Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

24 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Now I'm gonna wonder which player Dan did overrule the drafting team for, this year....

Absolutely none.  Because I’d be willing to bet apart from MAYBE Dotson and obviously Howell, he didn’t know who any of the others were.

If he had interfered, they would have drafted either Willis or Howell in the second or third.  

Dan doesn’t give a crap about run stuffing DT, power RBs, late round guards and TEs.

The only thing he cares about is flash.  Nobody we got was flashy. (Which, frankly, I don’t mind)

From the date Dan hired Ron, I don’t think he’s had any direct influence on the football ops.  There hasn’t been reporting he has, and the evidence would point to him not having any real input given decisions which have been made.

The only interview I’ve heard he was a part of was Scott Turner.  And that made sense. Dan fired his dad.  The two had to get into a room and talk that out to make sure there wasn’t going to be a problem.  If somebody fired my dad and I was up for a job for that organization I’d have all the questions and want some direct answers.  

EDIT: I’m pretty sure there was some sarcasm in your post, I was really replying for the masses who will believe Dan actually did select somebody because they jump to the worst possible conclusion every time.

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree this is likely the best we can do. I am a big fan of the GM driven team, talked about it as you know to death on the old GM/Bruce thread.

But my level of confidence about Dan has gone from abysmal to that's he's beyond even abysmal -- he's a hopeless train wreck. 

I think a GM driven process is likely adulterated by Dan -- but my bigger concern is it creates a house divided and an ugly version of it with factions and misery.

Every now and then things keep getting leaked about the process before.  New one (from Keim) was the draft guys weren't going to pick Daron Payne but Bruce at the last minute said that's the guy we are taking. Was that Bruce or Dan making the call?  Either way, neither is a football guy.    Heard the story that i mentioned here that Kyle Smith was out on Derrius Guice because of character issues, but Dan loved Guice and overruled him.  I get the impression that Dan recruited Doug to back him on Guice's character.  We all know about Haskins and all the other stuff. 

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to deduce that the decision by "committee" or whomever has had the title of GM, VP or whatever -- never had full control and that building had faction after faction.

So a coach coming in and loading the building up with their people IMO is the only shot to keep Dan in his cage.  I think having people that Ron is pals with actually helps because Dan is less likely to co-opt them.  Dan has made it a sad art form to buddy up with whomever to get what he wants or at a minimum find someone in the building who will agree with him and then he goes to Kyle Smith or whomever and say "see", i am not alone on this. 

I just don’t see the difference in coach and GM. If you believe Dan is giving power to a coach you should believe in Dan giving power to a GM

41 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I just don’t see the difference in coach and GM. If you believe Dan is giving power to a coach you should believe in Dan giving power to a GM

Dan has 'given power to a GM' twice now in both Vinny and Bruce.  That worked out swell.

If your heart is set on next level, win-it-all or win nothing type stuff, it's probably for the best if you find another team to root for. 

• Like 1

I had hoped that the Sam Mills experiment as DL coach would be over. I think it's important for development of young guys on that DL. Residual effects of previous coaching has benefitted a lot of those youngsters. Get Mills out of there.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Zim489 said:

i am not sure I do believe Dan is ever giving power to anyone for long, GM or coach.  My point is more about this subplot stories where Dan is about to rally someone in that building to back him and in turn justify whatever move he's interested in making.

That's much easier for Dan to do if he's the dude that's directly buddies with name that person in the personnel dept or they feel indebted to Dan versus Ron.

My job has me working with different teams of people.  And when I am working with a team of people who are friends (which happens often) they have my back and I have theirs and we can work easier with hands on/high maintenance bosses.  Conversely when i am working on teams with split relationships, some are close to the client or hired directly by that client versus me and a few people I am close with -- and you add to that mix a high maintenance boss.  The result is often drama, where you got to pick your battles which effects the results. 

