Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Whether we want him to be or not, he's the owner, There is no such thing as "shamelessly basking on someone else's" glory when the team that you own wins. He's not some outsider who played no role in anything...he's literally the reason those other people are here to begin with. I think he even gave Rivera a game ball personally after Rivera gave game balls to others.

i am a big Rivera guy.  It's somewhat confusing to me as to how he got here.  I recall reading one story that ironically it was Fred Smith who initiated it with Rivera and started the ball rolling but not sure. 

23 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Whether we want him to be or not, he's the owner, There is no such thing as "shamelessly basking on someone else's" glory when the team that you own wins. He's not some outsider who played no role in anything...he's literally the reason those other people are here to begin with. I think he even gave Rivera a game ball personally after Rivera gave game balls to others.

He did and honestly some of our fan need to grow up.  The Redskins fan Facebook Group makes my IQ drops like hell every time I read it.  For years I wondered why friends told me they couldn’t stand things Redskin fans said and I was like I never said any of this garbage and then I found groups like that where it’s a ridiculous jerk circle where you have to agree to certain ideas or certain beliefs or you get gang attacked and ex communicated.  Honestly some of the fan base is fittingly as toxic as the team has been. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

i am a big Rivera guy.  It's somewhat confusing to me as to how he got here.  I recall reading one story that ironically it was Fred Smith who initiated it with Rivera and started the ball rolling but not sure. 

Every established coach who has come here has spoken highly of Dan during the interview phase...some of these coaches even saying that past Skins coaches encouraged them to take the job. Hell, even Schotty--who had previously just demolished Snyder as an owner during his commentator days after leaving the NFL--agreed to become head coach after meeting with the guy he just spent months lambasting lol...it's a very strange dichotomy.

Edited by Califan007

9 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

He did and honestly some of our fan need to grow up.  The Redskins fan Facebook Group makes my IQ drops like hell every time I read it.  For years I wondered why friends told me I couldn’t said things Redskin fans said and I was like I never said any of this garbage and then I found groups like that where it’s a ridiculous jerk circle where you have to agree to certain ideas or certain beliefs or you get gang attacked and ex communicated.  Honestly some of the fan base is fittingly as toxic as the team has been. 

I've only visited here and twitter in terms of interacting with Skins fans...thankfully there are something like 70,000+ members here so you get a wide variety of opinions and takes.

23 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Whether we want him to be or not, he's the owner, There is no such thing as "shamelessly basking on someone else's" glory when the team that you own wins. He's not some outsider who played no role in anything...he's literally the reason those other people are here to begin with.

Factually correct.

Half stop.

But where was this owner who is, as you correctly pointed out, “not some outsider who played no role in anything” when articles were written about the unseemly institutionally condoned misconduct of his employees over more than a decade?

Was he rushing to have his photograph taken in a threesome with Larry Michael and Alex Santos? 

Did he have a press conference and answer questions directly?

Or did he issue a hideous press release that Ron Rivera later called a PERSONAL STATEMENT— not a team statement— claiming among other things that HE was the victim in all this?

Snyder is the owner and that absolutely gives him the right to claim victory.

That doesn’t make it any less unseemly in my eyes.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

He did and honestly some of our fan need to grow up.  The Redskins fan Facebook Group makes my IQ drops like hell every time I read it.  For years I wondered why friends told me I couldn’t said things Redskin fans said and I was like I never said any of this garbage and then I found groups like that where it’s a ridiculous jerk circle where you have to agree to certain ideas or certain beliefs or you get gang attacked and ex communicated.  Honestly some of the fan base is fittingly as toxic as the team has been. 

Look, I have been in the "we may as well root for Snyder to learn how to do this job" camp for 20 years. You can check my post history and I'm clearly one of the more optimistic fans who has given the organization slack and benefit of the doubt. These latest allegations (which seem very, very likely to be true) were my last straw.

I bristle at your "grow up" comment. I'm not bashing the man for being short, a nerd, or making bad ownership mistakes. So, I don't consider it needing to grow up to shine a light on his immoral and very likely criminal activity even after the coach and team won a game. I can respect the coach working for him and the players who play for his team, but I hate that a win on the field is making it so easy for everyone to want to forget what he's done to women for 2 decades.

