Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

FWIW, Her Majesty On High Queen Tanya Snyder actually used to be a fashion model, and I thought I heard somewhere she did some fashion design.

So maybe she can't do anything else but design marching band uniforms? Maybe this is her calling? Gee, I hope so....  

FWIW, I think they're going to look terrible.  Because very few marching band uniforms look anything BUT terrible.  The old Marching Band uniforms were terrible.  It's kindof like a thing, marching band uniforms are uniformly ugly, which is part of their charm.

I would not have included her involvement.  People have now already decided they hate the uniforms before they've seen them.  Then, when they do see them, and they are ugly (because again, they will be because they all are), there will be more unnecessary backlash.  

13 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Only one emoji can describe what the uniforms will look like: 🤮

ok fine, two emojis. Here’s the other one: 🗑

mods, is it ok to use a **** emoji on here? Because then that would be 3 :) 

Ease down mate.

Such kind of speaking will get you fired 🤣

• Haha 1

It's no surprised. It's not must-watch on Sundays if you have something else worth doing. Even if they are playing well, it's hard to spend money that will get to ownership. Its been about 10 years since I dropped by season tickets. So, that's thousands saved with no regrets. A lot of us want them to do well and win games. But you can still smell the rot from the Snyders.

3 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Washington hasn’t given something fans to root for in 30 years.  My guess that 29% dwindles to under 10% in 10 years.

Considering all we've been through with Snyder, I would even say that 29% is a good result.

I would have suspected way lower than that.

• Like 1

This team could shock the world this year and win the Superbowl and it wouldn't change the downward trajectory. 

Heck, the Superbowl would have higher ratings; in the city , whose team we beat.

Snyder's incompetence and general sleazyness is affecting the team financially; to the point where it's impacting the type of team we can field. You are going to see us not be able to resign impact players. Heck, it may happen this year.

Nothing but downhill for this team, as long as  Dan owns the team.

5 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

This team could shock the world this year and win the Superbowl and it wouldn't change the downward trajectory. 

Heck, the Superbowl would have higher ratings; in the city , whose team we beat.

Snyder's incompetence and general sleazyness is affecting the team financially; to the point where it's impacting the type of team we can field. You are going to see us not be able to resign impact players. Heck, it may happen this year.

Nothing but downhill for this team, as long as  Dan owns the team.

If this team goes to the Super Bowl, fans are coming back in droves and nothing will convince me otherwise.

While the apathy is a little worse now, these same things were said in 2011 after the zorn years and two straight years of shanny giving us grossman and beck. 2012 Dallas game with division on the line a year later and that place was ROCKING.

And this team is worlds better than that 2012 team from a personnel standpoint. We just got lucky with griffin catching lightening in a bottle. Now, whether or not we actually play up to our talent level I have no idea. I certainly wouldn’t bet on it. But I just disagree that fans wouldn’t come back if all of a sudden we found ourselves in the super bowl.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

7 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

If this team goes to the Super Bowl, fans are coming back in droves and nothing will convince me otherwise.

While the apathy is a little worse now, these same things were said in 2011 after the zorn years and two straight years of shanny giving us grossman and beck. 2012 Dallas game with division on the line a year later and that place was ROCKING.

And this team is worlds better than that 2012 team from a personnel standpoint. We just got lucky with griffin catching lightening in a bottle. Now, whether or not we actually play up to our talent level I have no idea. I certainly wouldn’t bet on it. But I just disagree that fans wouldn’t come back if all of a sudden we found ourselves in the super bowl.

We will disagree. Dan's reached the point of no return with many fans and not even a Superbowl this yea r would change that.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

We will disagree. Dan's reached the point of no return with many fans and not even a Superbowl this yea r would change that.

Frankly, that would be really stupid to stay away from a winning franchise because of a grudge with the owner.  But to each their own.  

All the owners are scumbags. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Frankly, that would be really stupid to stay away from a winning franchise because of a grudge with the owner.  But to each their own.  

All the owners are scumbags. 

I don’t know if I’d go that far to say that winning a Super Bowl still wouldn’t bring fans back, but I think that we would need SEVERAL winning seasons in a row to turn the apathy around.  If we were to win 12 games or more this year, and win a playoff game, that wouldn’t do the trick.  Fans that are either teetering on the edge or fully disinterested in this team would need to see 2-3 seasons a row of 11+ wins and playoff wins in order to start caring again.

