Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

4 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Anyone know how many employees are at Redskins park?  Excluding players do the redskins have more than 100 employees?

There are 68 just between front office and coaching staff. Add advertising, consumer relations, accounting, etc, it’s gotta be double or triple that I’d assume.

2 minutes ago, Titaw said:

I'm going to stop you right there. If this was the first report of this, I would have to agree with you. However, there was a report back in 2018 accusing some of the same people of the same issues. Dan did nothing to correct it then, and now this report comes out and it's deeper than the cheerleader issue. Yet, Dan still somehow didn't know this stuff was going on. Sorry, I dont buy it.

What report in 2018? Serious, can you post it so I can read?

Edited by Springfield
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Anyone know how many employees are at Redskins park?  Excluding players do the redskins have more than 100 employees?

Was thinking the same thing...

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

There are 68 just between front office and coaching staff. Add advertising, consumer relations, accounting, etc, it’s gotta be double or triple that I’d assume.

I would bet some of those in advertising, and consumer relations and PR are all contract and quite possibly a 3rd party company...

As for the report, I was wondering the same thing. I dont recall anything happening in 2018

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/02/sports/redskins-cheerleaders-nfl.html

Just one example that was brought to light 2 years ago and the guy did NOTHING.

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

I want to believe that but I’ve never even heard of Catch the Blitz before this. And all we have from that are allegations from Bibbs with no actual proof. At least with the Post article there is corroborated reports between multiple (even if unnamed) sources. The Post article is real, actual journalism. The CTB article is taking one man’s account and putting it out there.

Believe me, I hope there’s more but Bibbs can just be shrugged off as a disgruntled employee at this point.

I get that it’s just one guy’s story (if it’s a legit interview). But it might lead to more being investigated, and more people coming forward. I also think that Kapri needs to go on record with some legit journalist if his story is indeed true. Jay ruining Alex smith’s career, which nearly cost him his life, over a side chick is quite a claim 

8 minutes ago, Titaw said:

I must have misread what he says...it almost seemed like it was in addition to the cheerleader thing. 

As for that, I believe both the Redskins and the NFL did an investigation on it, and found nothing to support the allegations. More cheerleaders refuted it then supported it if I remember correctly.

Edit: I also do want to point out that even if its unsubstantiated it should have made people watch the accused a little closer...

Edited by Xameil

When Snyder bought the Washington Redskins franchise and became owner, he inherited a duty to spearhead the construction of a culture, and provide careful oversight of that culture. Everything trickles downward in a corporate culture; studies on Enron will tell you that. This cultural norm had to be repeated and reinforced for years on end, and if not exacerbated by the owner, then at least condoned.

If Snyder didn’t know, it means many things. It means he was startlingly unaware of events happening inside his own building, among his closest confidants. It means he may have been unaware because of his deep immersion into this toxic culture, helping to indoctrinate the organization. And perhaps most importantly, it means that he failed in his duty as owner, not only to provide a winning product on the field, but to preserve precious moral values off of it.

https://riggosrag.com/2020/07/18/thoughts-washington-redskins-harassment-scandal/4/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Which lends itself to the reality that the Redskins front office is probably not much different than other NFL teams in regards to how they treat women. Perhaps that's why Scot felt that Snyder's organization wasn't much different than other teams'.

Don’t disagree with you there. That’s why that story alone won’t oust Snyder. The league, and media, closed ranks a bit in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Titaw said:

Now, keep in mind, I'm playing devils advocate...

From the article:

Stephanie Jojokian, the longtime director and choreographer for the Redskins’ cheerleaders, disputed much of the women’s description of the Costa Rica trip. She vehemently denied that the night at the club was mandatory and said that the cheerleaders who went were not chosen by sponsors.

“I was not forcing anyone to go at all,” Ms. Jojokian said. “I’m the mama bear, and I really look out for everybody, not just the cheerleaders. It’s a big family. We respect each other and our craft. It’s such a supportive environment for these ladies.”

In a statement, the Redskins said: “The Redskins’ cheerleader program is one of the NFL’s premier teams in participation, professionalism, and community service. Each Redskin cheerleader is contractually protected to ensure a safe and constructive environment. The work our cheerleaders do in our community, visiting our troops abroad, and supporting our team on the field is something the Redskins organization and our fans take great pride in.”

Still playing devil's advocate: What is the purpose of an NFL cheerleader but to be objectified by men who enjoy the NFL? These cheerleaders (on every NFL team) aren't there to do any actual cheerleading. They're scantily clad and splayed out on the field as an afterthought in every single game. If you're going to do a photo shoot as a cheerleader, they you're expected to be sexy. Seems like this was a photo shoot, that the team invited popular and influential people to, probably as an attraction... in the same way that any local cheerleader meet would be.