It's funny...for years people hated the guy for simply being a clown and bad owner. Now, we have some very credible allegations that he's acted horribly to dozens of employees and suddenly the man gets people sweeping in to defend him...simply because the timing is inconvenient with our on-field team. I'm not going to sit back and be quiet while he's still the owner. Both things can be true: the football operations could be turning a corner (we'll see, we've had these September feelings 6-7 times since 1999) AND the owner can still be worthy of being removed for sexual harassment, allowing/demanding nude videos to be created, and attempting to pimp out cheerleaders.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, TrancesWithWolves said:

Factually correct.

Half stop.

But where was this owner who is, as you correctly pointed out, “not some outsider who played no role in anything” when articles were written about the unseemly institutionally condoned misconduct of his employees over more than a decade?

Was he rushing to have his photograph taken in a threesome with Larry Michael and Alex Santos? 

Did he have a press conference and answer questions directly?

Or did he issue a hideous press release that Ron Rivera later called a PERSONAL— not a team statement— claiming among other things that HE was the victim in all this?

Snyder is the owner and that absolutely gives him the right to claim victory.

That doesn’t make it any less unseemly in my eyes.

1) He was busy writing a tone-deaf statement to release to the public.

2) Nobody associated with the team got their photo taken, nonetheless Larry and Santos. Unless you believe he orchestrated the photo with Wright and Rivera, there's no comparison to be made.

3) He didn't have a press conference now, either. Posing in a photo is in no way the equivalent of holding a press conference,

4) See #1

5) Wanna say he's unseemly, that's fine...doubt you'll get too many people arguing that point. But want to make it sound like he had no business being in the photo and only did to "shamelessly" grab some glory that he in no way deserves, that's just bull****. (and I'm not saying you said that...in all honest I don't remember who said that on the previous page lol)

Just now, Califan007 said:

1) He was busy writing a tone-deaf statement to release to the public.

2) Nobody associated with the team got their photo taken, nonetheless Larry and Santos. Unless you believe he orchestrated the photo with Wright and Rivera, there's no comparison to be made.

3) He didn't have a press conference now, either. Posing in a photo is in no way the equivalent of holding a press conference,

4) See #1

5) Wanna say he's unseemly, that's fine...doubt you'll get too many people arguing that point. But want to make it sound like he had no business being in the photo and only did to "shamelessly" grab some glory that he in no way deserves, that's just bull****. (and I'm not saying you said that...in all honest I don't remember who said that on the previous page lol)

I think we could argue the validity of our divergent opinions ad nauseum and neither of us are likely to suddenly have a moment of enlightened clarity and change our minds.

We expressed our views and we both stand firm. Sometimes that’s a good place to conclude things before endless argument becomes nothing more than an intellectual exercise in semantics.

4 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Look, I have been in the "we may as well root for Snyder to learn how to do this job" camp for 20 years. You can check my post history and I'm clearly one of the more optimistic fans who has given the organization slack and benefit of the doubt. These latest allegations (which seem very, very likely to be true) were my last straw.

I bristle at your "grow up" comment. I'm not bashing the man for being short, a nerd, or making bad ownership mistakes. So, I don't consider it needing to grow up to shine a light on his immoral and very likely criminal activity even after the coach and team won a game. I can respect the coach working for him and the players who play for his team, but I hate that a win on the field is making it so easy for everyone to want to forget what he's done to women for 2 decades.

It's funny...for years people hated the guy for simply being a clown and bad owner. Now, we have some very credible allegations that he's acted horribly to dozens of employees and suddenly the man gets people sweeping in to defend him...simply because the timing is inconvenient with our on-field team. I'm not going to sit back and be quiet while he's still the owner. Both things can be true: the football operations could be turning a corner (we'll see, we've had these September feelings 6-7 times since 1999) AND the owner can still be worthy of being removed for sexual harassment, allowing/demanding nude videos to be created, and attempting to pimp out cheerleaders.  

I’m not strictly referring to Snyder.  I mean in general. We have some extremely narrow minded completely unrealistic tool fans.  Go on that group and discuss Haskins not having a good game yesterday.  I dare you.  You’ll be promptly told to GFY in all various variations by thousands of people.  If you don’t buy into we’re going 16-0 because we won yesterday you get ripped apart.  It’s about the most irrational group I’ve ever been a part of.  That group also convinced me we have some serious racial issues among our fan base too but that’s not a discussion for here.  If this board didn’t exist and I was using groups like the one I mentioned (Which is the big redskin fan group on Facebook.) I’d think we were the stupidest fan base in the league based on the comments. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

I think we could argue the validity of our divergent opinions ad nauseum and neither of us are likely to suddenly have a moment of enlightened clarity and change our minds.

