Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

This is what I was curious about. Which player said they felt the practice tempo increase? 

It's even better. Ron said it in his presser. He even told the reporters that if it is not up-tempo, keep him accountable and tell him and he will correct it, IIRC.

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I think this is the right place to put this...

Not my dream group but they could have done worse. 

Posted a tweet in here about it at the end of the previous page. 

gonna miss Cooley and doc on game days though, but i like this crew. Also, with Michael, and now Cooley, gone, who takes their place for the Ron Rivera Coaches Show?

WFT Twitter seems salty about hall being on the broadcast after his comments a few weeks ago, but come on...do we really blame him? Hmm, a crappy team, patriots...a crappy team, patriots....if i were him id regret signing with the patriots too, knowing what i know now!! 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

I don't care about the comments from Hall but I don't understand this. Cooley was excellent and probably the only good thing about the previous broadcast. I'm not confident Hall will be an upgrade.

I also have no clue what they're thinking with Bram. He could have hosted pre/postgame or something but I am very skeptical about him doing play by play. I think there was other local talent available that would have done a much better job.

Disappointing.

• Like 1

Local roots, national experience, even been a host on Sportscenter. I don’t have any off the top of my head experience of Bram’s play-by-play ability, but that looks like a really strong resume.

He has done work covering the skins, so I am likely familiar with his work… just not ringing a bell for me.

Anyways, I’m willing to give this new team a shot. I don’t know who the trio will operate (Are we sure Bram is doing the play-by-play? Julie is supposed to be the “lead voice”) so I don’t have a fully formed opinion yet. Zombie will have to remember to go out of his way and put one ear by the radio in week 1.

23 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I don't care about the comments from Hall but I don't understand this. Cooley was excellent and probably the only good thing about the previous broadcast. I'm not confident Hall will be an upgrade.

I heard Cooley wanted to pursue other interests so I'm not sure he wanted to come back.  I think Sheehan was talking about it on his show last week.

43 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Posted a tweet in here about it at the end of the previous page. 

gonna miss Cooley and doc on game days though, but i like this crew. Also, with Michael, and now Cooley, gone, who takes their place for the Ron Rivera Coaches Show?

WFT Twitter seems salty about hall being on the broadcast after his comments a few weeks ago, but come on...do we really blame him? Hmm, a crappy team, patriots...a crappy team, patriots....if i were him id regret signing with the patriots too, knowing what i know now!! 

Crap my bad

5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Could Cooley still do the coaches show even though he’s not doing the radio broadcast anymore? Or is he out from redskins park for good now? Could we be seeing hall and Julie Donaldson doing the coaches show Saturday nights?

Bram will probably do part of the coach's show, one of the various press releases said he'd be involved in the TV side. Julie probably becomes the coach's show interviewer. I caught some of the WFT preview show on NBC Saturday night and she was basically the only media personality there. I could see her interviewing Rivera every week as the host

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Thanks 1

Bram's radio show to me was boring.  He's not the most charismatic dude.  I think he's an underwhelming choice to do this.   He's not IMO terrible but I think he's below average as a commentator. 

D.  Hall is smart but he's sort of has a halting way to communicate thoughts and thereby not the smoothest speaker.  Don't love him as a choice but he's all right.  I'd take him over Bram.  And he does know football. 

I'll miss Doc and Cooley.  Doc on his radio show isn't always hot.  But that environment was perfect for him.  He's articulate and funny and was funny to listen to when he did his sideline report.

I think it's a distinct downgrade from the previous regime,

I was watching Training Camp live with Donaldson and Santana Moss last week.  Yawn.  It's basically Donaldson and Moss rapping about football.  I like Santana as a dude but he's somewhat low key on TV.  Donaldson is OK but she's not a football expert.  Hearing them just basically rap for 30 minutes about the team was very boring.  And I am an easy mark.  It's tough to bore me on any Redskins show. 

I'd say so far the Donaldson "improvements" have been downgrades.  But I'll give her time. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Looks like my days of turning down the tv broadcast and turning up the radio are over.  

I always thought Julie was meh on NBCSW, D Hall is a mumbling blowhard and Bram is OK but has never done play by play at any level.  

The clown show continues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Going back to the new radio booth personalities when you had Sonny and Sam in there that covered one guy who knew defense and one guy who knew offense.

So now DHall can talk defense but not offense.  So no offensive guru in the booth now.  Well maybe since our offense will be lousy they are going

to expect the defense to only shine this year.   So if this booth turns out bad and you end up having a losing team that will be a guarantee for low tv and radio ratings this season.

I have the perfect three person set-up for the game day broadcasts but it is unlikely to happen due to how awesome it is. How about Charles Mann as play by play, Ken Harvey as color commentator and Clinton Portis as sidelines reporter? Throw in some guest appearances from Doc, so we can get a few "punch them in the mouth" quotes and we've got an all-star cast here ladies and gents.

• Like 2