Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

28 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

And there actually were Redskins people posting on the board back then so he wasn't wrong at all. 

it was either @TK or @Jumbo who shot down the Redskins used this board to spread lies about JLC, which was the accusation.

I don’t really remember any lies being spread.  Just a lot of folks really not liking the “unnamed sources says this unverifiable thing which will cause you to click on my story.”

And of course that idiot Larry Michael couldn’t take the goddamn high road.  Maybe he did it at the direction of Dan.  I don’t know.  And then it became a fight.

I remember eviserating Michael and JLC regularly for both of their bull****

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And the media villainizing Wentz anyway is just wild to me.  

But it’s not wild because of all the reasons you laid out.

it’s not benefit of the doubt.  It’s lack of bias.  

Almost no “news” source doesn’t have significant bias now.  And there is (for good reason) a significant bias against Dan (and by extension the Commanders)

So it’s all really exactly to form.  To me it’s not wild.  It’s predictable.

The only reason I wanted them to go after and get Watson was so when everybody piled on, you could justify the piling on. :) 

I kindof knew no matter what the media was going to pile on.  

- They paid too much for Wilson off a bad year.

- They got Rodgers who’s a wack job and 38 and they gave up too much

- Wilson-Rodgers was entirely a Dan move.  Over paying for a guy in the downside of his career.  The old Dan is back. 

- Carr isn’t good enough for 2 firsts and a player. Dan did this and it’s stupid.

- This is all marketing to try and make the best of a crap new name and brand.

- We’ve seen what happened with Wentz 

- Ryan is 38 and in the decline.  You needed to draft a guy, Dan forced the move. 

- Malik Willis is so raw, it will be years before he can play.  
- Pickett has small hands.  (Make small hand joke here)

Blah blah blah.  

Anything they did they were going to get slammed for. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But that's not only because Doofus Dan is a POS.

They do it because it always proves true and correct.

I think that Wentz has a chance to change that if RR and Turner actually run the right offense for him, but the odds aren't great considering the history of fail around anything Snyder touches whether he has anything to do with it or not.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Maybe so.  but Dan didn't all of a sudden become unpopular this year.  He's been hated for years.  Granted its been taken up a notch with the investigatons so maybe its that?  But the odd thing is arguably "meh" moves in the past using trade capital for 34 years old QBs were mostly celebrated at the time.    But this move which arguably has much more upside to it than the past celebrated moves has been slammed as idiotic.

lol, i'll get over it but I still find it a bit wild even in the context of people hating Dan. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

14 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

But that's not only because Doofus Dan is a POS.

They do it because it always proves true and correct.

I think that Wentz has a chance to change that if RR and Turner actually run the right offense for him, but the odds aren't great considering the history of fail around anything Snyder touches whether he has anything to do with it or not.

He sure is.

Its not always proven right, but if you’re a betting man, take the fail, it’s the safer bet.  

They have also had some really dumb bad luck.  Smith having what should have been a career ending injury and Fitz having what looks like an injury which ended his career.

Thats just bad luck.  

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe so.  but Dan didn't all of a sudden become unpopular this year.  He's been hated for years.  Granted its been taken up a notch with the investigatons so maybe its that?  But the odd thing is arguably "meh" moves in the past using trade capital for 34 years old QBs were mostly celebrated at the time.    But this move which arguably has much more upside to it than the past celebrated moves has been slammed as idiotic.

lol, i'll get over it but I still find it a bit wild even in the context of people hating Dan. 

The (delusional) prospect that negative attention could force Dan to sell us what has ratcheted up the hatred.  Florio going on the SB show and I believe lying through his teeth and trying to talk into existence the other owners are ready to move on from Dan doesn’t help.  

Fans and media got a word of the possibility Dan could be out and everything got ratcheted up to 10.

Id be totally down with it if I didn’t almost know there was no chance of success.  

The only thing which will cause Dan to sell is if somehow he can’t get a new stadium anywhere.  Maybe some of the negative press is helping in that effort.  However I think more likely he’ll build a new stadium at the FedEx site, and then we’re screwed because we’ll have a stadium in a crap location and Dan.  

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

A 10-7 record with a first round playoff exit as a wildcard doesnt really mean anything to me

I think they should win 9 games minimum.  No excuses.  The way our schedule looks, I think 10 should be the floor.  This is put up or shut up time for Ron and the FO.  If they can’t get to 9-10 wins minimum this year, then Ron’s not the right coach for this team.  I want to see us get at least a wildcard birth.  Ultimately I think the Eagles will win the division with 11+ wins.

He took a gamble trading for Wentz, and the media and a decent portion of the fan base (me included) think it was a desperation move.  He has to get this deal to work, or we’re in major trouble going forward.  They also have to have a good season, because this is essential a new slate, with the new name and the new (terrible) uniforms.  They can’t be the same old trash bag franchise they’ve been the last 20+ years.  They need to start winning fast in order to gain any sort of momentum for the future.

Edited by samy316
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wentz has to be the first QB in NFL history who was top 10 in QBR, 4-1 TD to INT ratio, had a winning record -- yet apparently sucks? :ols:

I get some of the critcisms leveled at him, some of it sounds fair but on the aggregate it feels clear that there is more good than bad with Wentz.  I also get the argument he's not a top 10 QB anymore. But painting him with this brush that he's terrible has to be one of the oddest narratives i can ever recall following this sport.   Yet plenty seem to believe it.

