Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

What authority does Congress give? Can they have the FBI investigate with subpoena power? Think it all comes down to what happened on the plane with the 1.6 million settlement. I feel like everyone important knows what happened and many in the media know. News people, WaPo, NYT. Everyone important knows. The word is out there in the public in the background. But you cant get anything concrete on it to make it public. 

7 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

What authority does Congress give? Can they have the FBI investigate with subpoena power? Think it all comes down to what happened on the plane with the 1.6 million settlement. I feel like everyone important knows what happened and many in the media know. News people, WaPo, NYT. Everyone important knows. The word is out there in the public in the background. But you cant get anything concrete on it to make it public. 

Congress does have some investigative power on its own, but the DOJ is in the executive branch so they don't have the FBI and I doubt DOJ would take this up on their own.

This is going to be superficial.  What you see is what there is in terms of authority.

1 hour ago, tshile said:

well. Look. His job is to polish the turds that come out of snyder. 

if you want to have the “no one with ethics/morals/good at their profession would work for a piece of garbage” take then that’s fine. And on some level I agree. It’s a very subjective thing, I wouldn’t bother even arguing it. I would just add that there are only 32 nfl teams in the whole world - so if you wanted to do what you do, for an nfl team, you’re kinda stuck taking the offer you get. Cause there’s only 31 other possible offers that could exist anyways…

but once you get past that…

the guy had no decision making on anything related to the actual team

i doubt he has much decision making on anything his side of the house does. 

he’s basically mr Smithers. Except I actually think he’s a bright guy, trying hard to do his best. It’s just… garbage in garbage out, right? If what snyder gives you to work with is garbage, than the best he can give us is garbage he tried to make look nice

He was brought in to clean up the toxic workplace culture and establish some standards that would keep this from happening again. That was priority #1. I can't speak on how well he's done his duties in that arena (doubt any of us can besides maybe some of the mods)...only the employees can. I had heard progress reports were issued at certain times to keep track of how that area is doing, but not sure how true that is or anything. But that goes beyond beefing up the HR department or firing perpetrators (who I think were already gone by the time Wright came on board). I would love some sort of investigative piece detailing what changes have taken place and whether or not the employees notice a difference for the better. But I highly doubt too many media outlets would want to publish a piece that makes it look like they're excusing past behavior or exonerating Snyder in any way, so an article like that isn't likely to get pitched to too many editors lol...

The other stuff he's been given--name rebrand, fan experience--are at best hit and miss. Then again, all three of those simultaneously is a lot to handle for a multi-billion dollar enterprise. Add on getting tweeted at daily by fans calling him a liar and a yes-man and wanting to start hashtag movements to #firejasonwright doesn't make it any easier, either (or necessarily any harder, though).

• Like 1

Can you imagine how damning that actual report is, considering the lengths they've went to cover all this up?

Some would say this is par for the course CYA by the league and Dan, but all this just seems like there's much worse that we don't even know about yet, and to make matters worse the league cut a deal with Snyder to give him the additional power he wanted in exchange for overhauling the organization.

• Like 5

I don't get it Congress is ordering Goodell to release the documents and in the mean time Espn is claiming that it won't be possible unless dany boy grants permission ! Let's go to court !

Edited by FrFan

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Can you imagine how damning that actual report is, considering the lengths they've went to cover all this up?

Some would say this is par for the course CYA by the league and Dan, but all this just seems like there's much worse that we don't even know about yet, and to make matters worse the league cut a deal with Snyder to give him the additional power he wanted in exchange for overhauling the organization.

Exactly. The NFL must hate the continuous negative publicity and each new revelation that comes out and keeps the story running. So let's all stop and pause and think about how bad things really must be, that the NFL chooses to pretend it has no idea what's going on and has put Dan on the naughty step for a few weeks.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The article also said this:

"The House Committee for Oversight and Reform also released a second document Friday that shows how the team requested a "written investigation" from Beth Wilkinson's law firm..."

Goodell ended up saying there would be no written report....if even the team wanted a written report, why would Goodell shoot down that idea?

13 minutes ago, FrFan said:

I don't get it Congress is ordering Goodell to release the documents and in the mean time Espn is claiming that it won't be possible unless dany boy grants permission ! Let's go to court !

Depends on what power Congress has in this matter. Even the Congressional committee members couldn't agree on that.

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

The article also said this:

"The House Committee for Oversight and Reform also released a second document Friday that shows how the team requested a "written investigation" from Beth Wilkinson's law firm..."

Goodell ended up saying there would be no written report....if even the team wanted a written report, why would Goodell shoot down that idea?

It's all seemingly unravelling, but we all know what's going to happen. Snyder and Goodell will get called in front of Congress, and not say anything of any real use, and that'll be it.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Would we still be the Redskins if Dan wasnt the owner?

Likely would have changed sooner. He held out until advertising started to push back and make it clear either the name changes or they stop advertising with the team. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Ideally they go after the NFL's tax exemption.

Realistically... the same as last time they imposed a deadline... not a thing.

Probably, but with Flores accusations, Grudens' trial, NFL could be forced to come out clean and move away from some owners. So some may get outsed with others. Separately, they wouldn't bulge. But all those things together can be tough to handle.

And those media seems to really like what Tiffani Johnston said. They're going heavy on it so we just never know what might happen next.

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Cause Goodell is the owners lapdog and wants to control everything getting out as much as possible.  

There has to be a written report, somewhere.  I mean, what the ****?  What'd her law firm do, commit everything to memory?  

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'd take any name in exchange for Dan's forced sale of the team.

They could literally call us the Washington Rehabiliated Racists and wear those corny white uniforms and I'd take it if it mean no more Dan.

Not for nothing but with that name i doubt we'd have any white uniforms.  lol

I heard once and it totally makes sense that inside all that information (including the emails Roger handpicked to oust his critic Chucky), there might be emails of many owners colluding on keeping Colin K from getting a job again.   That would def make heads roll in the good ole billionaire boys club which is warranted and needed as times have changed and they haven't.  Reminds me of the Duke brothers from Trading Places who's ousting was good for all involved.