Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

5 minutes ago, method man said:

Why? There are reasons Bienemy isn’t getting interviews. The guy is not coming here with his rap sheet off the field

If the HC spot were to open up next season, I think KOC is the best this team can do

What's his rap sheet? Educate me. 

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It's been 2 decades since there's been even an inkling of anything with him, seems more like excuses not to hire a guy.

4 minutes ago, method man said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Bieniemy

You can argue that much of this stuff was a long time ago but NFL head coaches typically don’t have a history of legal issues

This is lame. 

As a player at Colorado, Bieniemy was arrested along with a teammate following a February 1988 bar fight.[12] He pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct and fighting in public, and was sentenced to community service.[12] He also received discipline from head coach Bill McCartney.[12]

In 1989, Bieniemy was ticketed in Westminster, Colorado for driving a defective vehicle, and in Aurora, Colorado for speeding. In October 1990, Bieniemy's license was suspended for a year after another traffic violation. On March 21, 1991, Bieniemy was caught speeding and driving with suspended license on I-70 near Rifle, Colorado, going 92 mph in a 65 mph zone. On April 17, 1991, Bieniemy failed to appear in court on charges relating to the March 21 incident. A bench warrant was issued in Colorado for his arrest on April 23, 1991, two days after he was drafted in the 1991 NFL Draft.[13]

On July 4, 1990, Bieniemy pleaded no contest to interfering with a firefighter who had been performing his duties to extinguish a fire in Bieniemy's mother's garage.[13] Bieniemy received an eight-month suspended sentence[14] and was suspended for one game.[15] Bieniemy was instructed to do 40 hours of community service and attend an eight-hour firefighting training session.[13] An assistant city attorney said Bieniemy failed to attend the firefighting training session as stipulated in the plea agreement, but Bieniemy asserted the session was optional.[13]

On September 27, 1993, Bieniemy was arrested in Boulder, Colorado, for allegedly harassing a female parking attendant. According to the police report, while with his friends, Bieniemy put his hand on the attendant's neck, startling her. She told police he also made a comment about "a bunch of black males all at once being her worst nightmare,"[14] and that Bieniemy and his friends took off their pants and began urinating nearby. Bieniemy was also named in an outstanding warrant on a charge of driving with a suspended license. As a result of this incident, Bieniemy was banned from the University of Colorado Boulder campus for one year.[7][16]

In April 2001, Bieniemy was arrested for driving under the influence and was docked a month's pay.[17]

Two incidents stand out: 1993 and 2001. 

1993 is horrendous if accurate. 2001 is stupid decision making and a pox mark on him.

21 years ago. People change. I believe in that. Maybe not a murderer who kills for fun, but that isn't Bienemy. As BFS said above, more excuses not to hire a more than qualified individual. Sad, really. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It's been 2 decades since there's been even an inkling of anything with him, seems more like excuses not to hire a guy.

The guy is also a former runnings back coach who is not the playcaller. You also don’t see runnings back coaches getting HC jobs. 

1 minute ago, method man said:

The guy is also a former runnings back coach who is not the playcaller. You also don’t see runnings back coaches getting HC jobs. 

He IS the play caller. Andy Reid said it in a presser the other day. More excuses.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I haven't dived into Bieniemy much.  I have read about his off field stuff.  I did read a couple of insiders say they heard he didn't interview well but a number of reporters got huffy in response to that.  I noticed Mike Silver is a big fan of him among others. 

As for Reid's playcallers, Nagy, Pederson, Shurmur among others -- some say were good playcallers but not the best HC.  Pederson though did win a SB

I do think there might be something to him not getting any interviews this year, what that is, I don't know but he was at least in the running before but ended up not hired, now he's not even in the running which strikes me odd. 

But otherwise I don't really have a strong opinion in Bieniemy one way or another.  I have soured though some on play calling chops as for HCs.  I 've become big on leadership/culture builder.  And I don't know Bieniemy's chops one way or another on that front.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, shemp nixon said:

The NFL owners and Roger Goodell want this story to go away... Powerful people tend to get what they want. 

You know...people keep saying that and it's logical for sure, but it hasn't. With the season entering the playoffs and no "new news" on Snyder in a while, it had a chance to die down and suddenly this popped up. That gives me some hope that maybe things have changed with the "rich guys can just will bad press away" narrative. 

• Like 1

Just now, method man said:

He doesn't say he's the full playcaller with full discretion a la Scott Turner as an example. It's been reported in the past that Bienemy is a secondary playcaller and will call plays time to time. 

Okay, don't believe the source in front of you. From Andy Reid. 

10 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

More chance that Scott Turner is in line to get the job after Rivera’s day, assuming RR stayed with the organisation that is.

I'd be surprised.  Scott strikes me personality wise so much like his father.  I am cool with him as a play caller but he doesn't strike me the leader of men type.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd be surprised.  Scott strikes me personality wise so much like his father.  I am cool with him as a play caller but he doesn't strike me the leader of men type.

Probably so. You would hope for continuity to some degree. This is all subjective with the assumption Rivera were to stick around and move ‘upstairs’. If he went altogether it’ll get blown up.

However, the plan this year is QB. Get Turner a QB. Then we need to deliver results. But if the longer term vision is for Rivera to remain around, why aren’t be looking to develop and promote from within to retain continuity? Especially if we invest heavily at QB.

Perhaps Rivera is looking more short term. The choice and level of investment at QB will more than likely indicate the short/medium/longer term vision.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Being a good playcaller or Xs and Os guy doesn't mean you'll be a good head coach. Completely different skill sets.

Of course they are. This is just idle discussion about how forward thinking we should be or more to the point how forward thinking Rivera is being. 

As an aside, I personally wouldn’t be surprised if we made an unexpected coaching staff move at some point in February after the rebrand date.

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Being a good playcaller or Xs and Os guy doesn't mean you'll be a good head coach. Completely different skill sets.

This is true, however good playcallers and X's and O's guys are still getting hired as head coaches.

When you've worked so closely with who is most likely going to be an All-Timer at QB like Mahomes and have been credited with being instrumental in his success, it only makes sense that he should be at the top of the list.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Wait, is the Ron to FO a realistic scenario?  Been out of the loop this week.

It's speculation. But look at his role as is. Look at him on the sidelines on gameday and his involvement with the actual coaching aspect from GAME DAY point of view.

I thought when he was hired with the structure as it is that the ultimate plan was for him to go to the FO afterwards. I haven't changed my perspective. It's probably strengthened.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1