Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

10 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

My opinion has nothing to do with her. If there was no scandal and Larry just retired; would Dan still have hired a woman in the position?

I think the attorney he hired probably had a say, saying he needs to hire a woman in the position.

The lady maybe great but I think the job offer only came because of scandal. If it was a normal opening; I just don’t see the hiring.

I actually kindof disagree, but we will never know.  Julie Donaldson has a tight relationship with Rivera.  We know that because of the amount of stories she has broken about Rivera, and they have all been true.  There was some linkage as well between her and Rivera's wife, though I don't know if that's true or not.

If you are of the belief that Dan is making all of the calls still, and Ron is just a puppet, then that's fine, I get it.

But all the evidence so far has been Ron has been doing the vast majority of the hiring and placing, and I imagine he had tremendous input, if he wasn't the final decision maker, in this matter.  

Keep in mind the 'Skins already hired a woman to be on their coaching staff, and Ron spoke at some women's coaching symposium at the combine (I can't remember what it was), and he himself is a minority. 

It could be that Donaldson was selected because she was a woman, and minus the scandal, it could have gone to a man.  Or not.  We really don't know.  There have been indications of change since Ron took over the team.  

There aren't a lot of people who immediately make sense for that role.  The other person who I actually think would have made a ton of sense would have been Chick Hernandez.  

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Watch how fast Woody Johnson gets kicked out.  Meanwhile, Snyder's still here.

The difference is Woody is being investigated for racial and sexist comments himself, and Snyder has absolutely no track record of that.  

His biggest track record is being an asshole and a crummy "GM."  They don't kick you out of the league for that.  (Maybe they should, but they don't.)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dyst said:

Listening to Al Galdi this morning and his preference is to bring in announcers with ties to the area because 'reasons'. Had a caller chime in, that he would like Chris Cooley on the mic, with Fred Smoot on the sidelines and Doc in some capacity.

I actually like Cooley on the broadcast because he actually can diagnose and talk football.  Apart from Tony Romo, who I think does it better than anyone, I think Cooley is as good as anyone at avoiding the ridiculous announcer cliches and talking about football.  What I don't care to hear from Cooley is a 45 minute discourse on his barn in Leesburg and how many animals live in it. I'm not tied to him, and if they could find somebody else, that would be fine with me.

I can't stand Fred Smoot on radio.  I don't know what it is, but he grates on me.  It's not generational, because Freddie is actually 3 years older than me. :)  But I can only tolerate him in REALLY, REALLY small doses.  Like, 45 seconds to a minute, then i turn him off whenever he's on.  

I basically refuse to listen to Doc unless I'm forced to.  It's all cliche, tough guy, nickname shtick, and it's old and tired, and I can't stand it.  He hasn't made a valid point except to "man up" and play tough guy football, blah blah blah, since the Reagan administration. No thank you.  

The other more modern guys who do some radio, Portis and Moss, I like both of them, but I don't find either one dynamic enough to really carry a large part of a broadcast on a regular basis.

I would run and hide from Thiesman and Riggo.  Just too old, won't be around long enough, and Joe is a caricature of himself at this point.  

I actually heard Alex Smith tossed out as an option.  Which might work, but he's not going to be calling games when he can be on the team and collecting $20m.  

If I'm going for a player, guys who I might talk to would be:

- Jon Jansen, who I believe does some media, was a popular guy here, and the few times I've heard him, has been interesting. 

- London Fletcher.  He might be the top of my list.  He's REALLY articulate, knowledgeable and comes across genuine. 

- I have no idea what he's doing, but James Thrash might be worth a look.  He was a Gibbs II guy, "super smart" and played on a couple teams in the division.  Would have good perspective.  

- I'm not sure if he's ever done anything like it, but I would give Alfred Morris a call and see if he could grow into the role.  If he's done playing, that is.  And I don't think he's on a team at the moment.  

- There might be a few others, I was trying to think of popular players from Gibbs 2 forward who are no longer playing.  There just aren't that many, sadly.  

I hope Julie does something out of the ordinary, but If it was me, I think I'd go with Julie, Fletch and Chic Hernandez in the booth, and a reporter on the sidelines, not a former player.  If they could get Kelli Johnson to come back, she was an outstanding sideline reporter when she was here.  (I have NO idea what she's doing now, that might be a huge step back for her for all I know). 

11 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Good article about Dan, much of this is stuff we've talked about here

https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/gameday/five-ways-dan-snyder-can-save-his-washington-nfl-franchise

Speak to the Public:

I don't know if spending a million dollars on coaches could get Dan comfortable for a press conference.