19 minutes ago, samy316 said:

I don’t know if I’d go that far to say that winning a Super Bowl still wouldn’t bring fans back, but I think that we would need SEVERAL winning seasons in a row to turn the apathy around.  If we were to win 12 games or more this year, and win a playoff game, that wouldn’t do the trick.  Fans that are either teetering on the edge or fully disinterested in this team would need to see 2-3 seasons a row of 11+ wins and playoff wins in order to start caring again.

Look, there are fans who are never coming back.  For whatever reason, they are out.

The goal isn’t to get those fans back.

Its to attract a new generation of fans.  It’s going to take time.  One season isn’t going to do it, you’re right.  

The other thing it’s going to take is star power.  There need to be a few true stars on the team which fans gravitate to.  They could be Young and McLaurin.  But there needs to be a few players which really drove interest.

When they moved here in 2005, the Nats had NO fans.  Because they had never existed.  By the playoff run in 2012 they were selling out the ballpark and had Strassburg, Harper and Zimmerman as stars.  It built the fan base from nothing to a pretty good one.  

It can happen, but it will take time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Looks like fired Raiders president is accusing Mark Davis of ignoring a hostile work environment and says he was fired for notifying the nfl.

All owners are scumbags.  

The hatred of Snyder is amplified because of 2 things:

1. more coverage of the scumbaggery than just about any owner.

2. A lot of losing, with the owner in the middle making some stupid personnel decisions. 

Irsay might be just as big a scumbag.  I think there is a chance the next 10-15 years for the Colts might turn south in a hurry and he might be exposed as a complete scumbag loser.  

Marc Davis is a scumbag.  So was his father.  

Jerry is a scumbag.  You think there is a single woman employee in Dallas who hasn’t had her ass patted by Jerry? 

They’re all jackasses.  

Dan just had found a way to hire terrible people and lose a lot, in addition to the normal douchbaggery.  Which makes him somewhat special.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CommanderCarson said:

And this team is worlds better than that 2012 team from a personnel standpoint. We just got lucky with griffin catching lightening in a bottle

I know I had more hope in the 2012 team than I do this team. The average fan is catching up to that fact too. Until theres a legit top QB in the franchise the excitement of this team will be tempered. 

22 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

All owners are scumbags.  

The hatred of Snyder is amplified because of 2 things:

1. more coverage of the scumbaggery than just about any owner.

2. A lot of losing, with the owner in the middle making some stupid personnel decisions. 

Hatred of Dan IMO is 100% deserved. The impression I get is most of these owners have flaws but Dan has the greatest hits of all of these flaws.  For example Jerry Jones likes to interfere like Dan but if you run into him on the street he doesn't act aloof and superior to whomever he's talking to where you got to call him Mr. Jones.    Ditto someone like Kraft.  Guys like Arthur Blank supposedly are super nice guys for the most part.    I don't get the impression that the owners have such a vast series of flaws like Dan does.  And i think there are reasons for why Dan is supposedly is mostly hated among fellow owners and that narrative existed way before all the sexual harassment suits. 

Dan in short is both very unlikeable and very incompetent.  He majors in both. 

A.  Supposedly he's a scumbag, mega jerk to most of his employees both with the Commanders and even outside of the Commanders.  

B.  Doesn't have the guts to face the music.  Jerry Jones can stand up for his decisions, Dan doesn't.  Dan's game is to do his dirty work in the shadows and in court with his expensive lawyers.

C.  Some owners are willing to splash the cash for state of the art stuff -- pay their scouting staffs big money, add top equipment, etc -- that's not Dan's thing.  Usually, new coaches have to prod him to spend a little money.  Among other things, it was funny to listen to Shanny describe his conversation with Dan that other cafeterias in the NFL aren't just serving cheap junk food like he is but they care about their players diets and serve good quality food. 

I'll give Dan that he tends to listen eventually but he also seems to be behind the curve on almost everything.  For an owner who is one of the youngest, he might be the most old school, out of the times dude among the owners -- him supposedly not even having an email address and being somewhat of a technophobe as some describe him seems to fit his image perfectly.

D.  Most owners have friends in the business and political communtiy. Not the case with him and it seems to be effecting the stadium search.  

E.  He still interferes with personnel decisions, stories continue to surface on that front.

F.  His battles with people show his nuttiness and sleaziness.  If someone is leaving the team that they don't like, expect the nasty story leak.  Suing the media.  Suing season ticket holders.  The story about him trying to stiff Bruce for the remaining contract - the fact that of all things he was obsessed with getting a congratulations text from Bruce as part of the settlement -- sums up to me his wild immaturity.

