Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

12 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Reading an article from Harvard Business Review, it says that the "average time it takes companies to activate a social media plan to respond to a crisis is 38 hours."

You read Harvard Business Review. Get out! We don't need your kind in here. 🤣

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

" is not going the right direction, don't you think?

It’s accurately reflecting reality

The lead up was whether snyder would be forced to relinquish the team. 

Allegations of sexual harassment against people that have already been forced out, while snyder has been MIA since the start of Allen/Gruden at the latest, is (more than likely) not going to come close to forcing him out. 

In the context of discussion on a Redskins message board, no it’s not going the wrong direction. It’s discussions the immediate reality that is personal to us. 

In general yeah minimizing the severity of sexual harassment would be the wrong direction

think it’s a bit different than what we’re doing though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Read my post above about response times for PR from people who know a billion times more about this stuff and don't give a single **** what you or I think or feel, and then come back at me about being a "white knight" for Snyder.

Oh, here's a part from that last article you might relate to:

"You need to think strategically and put any emotions on the back burner," she added.

Slow down ranger, I agreed with what you had posted, the white knight comment is more directed towards the people who are obviously downplaying what happened and trying to spin things. Apologies to you for not making that clearer lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Read my post above about response times for PR from people who know a billion times more about this stuff and don't give a single **** what you or I think or feel, and then come back at me about being a "white knight" for Snyder.

Oh, here's a part from that last article you might relate to:

"You need to think strategically and put any emotions on the back burner," she added.

I think this is a little different in that the company was not caught unawares or blindsided. The PR clock started ticking on Monday or Tuesday. Heck, it may have even started last week when we first started hearing whispers that there was a huge story about to break.

They knew what was coming, the nature of it, and the details of the charges to a fair degree for a while now. They had the opportunity to plan their strategy and get out in front of it. This isn't a whistleblower coming forward and the team being caught flat footed. This was a situation where the team and its lawyers were debating and discussing the article with the newspaper for a week before publication.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, RVAskins said:

You read Harvard Business Review. Get out! We don't need your kind in here. 🤣

I guarantee you Snyder and his minions have never read it and are not referring to it now. Since when has anything this cretin done screamed, "good business sense" or "strong crisis management." lol. His silence isn't based on business theory. It's rooted in simple cowardice. 

6 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Dan doesn't need a PR team, fans of this team love to continue being white knights for the teams constant wrongdoings, truly amazing ****.

Nah. You want dan gone because we lose. Not because hes named in **** like this...you just assume. This all happened under Bruce. Cant read the article but did it happen under vinny and Joe?

I think Rivera might catch some heat for opening his statement basically with "we need to move past this", because really it's not time for that yet. It needs to be faced head-on, and openly. The rest of the off-season needs to be tearing apart the organization and stitching it back together around the people who are clean. 

But Snyder will just have that super-lawyer do her best to clear him and attempt to patch whatever superficial holes this blows in the image of the team.

This isn't Rivera's fault mind you. He should not have been the first word on this from the organization. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

you know when it's gotten bad?...When twitter offers more sanity lol...

I think you’re reading into things and getting defensive 

maybe the board isn’t the problem 

🤔

• Like 1

Seriously... whenever tickets are up for sale again, just don’t buy until Snyder is gone. No new merchandise, nothing.  

I looked past so many things, but Snyder has absolutely destroyed what was once the classiest and arguably best franchise in the league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Slow down ranger, I agreed with what you had posted, the white knight comment is more directed towards the people who are obviously downplaying what happened and trying to spin things. Apologies to you for not making that clearer lol.

giphy.gif

Sorry about the rash reaction lol...I've been called eveything from a Snyder apologist to Snyder's (Bruce's) wife in the past lol..so assumed you meant me. A thousand pardons.

And for the record, I agree with you about those people who are downplaying the seriousness of the accusations.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tshile said:

It’s accurately reflecting reality

The lead up was whether snyder would be forced to relinquish the team. 

Yes but let's not use the shameful misinformation train as a way to say "oh, nvm not that big of a deal." We can separately address the latest bout of "I have to be first to report" that people fell for as its own issue. But I'm judging this separate from that.

If The Post had said "we have a story that will make Snyder sell" that's one thing because it's their story.

3 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

Nah. You want dan gone because we lose. Not because hes named in **** like this...you just assume. This all happened under Bruce. Cant read the article but did it happen under vinny and Joe?

The article says it started in 2006...so yeah.

EDIT: it may not have said it started in 2006, but was taking place back then at the very least.

Edited by Califan007

1 minute ago, Gibbit said:

The woman on WTOP after the story broke worked for the Redskins or as a media person covering the Redskins in the 80’s and said it was going on then too. Even Cooke did things to her. 

but she said it was the 80’s. Today is different and I think she’s right. 

who gives a **** what happened with Cerrato and Gibbs. Can’t do anything about it. But this is now and something can be done. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

Just stop.  This owner has ruined us.  Be a decent person and hold him accountable.

• Like 2

The woman on WTOP after the story broke worked for the Redskins or as a media person covering the Redskins in the 80’s and said it was going on then too. Even Cooke did things to her. 

who gives a **** what happened with Cerrato and Gibbs. Can’t do anything about it. But this is now and something can be done. 

Just saying you cant blame Dan like hes the one that did it...what so many here want to do

The sad part is that a very similar article could have been written under Cooke as well.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Yes but let's not use the shameful misinformation train as a way to say "oh, nvm not that big of a deal."

This board is the extent of my social media presence, and I can barely keep up, so maybe I’m just not seeing it but...

I don’t really see anyone minimizing sexual harassment. 

I see people claiming we shouldn’t. But I don’t actually see anyone doing it. 

Just now, Gibbit said:

Just saying you cant blame Dan like hes the one that did it...what so many here want to do

That's like saying you know who isn't to blame for the U.S. disaster in responding to COVID-19. Snyder is top boss, it's on his watch. Buck stops with him.

• Like 1

I’d just like to say while this story paled in comparison to how it was pitched, there is not a chance in the world that Dan hasn’t been aware of this behavior.  This behavior is the culture.  This type of behavior is indicative of the dysfunction and the trickle down effect it has on everyone in an organization.  While some may have the feeling of “phew, it’s not that bad”, make no mistake - it’s bad.  Just not as bad as the rumors made it out to be. 

It’s a very tough spot because I do like Rivera and appreciate both his willingness and actions already taken to drain the swamp, but knowing any success he has would also be Dans is a hard pill to swallow.  I can understand why folks feel like this is enough to step away for good.

• Like 7