We expressed our views and we both stand firm. Sometimes that’s a good place to conclude things before endless argument becomes nothing more than an intellectual exercise in semantics.

I never get into back-and-forths on here to try and change the other person's mind. That's pretty much irrelevant to me.

I do it to convey my opinion, both on whatever the topic is and on opinions that I don't agree with, and I enjoy explaining why.

13 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I’m not strictly referring to Snyder.  I mean in general. We have some extremely narrow minded completely unrealistic tool fans.  Go on that group and discuss Haskins not having a good game yesterday.  I dare you.  You’ll be promptly told to GFY in all various variations by thousands of people.  If you don’t buy into we’re going 16-0 because we won yesterday you get ripped apart.  It’s about the most irrational group I’ve ever been a part of.  That group also convinced me we have some serious racial issues among our fan base too but that’s not a discussion for here.  If this board didn’t exist and I was using groups like the one I mentioned (Which is the big redskin fan group on Facebook.) I’d think we were the stupidest fan base in the league based on the comments. 

My apologies, I misunderstood and clearly I'm very sensitive to the latest front-office BS. But, reactionary and crazy is unfortunately the norm with a lot of fans. 

The bolded part of your post is something I've thought for a decade! If I have to hear "this year feels different" one more time accompanied by any mocking of tepid belief, I'll cry. It also seems like those same people are the ones who swear that every game boils down to a single player or play. I've heard so many times how so-and-so lost that game for us (many times a game we lost by 14 or more). It's almost like some fans are so simple, that if they can't completely blame it all on a play or player, it's too complex a thought. They seem to forget (or didn't experience) the 1980s teams overcome bad plays, etc. 

I am just going root for the team and separate Synder from the equation.

If there’s something that can be tied to Dan himself; then the team will have to deal with it.

Those expecting Dan to be gone in 21, are dreaming. Dan maybe forced to sell but it will be a drawn out process. He will not sell the team willingly. I don’t expect much from the investigation. I figure if Dan is forced to sell; it will probably be after the women affected take Dan  to court and new information comes out in the trial. This could be 2-3 years from now.

So, enjoy team. Hope Dan doesn’t **** things up.

I’ll separate Dan from my equation and enjoy the team. Whatever may or may not happen to Dan is a few years down the root. I am not getting my hopes for something that may never happen.

Edited by Rdskns2000

I respect that @Rdskns2000 and that's how I've lived most of the past decade. For me personally, it wasn't tough to do when I was just aware of the fact that he's a clown and bad sports owner. Those things weren't big enough for me to turn my back on the product somewhat. 

But the things coming out now hit pretty close and I really just can't fully invest in any aspect until he's gone. Believe me, I am happy with the coach, players, and possible new direction. Even though I believe that many of the changes were made under duress or to distract people from the stories, I actually think they have the best group running operations that they've had in quite some time. 

In my perfect world, Snyder would just lift out and be bought out by someone while the other stuff was allowed to stay. Like you said, not very likely, but I'm at a crisis of conscience here and can't help how I feel about the man. He's wronged very good people and it pisses me off. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I respect that @Rdskns2000 and that's how I've lived most of the past decade. For me personally, it wasn't tough to do when I was just aware of the fact that he's a clown and bad sports owner. Those things weren't big enough for me to turn my back on the product somewhat. 

But the things coming out now hit pretty close and I really just can't fully invest in any aspect until he's gone. Believe me, I am happy with the coach, players, and possible new direction. Even though I believe that many of the changes were made under duress or to distract people from the stories, I actually think they have the best group running operations that they've had in quite some time. 

In my perfect world, Snyder would just lift out and be bought out by someone while the other stuff was allowed to stay. Like you said, not very likely, but I'm at a crisis of conscience here and can't help how I feel about the man. He's wronged very good people and it pisses me off. 

Agreed. I got caught up in the comeback yesterday, but for the first time, I really had a hard time fully enjoying it thinking of that lying little twerp taking any pleasure in it as well. That photo was, if nothing else, incredibly blind to the optics currently surrounding this guy's ownership. All you have to do is read the comments on the tweet to grasp that. It would not surprise me at all if Snyder himself ordered that photo to be taken and posted. I can't imagine a social media "expert" worth his/her salt thinking it would be a good idea, considering everything that's happened in recent weeks/months/decades, to post a photo and comment like that right after a win, knowing the comments it would inspire. 