G.  It's not like all owners hate each other.  But there seems to be a consensus where most owners supposedly hate Dan.  

H.  He's the one owner known especially for being a jock sniffer.  He wants to be buddies with them and hang.   that's not the narrative about most owners.  Good luck finding a video of Lurrie going bowling with Jalen Hurts or pictures of him hanging in Vegas with name that player.

As for him being the victim of his own hires.  I agree but that exposes his flaws not those of his hires.  He clearly doesn't think much of the idea of hiring top scout types to run his team.  That's never been his ammo.   If he thinks he himself can scout dudes like Malcom Kelley why should he care about what some top scout thinks?

Bruce and Vinny were already to some extent punchlines when they were hired.  But Dan loved the Redskins connection with Bruce and buddied up fast with Vinny.   This team is more about being a social club to him than anything else.   And when people like me, @BatteredFanSyndrome, @goskins10 and plenty of others can see it a mile away in real time and talked about it for years on the Bruce/GM thread that the way they are running this team, they are like the titanic going straight into the iceberg -- it wasn't that hard to see at all IMO -- Dan should have the acumen to see it, too.  It was plain as day.

IMO the Vinny era was incompetence, some sleaze but plenty of splash to keep the fans intrigued.  As for Bruce, as I said then and believe it even more now it was the perfect marriage in hell with Dan to sink this franchise.  The W-L record was worse than it was with Vinny yet the arrogance and sleaze was taken up a couple of pegs and the splash was replaced by being very boring on that front.  A boring team yet are oddly arrogant about it and the sleaze hit new levels so what a shocker that the ship hit the iceberg.   

With Vinny the team was over the top splashy like the 1980s NY Yankees but without any results just like those Yankee teams -- but those Yankee teams weren't boring.   Vinny was a train wreck but I'll give him and Dan that they understood how to keep the fans engaged a little back then,  To me Bruce's legacy is turning this a team from a mega relevant franchise to one of the more irrelevant ones. 

So I am with the majority of fans (judging by talk radio and twitter polls) who think that Bruce's legacy is much worse than Cerrato's.  There have even been segments on the national media about who cares about the Washington team, hence we don't talk about them much.  We are now Jacksonville level of being bottom feeders as for fan interest and we are no longer a team the NFL cares to feature much in prime spots.    That's the Bruce-Dan legacy but of course to me that's 100% on Dan.  Dan is the boss.  He makes the hires, he sets the culture.   Bruce and Vinny are the creatures of his culture - they lasted so long because they knew how to play ball with Dan and fit Dan's vision. 

Both regimes were comically bad for different reasons.  And Dan was/is the lead clown of the circus.  And this level of stupidity really knows no bounds IMO because both cases of having terribly run regimes that turned off fans weren't hard at all to map out in real time as for the damage being done.  Yet Dan let it play out right through the iceberg hit. 

My take on that is either Dan is very stupid or he himself was the orchestrator of much of that stupidity during both regimes and Vinny and Bruce were basically his fall guys.  With Vinny its pretty clear he was mostly Dan's fall guy.  As for Bruce, seems like the narrative right now is more mixed but there is certainly plenty of narrative that Dan had his stamp on the Bruce regime, too.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My take on that is either Dan is very stupid or he himself was the orchestrator of much of that stupidity during both regimes and Vinny and Bruce were basically his fall guys.  With Vinny its pretty clear he was mostly Dan's fall guy.  As for Bruce, seems like the narrative right now is more mixed but there is certainly plenty of narrative that Dan had his stamp on the Bruce regime, too.

Its both. Hes stupid and arrogant. You can be one or the other and have success. You cant be both. The crazy thing to me in all of this is that it takes just one singular 1-2 week time period where everything could turn around. Do a GM search the right way and everything changes but Dan simply wont do it. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Zim489 said:

Its both. Hes stupid and arrogant. You can be one or the other and have success. You cant be both. The crazy thing to me in all of this is that it takes just one singular 1-2 week time period where everything could turn around. Do a GM search the right way and everything changes but Dan simply wont do it. 

I agree.  I argued with a GM centric model to death on the Bruce/GM thread.  I believed in it then, I still do.  But I don't believe Dan will ever value it. And here I think it gets tainted so I am ok with a coach centric model unless Dan agrees to stay out of making the soup with a more GM centric method. 

Maybe Dan needs to hit a new level of rock bottom?  But he's a dense dude. 

