that they specifically approve of in the door. Which could be a big deal if they’d really like a minority owner and a white billionaire is the highest bidder in Denver. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Brian Lafemina was supposedly a league plant, Snyder didn't care and ran him off.

At the time league didn’t have the leverage to make that stick the way they do now. League had the leverage to put Jason in power and tell Dan to sit down and shut up to an extent anyways 

11 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Dan losing ownership is going to be the greatest thread in e.s. history. If it happens I hope it stays pinned forever to always bring us happiness.

I think of it this way:

It'd be better than a Super Bowl.  Your team can win multiple Super Bowls...our team, although it's been awhile, has won 3 of them.  

But you can only get rid of someone like Dan Snyder once.  And that's a special thing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

So it turns out the Broncos sale is an estate sale so it works differently: 

So IF we went up for sale it would be the only opportunity for the league to get someone that they specifically approve of in the door. Which could be a big deal if they’d really like a minority owner and a white billionaire is the highest bidder in Denver. 

It’s part of reason I’ve said who I’ve said as potential owner. It’s somebody the league is familiar with having worked with them the last few years. Gives them the minority owner that they want. Someone who was reportedly interested in minority ownership when all that mess was going on. And keep in mind league wants To start pushing to more of a global brand. Who moves the needle more? I would think seeing shots of Queen B up in an ownership box week to week moves the needle more globally than seeing Bezos even with all his money. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I'll make a gif a day in that thread lol. I am pretty sure that would bring posters back just to be a part of the moment. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Haha 2

Snyder being forced to sell would be like when Gibbs came back in terms of internet rejoicing and and high-fiving. Maybe not as much here on ES as back in the day just due to the changes in internet usage and social media etc., but I do think a lot of old faces would come back here to be a part of it 

• Haha 1

Just now, Conn said:

Snyder being forced to sell would be like when Gibbs came back in terms of internet rejoicing and and high-fiving. Maybe not as much here on ES as back in the day just due to the changes in internet usage and social media etc., but I do think a lot of old faces would come back here to be a part of it 

I would go to the RFK site next to my house and start a candle light vigil. I will start singing Kumbaya and I will provide punch and pie. We must exorcise these demons together. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

Brian Lafemina was supposedly a league plant, Snyder didn't care and ran him off.

I understood that as Allen running him off, since he stole some of Allen's thunder. But, most likely with Dan's blessing. Additionally, Snyder wasn't in this level of hot water with the league either...

32 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I would go to the RFK site next to my house and start a candle light vigil. I will start singing Kumbaya and I will provide punch and pie. We must exorcise these demons together. 

can we change the lyrics, though?

"Get out Sny-der! Get the **** out!"

Edited by Riggo#44

I could actually root for the team again if Snyder goes.  Hell, might actually start attending games again.

My biggest hope would be somebody with such incredibly deep pockets, I mean like Scrooge McDuck swimming in the money bin type money, would buy the team and rebrand it again...correctly but would first, burn those uniforms.

Edited by RFK Lives
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

If Snyder has to sell the team, I’m gonna buy so much ****ing Commanders gear it’ll make you dizzy. 

I’ll even buy one of those awful, black Commanders helmets with the stupid W right in the front and wear it to family gatherings. I **** you not.

Funny I am having a different reaction.   I am dreaming of a new owner scrapping the new name, which is a disaster.  Nobody likes it.  Back to Football Team.  I guess I am in denial still.

• Like 1

I would get season tix if he sells for sure. Wife and I talk about it all the time, and while I want them, I wont give that son of a **** my money. 

I dont care so much about the team being bad. I still have fun. Like to drink with my homies and talk ****. I care that my money goes to such a huge ****ing loser though. 

• Like 6