Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

6 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

This is what I don't understand. If Ron's time here is so limited and he's on the hot seat, then why is he so involved in such a fundamental decision as the name of the team? I don't know his level of involvement but I find it hard to believe that he's even close to getting fired unless things completely collapse. I think I could easily see him moving to a Mike Holmgren type role where he's the team President and appoints JDR or some hot shot as his coach and moves on from there. 

What I wonder about is the changes in the coaching staff going forward. Steve Wilks did his secondary in Carolina. Could we have a situation like we did under Gibbs where JDR is given some Assistant Head Coach in charge of Defense, and Wilks is given the title of Defensive Coordinator? Another name that's out there is Jim Tomsula who guys like Jon Allen loved working under. I'm not sure about his connections to JDR or Ron, but he is a highly respected DL Coach so I wonder if he could be an option given how badly our DL performed last year.

Tomsula seems like a bit of a cancer. Almost a coach version of Brad Beal where he needed stipulations to stay from year to year like keeping Manusky around. He’s also a 3-4 coach anyway

46 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

This is what I don't understand. If Ron's time here is so limited and he's on the hot seat, then why is he so involved in such a fundamental decision as the name of the team? I don't know his level of involvement but I find it hard to believe that he's even close to getting fired unless things completely collapse. I think I could easily see him moving to a Mike Holmgren type role where he's the team President and appoints JDR or some hot shot as his coach and moves on from there. 

What I wonder about is the changes in the coaching staff going forward. Steve Wilks did his secondary in Carolina. Could we have a situation like we did under Gibbs where JDR is given some Assistant Head Coach in charge of Defense, and Wilks is given the title of Defensive Coordinator? Another name that's out there is Jim Tomsula who guys like Jon Allen loved working under. I'm not sure about his connections to JDR or Ron, but he is a highly respected DL Coach so I wonder if he could be an option given how badly our DL performed last year.

I didn’t say Ron was being fired.

I said that once the Rivera era ends, however that happens; Dan will assert full control again. He will undo all the changes made by Rivera. Ron will not be moved up to front office. Once his coaching days are done; his ties to the Commanders will be severed. His gm

crew will be dismissed except maybe Mayhew.

Dan said he plans to be more involved and I take him at his word. Dan will find his new lackey. Could be Mayhew or he will find someone else.

This is the natural Dan pattern. When he gives more control to someone; this next move is him taking that control back and him having more of role.

33 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Good, I hope they shine a huge light on everything and find something very damning 

Nothing will come it. Dan and the nfl will stall things until the Congress switches hands; as they know the new Congress will drop this.

3 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Nothing will come it. Dan and the nfl will stall things until the Congress switches hands; as they know the new Congress will drop this.

It'll be interested to watch numbers as it'll be on youtube streaming and some other online place.

At some point, it wouldn't matters much if the congress drop this case or not in the future as it could lead to serious noise from everywhere.

Congress didn't do anything and we still had to change the team name. And it all come from something that was not football related. So you just never know if some sponsor could go "I'm not gonna sold "insert new stupid team name here that is not fan approved" merch until this change"...

The simple fact that this will be public could be bad for this team, and probably will as it'll also completly **** up their new name launch... It may end up with them launching the brand on 2.2.22 then the publicity of this roundtable punting them out to Mars...

Dan has been living on the edge (not related to Aerosmith) for so long, that at some point, he'll fall from the cliff.

Edited by Wildbunny
  • Like 1

I wonder and hope that while the Congressional inquiry may not bring much if anything new to light, maybe the verbalizing of what happened will compel some sponsors, who support the league as a whole threaten, to pull their dollars. It worked for the name change at the franchise level...

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What exactly happens during a round table? Will it be live streamed? Thought i saw Something about that 

Everyone is given a chance to talk.

That's pretty much it lol. There's no investigation occurring and nobody is put under oath or anything like that. Ex-employees can say all the stuff they had to endure while with the team. Team reps can say all the changes they've made over the past 2 years. Congress members can talk about the importance of a workplace where people feel safe and protected. The NFL can talk about all the stuff they have done to show that they take this issue seriously. Half of the people I mentioned may not even be taking part in it for all I know. I don't think roundtables have anything like subpoenas to force people to show up. If we're lucky an actual investigation and hearing will result that could lead to real change and not just surface change.

Plus, the topic should really be about how the NFL handled this issue and others like it more so than just dealing with the WFT. I fear, though, that little more will result from this other than additional bad press.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

That's pretty much it lol. There's no investigation occurring and nobody is put under oath or anything like that. Ex-employees can say all the stuff they had to endure while with the team. Team reps can say all the changes they've made over the past 2 years. Congress members can talk about the importance of a workplace where people feel safe and protected. The NFL can talk about all the stuff they have done to show that they take this issue seriously. Half of the people I mentioned may not even be taking part in it for all I know. I don't think roundtables have anything like subpoenas to force people to show up. If we're lucky an actual investigation and hearing will result that could lead to real change and not just surface change.

Plus, the topic should really be about how the NFL handled this issue and others like it more so than just dealing with the WFT. I fear, though, that little more will result from this other than additional bad press.

They also dance whenever they're able.

And, between quests, they sequin vests and impersonate Clark Gable. 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, Califan007 said:

The NFL owners and Roger Goodell want this story to go away... Powerful people tend to get what they want. 

53 minutes ago, shemp nixon said:

The NFL owners and Roger Goodell want this story to go away... Powerful people tend to get what they want. 

Until some more powerful people chime in, and the chairperson is a woman. I might be wrong but I still got my hopes up about this. The NFL have made anything possible to hide the truth in order to protect danny boy they can't escape this.

If Ron were to find some success this year and move to the front office next year I will say it now...

If he goes through this cycle unhired I want Ron to hire Eric Bienemy to be the next HC. 

Keep Ron, get Bienemy... and now have a prolific offensive play caller that can give us leads with a good QB and Del Rio then also looks a ton better.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If Ron were to find some success this year and move to the front office next year I will say it now...

If he goes through this cycle unhired I want Ron to hire Eric Bienemy to be the next HC. 

Keep Ron, get Bienemy... and now have a prolific offensive play caller that can give us leads with a good QB and Del Rio then also looks a ton better.

Why? There are reasons Bienemy isn’t getting interviews. The guy is not coming here with his rap sheet off the field

If the HC spot were to open up next season, I think KOC is the best this team can do