Don't know as to Ron's personality as for whether he's a pushover or not. I suspect he isn't.  Marty was given full control and from what I heard Marty didn't let Dan edge his way into making decisions.

The thing is when they've hired GM types, they weren't given full control.  Scot Mccloughan was hyped but from the jump Bruce said he had final say.

I think its easier for Dan to play divide and conquer when the coach and personnel guys aren't joined at the hip.   According to some Bruce decided to buddy up with Dan and behind the scenes became enemies with Shanny when things went south in 2013.  Cerrato and Dan versus Zorn.    You hear about it as to draft decisions and a bunch of other stuff.

Gibbs had control and things seemed smoother.  

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Dan has 'given power to a GM' twice now in both Vinny and Bruce.  That worked out swell.

If your heart is set on next level, win-it-all or win nothing type stuff, it's probably for the best if you find another team to root for. 

Yep.  The thing is those he gave full control were also his pals.  It's come out a ton over the years, Vinny himself as owned up to this -- that Vinny often just did Dan's bidding and took the arrows for it.  It's slowly coming out that Bruce to some extent did some of the same. 

Coachs have to coach and it sounds like Dan mostly leaves them alone with some exceptions.  But the "personnel guy" is the dude that Dan tends to co-opt. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, skinzplay said:

I had hoped that the Sam Mills experiment as DL coach would be over. I think it's important for development of young guys on that DL. Residual effects of previous coaching has benefitted a lot of those youngsters. Get Mills out of there.

When is Ron going to hold this guy accountable? 

Dan doesn't like giving up control for too long because he wants to have a say in the sexy Round 1pick and big name free agents. He takes control back, when things go south.

RON'S successor will be nothing more than a puppet. Jim Zorn Jr. Dan will have a puppet gm  but Dan will be making the choicesbehind the scenes.

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Dan doesn't like giving up control for too long because he wants to have a say in the sexy Round 1pick and big name free agents. He takes control back, when things go south.

RON'S successor will be nothing more than a puppet. Jim Zorn Jr. Dan will have a puppet gm  but Dan will be making the choicesbehind the scenes.

That's possible.

But it's probably a bunch of years off.  I don't think he can fire Ron.  At least not for the next 2 seasons.  After that, who knows.  

There is a better than shooting chance this team makes the playoffs this year, and plays pretty well.  And who knows, they might even get better in 2023.  

I get that there are some folks who are frustrated with different things.  There are things which frustrate me as well, purely from a football side.

I think this is a pretty big year for the team.  We'll see what happens.  I think a whole heck of a lot of it will depend on 3 players; Chase Young, Montez Sweat and obviously Carson Wentz.  If Chase and Montez bounce back, and Carson plays at a moderately high level, this could be a legitimately good team.  Not great.  But very good. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

No he didnt, he hired buddies who would be his mouthpiece.  They were just as he wanted, spineless yes men who would fall in step with him, consult him on all of their moves, and people he could call up and tell what he would like done.  They were the right hand man of a mafia boss, there wasnt a chance that they would turn down one of his requests or go against him.  Its easy to be fine with someones decision when it agrees with yours, its only giving power if you let them do things you disagree with.

8 hours ago, Peregrine said:

No he didnt, he hired buddies who would be his mouthpiece.  They were just as he wanted, spineless yes men who would fall in step with him, consult him on all of their moves, and people he could call up and tell what he would like done.  They were the right hand man of a mafia boss, there wasnt a chance that they would turn down one of his requests or go against him.  Its easy to be fine with someones decision when it agrees with yours, its only giving power if you let them do things you disagree with.

I never said they were qualified or stand up individuals.  I'm aware that they both were clowns.

My point still stands, Dan is not capable of identifying and selling a young, bright GM and subsequently giving them all the power.  It will never, ever happen.  In fact, he doesn't even want that.  The only reason he gave Rivera the power he has was out of desperation and probably more importantly - per the advice of Joe Gibbs.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

When you think about what once was, and I'm not even talking about the glorious Gibbs years, the loss is beyond my wildest imaginings.