What I think he should do is sit down with Julie Donaldson in the next couple of weeks for a heart to heart with the new SVP of Media.  Julie won't grill him, but I trust her to ask some tough questions.  I also trust she would work with him and prep him on how to deliver whatever message he wanted to deliver.  

Sure, that's kindof "inside the family" but there isn't any way Dan is going on with any of the local shows who roast him regularly, so it's either a national guy like Schefter, or Donaldson.  Btw, I've started to pick up a possible unknown gender bias in the way I talk and write.  I almost always refer to men by their last names and women by their first. I originally wrote Schefter and Julie.  Though I most often call Dan Snyder Dan, and Ron Rivera Ron, so maybe it's just I pick the shorter word to type.  Regardless, now I'm thinking about it.  And I guess that's a good thing.)

10 hours ago, dyst said:

If I was Julie, I would revamp the entire show and even stage set up. Completely remove yourself from that disaster that was there previously. As for her role, I think she should focus on big picture and not be in front. Total confidence she can do it, but hire someone else to do the on camera stuff and have her focus on the blue print of everything media. 

Yeah, well they're going to have to redo the set entirely because the rebranding.  And I think she'll start from scratch.  Clearly "Redskins Nation" will need a full, new structure, face lift and feel.  She was on with Galdi today (See, last name. I could have used Al.  What is the pattern here?) and basically indicated as much.  

7 hours ago, drowland said:

That's the hope but when we think it can't get any worse this organization reaches a new bottom.  

"However bad things get, they can always get worse."

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind Pistol Pete Medhurst being the play by play dude. Local guy that cares about the team, has the pipes and isn't ancient plus he has personality. I have to think more on who I want for color. 

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 1

People really pushing for Chris...

"exposed myself with a playbook/dated a cheerleader and got her fired/ admitted to being hungover for games"

...Cooley to be the new media face for a team that just got popped for sexual harassment and toxic masculinity culture?

Ok then... confused0077.gif

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Woo Hoo . The Fritz-Pollard alliance wants the NFL to investigate the Redskins on their 2 recent hires the past few days. Did we meet the new expanded Rooney rule guidelines or not?

They’ll just say we interviewed Doug as well.

6 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Woo Hoo . The Fritz-Pollard alliance wants the NFL to investigate the Redskins on their 2 recent hires the past few days. Did we meet the new expanded Rooney rule guidelines or not?

Fritz Pollard Alliance to ask league to investigate Washington's process for its recent front-office hires

Quick hires, one (Bateman) tainted with the usual cronyism

Edited by FrFan

They said that they just need to be in town to take a physical that they expect everyone to be signed before camp.  I think Chase Young, Antonio Gandy-Golden, Saahdiq Charles, and Keith Ismael have officially signed.  The rest most likely today.  No holdouts expected.

Soooooo there investigating the Redskins for possibly breaking some rules with there recent hires?...but than push the team to change the name yesterday?!?!...cant win for losing with this ball club I swear.

5 hours ago, wilco_holland said:

So our answer is to hire more women? 

Seems logical

What's confusing @Riggo#44

Edited by bakedtater1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

What investigation? What push to change the name? I saw none of this

It's being talked about a couple posts above...theres always been a push for a name change but scince..well ya know for the past few months theres been a realllllll big push to change the name...soooo snyder and co took swift action to change the name/retire Redskins,hired some folks to start on the name change and now there being investigated on rather they did the hiring properly.

Edited by bakedtater1

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Some group is asking the NFL to investigate the skins recent hirings of terry Bateman and Julie Donaldson apparently. The league hasn’t acted on it yet though. 

Bateman fine, but it would be really ****ty if they fined the TFKA Redskins for hiring one of the only women execs.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The difference is Woody is being investigated for racial and sexist comments himself, and Snyder has absolutely no track record of that.  

His biggest track record is being an asshole and a crummy "GM."  They don't kick you out of the league for that.  (Maybe they should, but they don't.)

I'm aware of the difference.  But I'm also aware that Snyder isn't being investigated for anything else.  DC media needs to put the pedal to the metal and not let up until they find something.  I've gotta believe that there's something there.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Some group is asking the NFL to investigate the skins recent hirings of terry Bateman and Julie Donaldson apparently. The league hasn’t acted on it yet though. 

If the hire of a female to an executive position in the NFL isn't considered a minority hiring, it should be.  Very few women in such positions.

As to Bateman, I thought he was already with the team.  Wouldn't that be considered a promotion, rather than a hire?