Now, I don't condone forced nudity or forcing workers to do after hours activities that they aren't comfortable with, but if you are a cheerleader then being objectified is a part of the job. That's literally the point of being an NFL cheerleader. Your job is to wear the least amount of clothing looking the most provocative as to attract the most attention.

Maybe it's time the NFL were to simply ban cheerleading. It's antiquated anyhow.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

I get that it’s just one guy’s story (if it’s a legit interview). But it might lead to more being investigated, and more people coming forward. I also think that Kapri needs to go on record with some legit journalist if his story is indeed true. Jay ruining Alex smith’s career, which nearly cost him his life, over a side chick is quite a claim 

It was brought up several times on a few local radio shows that Bibbs actually took more snaps than normal in the game Alex Smith was injured. I'm not sure that accusation holds up if that's the case.

• Like 1

Just a thought and maybe it was already said. But GMSM might not want to trash anyone in the front office publicly. He's still angling for NFL work.

I'm sure the last thing he wants on his resume Is the leaking of front office information and happenings. That is a sure fire way to not have a NFL job again. 

I'm not making fun or light of his alcohol addiction. That is a demon I've known many people to battle. Even myself. But the guy still wants and needs NFL work. 

Look at people who are whistler blowers all over the country. They are supposed to be protected, but at the end of the day they're all job less or working a lesser job than they've had before and they also face a lot of public scorn. 

If Scott does anything but sing praises on everyone, he will be out of a job as well. 

I am saying this in the assumption that he still does free lance work for organisations 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

It was brought up several times on a few local radio shows that Bibbs actually took more snaps than normal in the game Alex Smith was injured. I'm not sure that accusation holds up if that's the case.

Kapri Bibbs took 16 snaps according to Hogs Haven -  https://www.hogshaven.com/2018/11/21/18097970/skins-stats-snaps-texans-redskins-offense

Games leading up to the Texans game:

Buccaneers: 24 snaps - https://www.hogshaven.com/2018/11/13/18057996/skins-stats-snaps-redskins-buccaneers-offense

Falcons: 21 snaps - https://www.redskins.com/news/snap-counts-redskins-falcons-week-9

Giants: 1 snap - https://www.redskins.com/news/snap-counts-redskins-giants-week-8

Cowboys: 23 snaps - https://www.redskins.com/news/snap-counts-redskins-cowboys-week-7

So less, but not discernibly so IMO.

Edited by Springfield
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

The Snyder apologists in this thread make me sad.

I dont think there are any Snyder apologists left.  The vibe of this thread is cautious optimism that this may be the beginning of the end for Dan Snyder.  I think the caution is what you are misinterpreting to be support/excuses for Dan Snyder.  He has displayed the survivability of a bad infestation of bed bugs.  Or better yet, ****roaches -- Im pretty sure even if there's a nuclear war, somehow Dan Snyder will emerge as the owner of the Washington Whatevers.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Xameil said:

It's not damning...understaffed if he has alot of employees yes...but not damning. 

And hate to tell you this..I work for a global company, around 100 employees and we only have 1 HR person...and that person was just hired about a year ago after we've been an independent company since 2012...theres a real world situation for you.

HR is almost always understaffed and undervalued in "the real world"

Your company is taking a risk, that's just a fact, it's never wise to be that understaffed in any area. God bless the guy who has that job in your company. 

It's a common misconception that it's okay to understaff HR. Now, is there also a lack of a reporting procedure in your company as well? If not, comparing your company to what the Redskins were doing isn't a valid comparison. The lack of a reporting procedure is the biggest reason it's all so messed up.

10 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

You do make some reasonable points. Personally, I think Snyder must have know in some capacity, but he does run a poorly structured organisation. Reality is that he has been at the mercy of Bruce Allen running the operation for a decade. Bruce as Team President, I don’t know, would that equate to a CEO type role?

Snyder as owner may be that step removed from the crap. I believe he will now escape the net because all those with dirty hands below him in the structure have been jettisoned.

He is guilty of failing to see the shortcomings in some of these individuals over a prolonged period of time. Did Allen last a decade because Snyder didn’t realise he was ****ing useless, or did Allen last a decade because he acted as that shield between the toxic practices and the owner, practices that the owner could then opt to turn a blind eye to?

At this stage, irrespective of his part in this, I struggle to see how we progress as an organisation with him as the figurehead owner. The complete destruction of reputation and loss of confidence from fans, stakeholders and potential investors is potentially irreconcilable. Time will tell I guess. The PR train is already cranking up.