Long before we started winning the tfka the Redskins was an integral part of the very fabric of the greater dc community (what you youngins call the DMV).

To see the shambles that it has now become is like viewing an old west ghost town once filled with life, lust, greed, and excitement now just a place where the tumbleweeds come to roam.

Thank you Mr Snyder...

https://youtu.be/OFYsYmGUuBY

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 8:29 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I never said they were qualified or stand up individuals.  I'm aware that they both were clowns.

My point still stands, Dan is not capable of identifying and selling a young, bright GM and subsequently giving them all the power.  It will never, ever happen.  In fact, he doesn't even want that.  The only reason he gave Rivera the power he has was out of desperation and probably more importantly - per the advice of Joe Gibbs.  

101% agreed. Like most authoritarians in the world, Snyder fears anyone more competent than him, so he only hires cronies and gives them titles they're not remotely qualified for. The cronies continue to kowtow to Snyder and tell him what he wants to hear (mostly that he's a football and marketing genius.) Competent people in the organization realize that their input is not heeded nor welcomed in the first place, and eventually move on to greener pastures...leaving openings for Snyder to hire more cronies who treat women in deplorable ways.

The turnover rate in Ashburn is quite high from what I understand. That's a big indication that the environment is toxic...people leave bosses, not jobs.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 9:17 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

That's possible.

But it's probably a bunch of years off.  I don't think he can fire Ron.  At least not for the next 2 seasons.  After that, who knows.  

There is a better than shooting chance this team makes the playoffs this year, and plays pretty well.  And who knows, they might even get better in 2023.  

I get that there are some folks who are frustrated with different things.  There are things which frustrate me as well, purely from a football side.

I think this is a pretty big year for the team.  We'll see what happens.  I think a whole heck of a lot of it will depend on 3 players; Chase Young, Montez Sweat and obviously Carson Wentz.  If Chase and Montez bounce back, and Carson plays at a moderately high level, this could be a legitimately good team.  Not great.  But very good. 

Whenever the Ron era ends my scenario happens.

My guess, it happens after the 23 season.

Carson busts, we go with Howell in 23. Ron will try to upgrade but won't be able to. Howell busts and Ron is gone.

Carson takes us to playoffs, it fills the heads of everyone and we disappoint with a losing season in 23; with a tougher schedule  7-10. Dan says goodbye Ron. This team Will never have back to back playoffs under Dan.

20 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

When you think about what once was, and I'm not even talking about the glorious Gibbs years, the loss is beyond my wildest imaginings.

Long before we started winning the tfka the Redskins was an integral part of the very fabric of the greater dc community (what you youngins call the DMV).

To see the shambles that it has now become is like viewing an old west ghost town once filled with life, lust, greed, and excitement now just a place where the tumbleweeds come to roam.

Thank you Mr Snyder...

https://youtu.be/OFYsYmGUuBY

Teddy is a great guy (and he can really cook!)

The numbers in that video are just so sad.

This franchise is just a shell of what it once was.  All the losing, all the turmoil, all of the shame and embarrassment….  all is due to the current owner.  

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

This franchise is just a shell of what it once was.  All the losing, all the turmoil, all of the shame and embarrassment….  all is due to the current owner.  

