Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

20 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Other interesting thing if true is Dan's desire is to give the team to his kids

16 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Is that interesting? That’s every NFL owning family for the most part. It’s a shot at a multi-generational legacy. 

I think instead of the word "interesting", I'd use words like "depressing", "maddening", "ugh", "we're stuck with this asshole and his family forever", or "are you kidding me, of course he does, so **** him and **** my life". 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

For those few still saying we don't have the "worst owner in the NFL" ... what other NFL owner inspires full-length videos like this analyzing their decades of utter failure both on the field and off? Also note ... the person who made this is not a fan of the team. When you start getting this level of effort from people who aren't even fans of your team ... you know you're dealing with some ****. 

Edited by Dissident2
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh jeez. Snyder’s son Gerry one day running this team.....that’ll be fun....😂 

i say this having met him a handful of times. Guys, we’re screwed. Might be 100 years until we see another super bowl

What’s he like? Sheehan always says he’s heard he’s a good kid

On 9/25/2020 at 12:22 PM, KDawg said:

I’m amazed at how professional organizations can be run so poorly.

I am amazed that a poster was claiming he is no worse than other owners. I mean just look at the last page of this thread, this is not happening with other teams. Then remember all the accounts of former employees saying it's the worst work environment they have ever seen. Do the other owners forbid their employees from looking them in the eye as Snyder does?  

I find it really hard to get worked up over financial squabbles between Billionaires.  We know Snyder's an ass.  I would be willing to bet good money the other 3 minority owners are also.  It kidna takes that mentality to become a billionaire.  Not all.  But a lot of them are so focused on making money they lose sight of everything else and it doesn't matter who they squash in the process.

If the minority owners are pissed at Snyder, and Snyder is pissed at them, as long as they keep their bull**** out of the team's way, I don't care.  If Snyder is forced to sell the team, that's great.  

But as long as all the ownership stuff stays away from Jason Wright and Ron Rivera, at the moment, I could give a crap about all of it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not paying the dividend could be passive aggressive behavior, but those kinds of moves also sometimes indicate financial distress. I don't know anything about anything, but from the outside I'm guessing there's a whole lot more that has yet to be reported.

Dan has a knack for courting trouble, and he sure succeeded this time.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, profusion said:

Not paying the dividend could be passive aggressive behavior, but those kinds of moves also sometimes indicate financial distress. I don't know anything about anything, but from the outside I'm guessing there's a whole lot more that has yet to be reported.

Dan has a knack for courting trouble, and he sure succeeded this time.

There are a million reasons to defer payment of dividends.  That said there are 3 people who were all friends so the “right” way to handle it is to have a ****tail, talk about it, and make sure everyone knows the reasons.  They can be happy or not about it after that, but at least it’s clear.

It sounds like the commutation didn’t happen.  

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There are a million reasons to defer payment of dividends.  That said there are 3 people who were all friends so the “right” way to handle it is to have a ****tail, talk about it, and make sure everyone knows the reasons.  They can be happy or not about it after that, but at least it’s clear.

It sounds like the commutation didn’t happen.  

It sounds like something may have ****ed up their friendship well before the dividends were due.

Just now, Califan007 said:

It sounds like something may have ****ed up their friendship well before the dividends were due.

Based on the NYT article, the order of precedence is unclear.  But it sounds like what damages the friendship was money.  So it’s possible this was the starting pistol.

But who knows and honestly who cares. 

Though Fred Smith seems like the major culprit on the name change (Using FedEx sponsorship dollars are the weapon) so I’m using UPS from now on. 

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Based on the NYT article, the order of precedence is unclear.  But it sounds like what damages the friendship was money.  So it’s possible this was the starting pistol.

But who knows and honestly who cares. 

Though Fred Smith seems like the major culprit on the name change (Using FedEx sponsorship dollars are the weapon) so I’m using UPS from now on. 

I was thinking:

- Earlier reports had the minority owners trying to sell their shares in the team last year and possibly before then. So something may have been up behind the scenes for awhile now.

- This is apparently the first time the dividend payments were delayed, so I'm assuming something spurred that--could be COVID effect on the economy and if there would even be a season this year, could be just that the team is cash-strapped, but could also be a rift that already existed between Snyder (and Tanya lol) and the minority owners, and Dan (and Tanya lol) handling that rift immaturely via delaying dividend payouts.

On 9/27/2020 at 12:04 PM, Califan007 said:

I was thinking:

- Earlier reports had the minority owners trying to sell their shares in the team last year and possibly before then. So something may have been up behind the scenes for awhile now.

- This is apparently the first time the dividend payments were delayed, so I'm assuming something spurred that--could be COVID effect on the economy and if there would even be a season this year, could be just that the team is cash-strapped, but could also be a rift that already existed between Snyder (and Tanya lol) and the minority owners, and Dan (and Tanya lol) handling that rift immaturely via delaying dividend payouts.

That’s all possible.  

EDIT: Removed bad attempt at humor.

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

21 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well, at least as a child, he was constantly running around and the nanny would get frustrated 😂 

Please tell me we’re not at the point of being critical of a child for his behavior while under the care of his nanny just because a dad is a moron.  

Just now, stoshuaj said:

Please tell me we’re not at the point of being critical of a child for his behavior while under the care of his nanny just because a dad is a moron.  

No. 

i was just explaining that he was always running around causing a lot of trouble, that wasn’t a criticism at all, heck i thought It was hilarious! 

16 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

After today we are officially a sub 500 team. Since Snyder has taken ownership the team has only had 5 winning season and no playoff wins. 20 years of this trash.

I know it doesn't feel like it, but we did win two playoff games. One in 99 vs. Lions, one in 2005 vs. Bucs. Never had an 11 win season under Snyder, though. 10 wins was tops, and that only happened thrice, the first in 99 (which I barely even give Snyder credit for) and the other two later, both of which were miraculous end of season runs. 

Edited by Dissident2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I know it doesn't feel like it, but we did win two playoff games. One in 99 vs. Lions, one in 2005 vs. Bucs. Never had an 11 win season under Snyder, though. 10 wins was tops, and that only happened thrice, the first in 99 (which I barely even give Snyder credit for) and the other two later, both of which were miraculous end of season runs. 

You're right, I forgot about the Tampa game. That's the last time I remember where I was when the team won a playoff game. The Steel Pig in Seattle with my now wife and friends. She kept trying to talk to me about stuff I care nothing about. I remember fat Lavar Arrington and Sean Taylor getting ejected for spitting.