Thanks for this perspective....I live in the Philly area and have been told time after time by people with way less knowledge of the Skins organization that the Redskins will never be good until the owner is gone. I always thought that was an overstatement and that a good football mind could save the ship. Your comments make sense in that Dan will always find a way, even if he doesn't know it, to screw things up. The only way Dan can save himself and this organization is to move to Europe and trust someone to run the organization while he handles only top business matters. He should not be seen at home or away games and should remove himself from all owners meetings, etc....(if the NFL would allow him to send a rep in his place). Maybe once the organization turns itself around he can come back and be seen.

We cant just let this thing die, we have to make sure this is the spark for real change. Its time for mutiny, revolution, whatever you wanna call it, we're gonna have to wrest control of this frnachise back from Dan Snyder ourselves.

So maybe like a small protest demanding Dan Snyder be held accountable (by selling the team) for allowing this culture of misogyny to take place.  He is the owner, he is ultimately responsible for what happens in the franchises name, for what happens in that building.  You  could turn it into a general protest against NFL's widespread culture of misogyny and permissiveness to sexual harassment in the NFL.  That might get CNN's attention.  And if that get's CNN's attention, it WILL get the NFL's attention.  That might make them re-think their decision to not force Snyder to sell the team in light of these allegations, it puts them into danger by association and would actually be proof that their is a widespread problem that the NFL is failing to deal with.

Edited by Koala
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Koala said:

We cant just let this thing die, we have to make sure this is the spark for real change. Its time for mutiny, revolution, whatever you wanna call it, we're gonna have to wrest control of this frnachise back from Dan Snyder ourselves.

Its going to die...our only hope is Snyder eventually moves the team

but for now enough opposing teams supporters show up to the stadium, we are battered and beaten fanbase looking for hail marys to get him out...i just dont see it happening

Edited by CjSuAvE22

6 hours ago, Springfield said:

Now, I don't condone forced nudity or forcing workers to do after hours activities that they aren't comfortable with, but if you are a cheerleader then being objectified is a part of the job. That's literally the point of being an NFL cheerleader. Your job is to wear the least amount of clothing looking the most provocative as to attract the most attention.

Agree with your post, but wanted to point out that the nudity wasn't forced. The photographer was going to do some individual shots where the women would be topless but not showing anything--like with their backs to the camera or their arms strategically placed. He asked the cheerleaders if any of them would be willing to do so, and from what I read it would normally be no big deal, which is why some volunteered (and maybe for extra money). From what I could tell it was not a directive from team execs, it was a photographer decision and he left it up to each of the cheerleaders if they wanted to participate. I've had shoots where I would have ideas for poses and shots and basically told the model "do whatever you feel comfortable with". They trusted me and there was sometimes nudity involved, I didn't make any big deal out of it beause it was no big deal, and they didn't either. Shoot was done, robe went back on, life continues as normal. I'm guessing that's basically what happened here.

The only thing was, the sponsors who were invited to watch a cheerleader photo shoot were also there. In which case the photographer either should have cleared the shoot or scrapped his/her plans that required any of the women to take off their tops for a shot. Apparently neither happened.

Edited by Califan007

He's so full of ****, really. I've heard too many firsthand accounts of shenanigans there. Whether he was involved in any "sexual abuse" or harassment personally, I have no idea. But that place has been a nest of vipers for about as long as he's owned it. Just truly awful people creating a truly awful working environment. He sets the tone for that environment, and the Post article alludes to that. Sadly, so little can be proven. His "statement" makes me sick, as it's not born out of any legitimate desire to fix a wrong, but it's total CYA mentality. I just don't know if I can do this anymore. Jesus Christ, this guy. 

I want to officially apologize again to the people I used to argue/debate with on the Redskins newsgroup back in 1999/2000 who swore these days were coming with this guy as our owner. In my defense, that was during the first couple years of his reign of failure. How anyone's still on board at this point is beyond me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Its going to die...our only hope is Snyder eventually moves the team

but for now enough opposing teams supporters show up to the stadium, we are battered and beaten fanbase looking for hail marys to get him out...i just dont see it happening

l’ve been saying this for years, get Synder to move the team.  Best way to do this, DO NOT ALLOW VA, DC, & MD to fund a nickel for a new stadium. 

Edited by heyholetsgogrant
  • Like 1

This team can't even self destruct correctly. What an absolute embarrassment. We could be at no owner, no name, best draft pick, tons of cap, vet respected coach, but we're ****ing up falling apart. Worst sport franchise ever. We'd be so much better with the old lady that accidentally owned the Rams for a while. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1