Just like the nude cheerleader videos ... I submit the very distinct possibility that photo and its subsequent posting was ordered by snyder. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Agreed. I got caught up in the comeback yesterday, but for the first time, I really had a hard time fully enjoying it thinking of that lying little twerp taking any pleasure in it as well. That photo was, if nothing else, incredibly blind to the optics currently surrounding this guy's ownership. All you have to do is read the comments on the tweet to grasp that. It would not surprise me at all if Snyder himself ordered that photo to be taken and posted. I can't imagine a social media "expert" worth his/her salt thinking it would be a good idea, considering everything that's happened in recent weeks/months/decades, to post a photo and comment like that right after a win, knowing the comments it would inspire. 

Just like the nude cheerleader videos ... I submit the very distinct possibility that photo and its subsequent posting was ordered by snyder. 

Great post. 

Edit: I just want the guy gone. I want someone owning the team who I can trust isn't exploiting or wronging the employees of the organization. I would really love to finally not feel gross fully supporting this team.

Edited by TD_washingtonredskins
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

My apologies, I misunderstood and clearly I'm very sensitive to the latest front-office BS. But, reactionary and crazy is unfortunately the norm with a lot of fans. 

The bolded part of your post is something I've thought for a decade! If I have to hear "this year feels different" one more time accompanied by any mocking of tepid belief, I'll cry. It also seems like those same people are the ones who swear that every game boils down to a single player or play. I've heard so many times how so-and-so lost that game for us (many times a game we lost by 14 or more). It's almost like some fans are so simple, that if they can't completely blame it all on a play or player, it's too complex a thought. They seem to forget (or didn't experience) the 1980s teams overcome bad plays, etc. 

We got some really out there fans my man.  The Facebook group today has been on the Super Bowl here we come train. Talking about playing the packers for the nfc. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Thank you for killing the internet Mr. Party Pooper 😢

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, i had completely forgotten until yesterday that Snyder had a twitter account. Looks like he still hasn’t allowed people to follow him 😂 what even was the point of getting an account then??? 

He probably only allows bootlickers to follow him. Or he didn't understand that people will tell him things he doesn't want to hear.

Interesting video on the process of removing an owner. 

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/verify/dan-snyder-news-can-nfl-owner-be-forced-to-sell-team/65-37099b6a-5901-441c-8887-5b273e4b5525

My gut feeling is that Snyder will be suspended and fined after the NFL investigation, but not removed. It won't be over at that point, though; the lawsuits regarding the videos will happen AFTER that investigation, so if more comes out through those and Snyder is tied directly to their creation, I'm assuming the NFL could revisit. I feel like they have enough to suspend the guy at this point, but with the threat of trials coming that could expose even more, it would make sense to suspend him until the outcomes of those trials are complete. 

• Like 1

I’ve seen lots of comments about the defensive coaches’ half time adjustments but not much details other than “took Apke off the island” types. Here is a tweet from Kiem that explains more of what the defensive coaches changed the coverages to limit the threats from the Eagles’ TEs. 
John Keim (@john_keim) Tweeted:
This was just one way to combat the Ertz/Goedert combo.  See Moreau down low; Collins inside help. See Bostic engage/carry Goedert with Apke over the top. Then the pressure gets home. WFT used more 3 Safety sets & nickel vs two TE looks after early issues in base. https://t.co/Xe0NIlHucI

Edited by JaxJoe

15 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/verify/dan-snyder-news-can-nfl-owner-be-forced-to-sell-team/65-37099b6a-5901-441c-8887-5b273e4b5525

My gut feeling is that Snyder will be suspended and fined after the NFL investigation, but not removed. It won't be over at that point, though; the lawsuits regarding the videos will happen AFTER that investigation, so if more comes out through those and Snyder is tied directly to their creation, I'm assuming the NFL could revisit. I feel like they have enough to suspend the guy at this point, but with the threat of trials coming that could expose even more, it would make sense to suspend him until the outcomes of those trials are complete. 

At this point I'll settle for lawyers keeping TheDan distracted and preoccupied so Ron can run the team without interference.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

I think it would be prudent for the NFL to suspend as their investigation is on-going. I understand "innocent until proven guilty" but there are two differences:

1) This isn't a court of law, so that's not a governing policy

2) This isn't one rogue ex-employee...there is a lot of smoke here so it's more credible and doesn't set a bad precedent in my opinion 

• Like 2