Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

A quote:

"One veteran front-office man with another team who knows the franchise well told me that no one wants to work for Snyder (that’s pretty obvious), especially after widely respected NFL business authority Brian Lafemina lasted only eight months with the team before being fired in late 2018."

Internal hires might be a requirement for the time being.

None of us knew who this guy was, and he was not mentioned in the article and no "sources" called him out as a problem. So branding him as either Snyders' BFF or as someone who fostered and encouraged sexual harassment at Redskins Park is probably more reactionary than analytical.

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

A quote:

"One veteran front-office man with another team who knows the franchise well told me that no one wants to work for Snyder (that’s pretty obvious), especially after widely respected NFL business authority Brian Lafemina lasted only eight months with the team before being fired in late 2018."

Internal hires might be a requirement for the time being.

None of us knew who this guy was, and he was not mentioned in the article and no "sources" called him out as a problem. So branding him as either Snyders' BFF or as someone who fostered and encouraged sexual harassment at Redskins Park is probably more reactionary than analytical.

Not really true at all. He doesn't need to be a "suspect" so to speak to be a bad move right now, objectively. It goes without saying (or it should) that if we question the culture Snyder has fostered then someone who has worked for him since 2006 is not going to be a good look. 

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Not really true at all. He doesn't need to be a "suspect" so to speak to be a bad move right now, objectively. It goes without saying (or it should) that if we question the culture Snyder has fostered then someone who has worked for him since 2006 is not going to be a good look. 

What if we had brought back Schaffer? Same criticisms?

Well...crap.  A damning article comes out about his awful leadership creating toxicity.  Worries about him not really caring appear.  Then he rehires another lackey that was part of all that mess proving that, yup...he still doesn't care.

What an incompetent moron that unfortunately is in control of the team we root for.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, profusion said:

How is it possible for a self-made billionaire in his fifties to be this obtuse?

Doesn’t this comment belong in the Tailgate :evil:

(Maybe not. Self made and the age thing  make it sports related)

Edited by Burgold
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

What if we had brought back Schaffer? Same criticisms?

Yes. I was rooting for his ouster at the time specifically because of the patented "Snyder taint", even though he seemed good enough at his job.

• Like 1

He can't hire anyone that doesn't have ties to the organization already.  No one would want to come here and work for him unless it's a guy like Rivera who can make a good bit of money doing so.  C level and high ranking front office titles are nice but I don't know if the juice is worth the squeeze when it comes to working for Snyder in that capacity.  I certainly would find it easy to believe that people might stay at their current NFL organization in a lesser role to avoid working for Snyder and wait until the next opening comes along elsewhere.  If you're good at what you do, you know the market will come back around.

Make no mistake, Dan Snyder is a narcissist.  And this is what narcissists do.  They prey on people that already have a relationship with them to get them to do things in situations like this, and then they'll use that relationship as leverage throughout the time they're working together.

I'm not sure why the rest of you are upset or surprised about this.  Did any of you think that just because the Post broke an article about front office execs acting like douchebags that Danny would turn over a new leaf?  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yes. I was rooting for his ouster at the time specifically because of the patented "Snyder taint", even though he seemed good enough at his job.

In the article:

"In 2015, Applegate said, she was pulled aside by Eric Schaffer, the club’s general counsel and senior vice president, who left earlier this year. Schaffer was appalled by the verbal abuse Applegate endured from Gershman, she said he told her, and he offered to serve as a witness or connect her with a lawyer if she wanted to file a formal complaint.

[...]Applegate regards Schaffer as one of the few male team executives who treated her well. "

Seems like he would be a welcomed re-addtion at least from the "change the culture" perspective.

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

He can't hire anyone that doesn't have ties to the organization already.  No one would want to come here and work for him unless it's a guy like Rivera who can make a good bit of money doing so.  C level and high ranking front office titles are nice but I don't know if the juice is worth the squeeze when it comes to working for Snyder in that capacity.  I certainly would find it easy to believe that people might stay at their current NFL organization in a lesser role to avoid working for Snyder and wait until the next opening comes along elsewhere.  If you're good at what you do, you know the market will come back around.

This was what I was getting at in my earlier post. NFL execs need to actually want to work here under Snyder in order to be hired. No idea if Snyder even attempted to go outside the organization or if this hire was already in motion before the WP article was even known about. Just may have to accept for now that any new Skins execs will most likely already have ties with the franchise and Snyder.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

In the article:

"In 2015, Applegate said, she was pulled aside by Eric Schaffer, the club’s general counsel and senior vice president, who left earlier this year. Schaffer was appalled by the verbal abuse Applegate endured from Gershman, she said he told her, and he offered to serve as a witness or connect her with a lawyer if she wanted to file a formal complaint.

[...]Applegate regards Schaffer as one of the few male team executives who treated her well. "

Seems like he would be a welcomed re-addtion at least from the "change the culture" perspective.

Impression I got from that was Schaffer was apologetic face to face, but then either did nothing to report it, or helped bury it.

He wasn't an overt problem.  And maybe in a different culture he'd be a fine employee.  But in that one he was still part of the problem.  Maybe just a small part, be still a part of it

• Thanks 1

Absolutely love the hire of Terry “Heisenberg” Bateman!!!  This organization is now officially “Breaking Bad”. /sarcasm

So I google Terry Bateman and do an image search and this is what popped up...

image.thumb.jpeg.8b51474342353635528e7fba697157b1.jpeg

Two Arkansas college chemistry professors have been arrested on charges of making meth, in an apparent case of life imitating art.

The Clark County sheriff’s office said Henderson State University professors Terry David Bateman and Bradley Allen Rowland were arrested Friday on charges of manufacturing methamphetamine and using drug paraphernalia.

https://www.wcjb.com/content/news/Two-Arkansas-chemistry-professors-accused-of-making-meth--565065602.html?ref=602

P.S. Yes, I know it’s not the same Terry Bateman not even Snyder could be that tone deaf...

Uh right? 🤔

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Impression I got from that was Schaffer was apologetic face to face, but then either did nothing to report it, or helped bury it.

He wasn't an overt problem.  And maybe in a different culture he'd be a fine employee.  But in that one he was still part of the problem.  Maybe just a small part, be still a part of it

I'm not sure how pulling a victim aside, telling her he was appalled by how she was treated, and agreeing either be a witness on her behalf or connect her to a lawyer so she could sue is considered helping to "bury" the issue.

The closest thing we hsve concerning Schaffer to what you described was that other female employees said Schaffer should have reported it anyway even though Applegate said she didn't want to. But we don't know if he did report it or not because nobody with the team agreed to take part in the article and Schaffer declined as well.

3 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

Per Peter King:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/20/minnesota-vikings-complex-tour-nfl-covid-peter-king-fmia/

"Fire The Owner

Daniel Snyder has no business owning an NFL team. First: He stinks at it. Second: Rightfully, he inspires nothing but enmity among his fan base. I i

The biggest indictment of Snyder’s ownership might be none of those things. It might be 

The unfortunate thing if you root for this team is that nothing Snyder has done merits a Donald Sterling-type takeover by the league. You’re stuck with him. It’s a shame. I remember when this team mattered."

For those expecting this get Dan to sell, are going to be diassapointed. 

Dan has to be personally involved in the sexual harassment to take him down.