Wentz only had one "bad" year in his career, and it happened to be the season which featured the following:

* Team drafted three speedy receivers who made the active roster as rookies and didn't know what they were doing (one of whom has turned out to be one of the biggest busts in league history)...and DeSean Jackson was injured week two and pretty much missed the rest of the year...and Alshon Jeffery was out until about December. In midseason, they're featuring a guy who was cut by both the Lions and Packers and was activated off the practice squad, and a year later isn't even good enough to make a 53-man roster for any team in the entire league. That's how brutal the receivers were.

* Zach Ertz and Dallas Goedert missed significant time in the first half of the year, forcing the Eagles to use third, fourth, and fifth tight ends much of the time.

* The offensive line suffered an unprecedented streak of injuries, so much so that at one point, they only had ONE (Kelce) of their top EIGHT (y'know...the guys you mentally pencil in on your 53-man projection during training camp) linemen available. They played about three quarters of the year with about three or more backups in the starting five.

The offense was such a revolving door that it's hard to imagine anyone playing well. I'm not saying Wentz isn't to blame. He didn't play well. But I think it's understandable as to why it happened. Not to mention the issue that the team drafted a quarterback in the second round and he apparently felt threatened. I guess that factored in.

But the fact remains that Wentz has been a productive, "plus" starter at quarterback throughout his career otherwise. The narrative that he's an interception machine is laughable, as the stats don't bear that out at all. Heck, even last year his INT% was among the best in the league...in a season where he supposedly stunk! 

It's absurd.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

People are mad more about the process over the years and landing on a risk, albeit a high ceiling on because of so many factors over 3 offseason and the overall lack of realization of what this franchise really is 

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s ok, because  nobody really asked you anyway.  

:P

I know but it really honestly just circles back to exactly what DHall is saying. This team doesn’t change. It’s in this cycle of mediocre team, mediocre team, wild card/horrible division title, below average team. Every season with moves to help them win as much as they can in that singular year with little planning from one year to the next. Eventually it all comes to a head with a “bottoming out” in year 4-6 of the tenure where they win 4-5 games and they start all over. The new staff comes in says “you know what this roster is pretty good we can build on this” just to do the same thing the regimes before them did and try and win as many games as they can that season. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zim489 said:

People are mad more about the process over the years and landing on a risk, albeit a high ceiling on because of so many factors over 3 offseason and the overall lack of realization of what this franchise really is 

That's what you are mad about.  As to your perception of what happened. 

It has nothing to do with PFF thinking for example that Wentz sucks

8 hours ago, Franklin60 said:

But the fact remains that Wentz has been a productive, "plus" starter at quarterback throughout his career otherwise. The narrative that he's an interception machine is laughable, as the stats don't bear that out at all. Heck, even last year his INT% was among the best in the league...in a season where he supposedly stunk! 

It's absurd.

Yeah its big time absurd.  Like most QBs Wentz has weaknesses.  I've highlighted those myself.  I don't think Wentz is elite anymore even though he once was.  But he's certainly post 2017 mostly been in that good to very good category as to his play.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

It's been a few weeks since someone posted a "this will get Dan fired" tweet. I'm going through withdrawal. Somebody hit me up.

Yeah, TBH I blame Putin and I'm not being political. No one gives a **** about it anymore because of the consequences of the war, so nothing congressional is going to happen on that front.  And that was the only front.

So we're ****ed.

• Thumb up 1

20 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The (delusional) prospect that negative attention could force Dan to sell us what has ratcheted up the hatred.  Florio going on the SB show and I believe lying through his teeth and trying to talk into existence the other owners are ready to move on from Dan doesn’t help.  

Fans and media got a word of the possibility Dan could be out and everything got ratcheted up to 10.

Id be totally down with it if I didn’t almost know there was no chance of success.  

The only thing which will cause Dan to sell is if somehow he can’t get a new stadium anywhere.  Maybe some of the negative press is helping in that effort.  However I think more likely he’ll build a new stadium at the FedEx site, and then we’re screwed because we’ll have a stadium in a crap location and Dan.  

What a depressing post. I know you are just being “the voice of reason“ and I can’t argue with any of it. But as delusional as it may be, we need to hold out hope that he will be gone. Otherwise we should look forward to continuing to get humiliated by dweebs like JLC and whoever else gets off on trampling an already downtrodden fan base.

Not real sure where to drop this or if it’s pertinent to the topic but what the hell.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/mike-freeman/2022/05/20/worst-fan-bases-nfl-college-football-nba-mlb/9796993002/

It's difficult to categorize the worst fan bases. It's like ranking David Spade movies……”

**without giving too much of the article away:

NE earns a well deserved trifecta

Dallas fan caveat should read:  Dallas fans that DON’T live in Dallas.  Exhibit A - DC “Dallas fans” that can’t find Dallas on a map

3 NFCE fan bases get roasted.  Guess who does not.

Duke/Carolina basketball fan that wouldn’t be allowed to set foot on campus not being on the list is an egregious oversight

Edited by stoshuaj