We can make fun of owners like Irsay but he at least gets this basic principle.  Ballard had major pedigree when he was hired.  Even Jerry from what i've read, he has learned to back off and trust Will McClay who is one of the best of the business.   

Dan is losing market share for years to the Ravens who are known to have a stacked FO, yet somehow it escapes him as for what has gone wrong here?  And we get stories about how top personnel types including scouts don't like to come here because they don't pay here like other organizations do for scouting chops.

Too bad Dan doesn't have the guts to take a public question and answer for anything he's done.  If he were, I'd just ask him this:  seems like the consensus is to hire a top personnel guy with a big reputation in the league and stay out of their way and let them run the team.  Why haven't you done that?  What makes you think that your way is smarter than the rest of the league?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I agree.  I argued with a GM centric model to death on the Bruce/GM thread.  I believed in it then, I still do.  But I don't believe Dan will ever value it. And here I think it gets tainted so I am ok with a coach centric model unless Dan agrees to stay out of making the soup with a more GM centric method. 

I think he values the Coach centric model because he can "sell" it. You see that guy on the sidelines every week. You cant do the same with a GM but I think hes utterly detached at how much the fan base would love the GM approach. Dan has always been exceedingly cheap on things that get zero immediate ROI on. He can get an ROI on players because he can sell the jersey but its completely over his head that if you have the greatest scouting staff and support staff once you acquire the players you can have more of those players to sell jerseys. Its part of the reason that the team has had one of the worst weight rooms and scouting staffs in the league. Hell I remember an interview from Jay in like 2016 at the combine saying "we just got film on individual players this past season" Like we had to scout players watching game tape of the whole game and then had to figure out if the guy they wanted to watch was on the actual field. 

The league is a cesspit. That’s fairly obvious. Dan won’t be the outlier amongst the other owners. Doesn’t make him a nice guy or the situation anymore acceptable but the vast majority will be cut from the same cloth. 

Edited by Est.1974

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe Dan needs to hit a new level of rock bottom?  But he's a dense dude. 

We can make fun of owners like Irsay but he at least gets this basic principle.  Ballard had major pedigree when he was hired.  Even Jerry for his faults from what i've read and learned to back off and trust Will McClay who is one of the best of the business.   

Dan is losing market share for years to the Ravens who are known to have a stacked FO, yet somehow it escapes him as for has gone wrong here?  And we get stories about how top personnel types including scouts don't like to come here because they don't pay here like other organizations do for scouting chops.

Too bad Dan doesn't have the gutst o take a question and answer for anything he's done.  If he were, I'd just ask him this:  seems like the consensus is to hire a top personnel guy with a big reputation in the league and stay out of their way and let them run the team.  Why haven't you done that?  What makes you think that your way is smarter than the rest of the league?

What do you mean? Remember 2 years ago? Dan told us what has gone wrong. He hasn't been involved enough. So there was stuff going on that he didn't know about. Well no more, now he's going to be more involved (well that was just before Tanya was appointed, but later he will be more involved after he divorces and fires her for ruining his childhood favorite team). 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Too bad Dan doesn't have the gutst o take a question and answer for anything he's done.  If he were, I'd just ask him this:  seems like the consensus is to hire a top personnel guy with a big reputation in the league and stay out of their way and let them run the team.  Why haven't you done that?  What makes you think that your way is smarter than the rest of the league?

I agree with that, but how any of those top brass FO guys are willing to come here with the reputation Dan and the team have?

Most likely underpaid, poor facilities, poor work environment, lots of not football related noise surrounding the team.

And the owner has a reputation of meddling with the picks during the draft. I would bet those guys would not allow that in any way.

So, even if he did try it, chances of success would probably be close to null. Everything about this team screams to stay away from this team.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zim489 said:

I know I had more hope in the 2012 team than I do this team. The average fan is catching up to that fact too. Until theres a legit top QB in the franchise the excitement of this team will be tempered. 

That 2012 was magical. After 12 years of misery; you really felt that finally we had arrived. That 2012 season was going be start of us finally becoming a competitive team. Regular playoffs and maybe a SuperBowl. Of course, that came crashing down in Seattle.

I don’t get feeling now; even if this team in some aspects is better than that team.

We have a big question at QB. Will Carson revive his career and become a franchise QB that his earlier career showed promise for? Will he show he’s a bust, that his last 2 years and 2 teams leads you to believe?

Also, I don’t visions of being a consistent contender and dreaming about SuperBowls with this team. If we have a good season; fully expect a non playoff season in 23.