Ask any true Wizards fan if Leonis is a good owner.  He just looks good compared to the Turd Snyder.  Leonsis is the worst owner in the NBA.  It's not even close.  He doesn't try to win.  He's content going for the play-in.  Refuses to rebuild.  Wants 1st round playoff series just so he can get two home games.  He kept the Vinny Cerrato/Bruce Allen of the NBA (Ernie Grunfeld) in power for 16 years!!!!  Ruined Wall & Beal combo by being the cheapest owner in the NBA.  Routinely sacrificed 1st and 2nd round picks to save money and avoid the luxury tax.  Leonsis is utter crap as an owner.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Ask any true Wizards fan if Leonis is a good owner.  He just looks good compared to the Turd Snyder.  Leonsis is the worst owner in the NBA.  It's not even close.  He doesn't try to win.  He's content going for the play-in.  Refuses to rebuild.  Wants 1st round playoff series just so he can get two home games.  He kept the Vinny Cerrato/Bruce Allen of the NBA (Ernie Grunfeld) in power for 16 years!!!!  Ruined Wall & Beal combo by being the cheapest owner in the NBA.  Routinely sacrificed 1st and 2nd round picks to save money and avoid the luxury tax.  Leonsis is utter crap as an owner.

Agreed. He’s a douche and his son is another douche

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

Yeah.  I was born in '75, so I can appreciate the unfathomable decline of this organization.  I don't know that I'm aware of (and I've certainly never seen) anything in pro sports that resembles what has happened under Snyder's tenure.  When you factor in that all the new owner had to do was not screw up our reputation, and the crowd would still flood the gates every Sunday, and Snyder couldn't even do that, it's just unreal.

I'd love for some reporter to posit to Dan what he thinks his father would feel about what has happened to this team on and off the field under his watch.  He's completely destroyed the very thing he (supposedly) held most dear.

Now, Wright can say they are making progress because of the numbers, but let me tell you this: The increase in season ticket holders was entirely predictable because of the rebrand.  It is purely psychological in the vein of a fed up fan clinging to the hope that a complete rebrand is somehow a true re-start to the franchise.  This psychological ploy is being touted by the team itself.  In reality, it doesn't work that way.  

I've said before, you can slap on a new name, logo, uniform, fight song, whatever....hell, you can even build a state-of-the-art stadium, and those things will appear to work - to be a legit success with making headway with the fanbase - initially.  But it's all a novelty.  If you cannot repair the reputation of this organization off the field (which is an impossibility under Dan - and even if it were possible, it'd take over a decade of being a model citizen so-to-speak to really make legit headway with the fans) and then turn this team into a consistent winner - and a winner of championships, not these scattered division titles, which really mean next to nothing in the grand scheme of things - then that initial novelty is going to wear off quick.  

Nothing will change under Dan.  It's not possible.  The re-brand novelty will burn off quickly, as will a new stadium after a season or two.  I just don't see anything truly getting better under Dan.  Ever.  If they did, it would be equally as astounding a feat as Dan's decimation of this franchise.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Likely the same with Snyder's kids, who he will probably leave the team to when he finally croaks. His two daughters are in their 20s and his son is 19 now...can you imagine how horrible they must be, going by their father's example?

You could always have the one kid who says "**** this" and goes off in his or her own direction.

The problem here is that's the kid who will be left out of the will LOL!!!

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Likely the same with Snyder's kids, who he will probably leave the team to when he finally croaks. His two daughters are in their 20s and his son is 19 now...can you imagine how horrible they must be, going by their father's example?

Honestly, i dont think the two daughters (TOTAL smokeshows BTW ;)) even live in the area anymore. I know one of them went to NYU and i imagine still lives in NYC. 

the son….yeah, you DONT want him running the show at ANY point. I pray that doesn’t happen 

26 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

Oh goody Tanya Snyder designed the marching band uniforms!

I’m going to call it now…Championship!😂

Only one emoji can describe what the uniforms will look like: 🤮

ok fine, two emojis. Here’s the other one: 🗑

mods, is it ok to use a **** emoji on here? Because then that would be 3 :) 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why would you include the information that Tanya helped design the unis?

Anyone involved had to know that information would only be received one way. Why make the lift more difficult.

Turning into our new "zero blitz", gonna keep doing it until it works in an attempt to justify it.

The only thing keeping the band away was Covid, so nice to see them returning. Sucks they were gone this long but you can't have wind instruments when there are mask mandates.