Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Russini/McC was indirectly mentioned in that thread.

Wow

Yep, he doesn't mention her by name but that is an easy assumption to make

2 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Interesting thread here: 

Could also explain why a lot of reporters are silent themselves as he points the finger at them, too. Pretty wild. 

Glad you posted with the embed - I was too afraid of missing profanity and catching a ban right before this news drops lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Damn you're still gonna bounce even if we finally are free of Snyder? That's bleak, man. 

Honestly, I've been very conflicted, but if Dan or anyone else high up in the organization was up to some things that would severely tarnish the franchise I've loved for over 40 years, then that might make my decision easier. I'd have rather seen Dan forced out while we were still the Redskins. 

But don't worry, I'm sticking around here long enough to see how this all shakes out...    

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I can buy this for sure.

From that thread:

Front office and team personnel ****ing media members in exchange for scoops and leaks. Protecting leadership, coaches, players from getting in trouble with their wives, etc and then using that information for blackmail, leaks and to keep people obedient (Gruden, Allen, McLovin).

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

"Is this rock bottom?"

Story hasn’t published yet, so we haven’t hit rock bottom.  We’re just falling now.  Scared.  Unsure of how bad it will hurt.  We’re all Hans Gruber at about this point here:

3bxh8qL.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, CRobi21 said:

I remember back in the glory years of the mid 2000's, rumours of Kelly Johnson getting passed around.

Yeah, and remember how D Hall made her stand beside him with no heels on (and she surprisingly did it)

Also, the throngs of sports  reporters located in the DC area, that surprisingly always got that "ESPN Bump" up to Bristol.

Cabe would jokingly refer to it as the "DC Pipeline"

Steele, Czarniak, Russini, I know I'm missing several more (also ESPN is a cesspool too if you ever read that book by Bill Simmons, I think it was him)

• Thanks 1

Just now, thesubmittedone said:

<snip>

Could also explain why a lot of reporters are silent themselves as he points the finger at them, too. Pretty wild. 

This is what I was expecting all along.   How many years have we spent beating the dysfunction drum and often met with yeah buts, “witch hunts”, etc. ?

I won’t hold it against anyone though.  If Snyder gets axed, we all get a new start at fandom!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I liked the part where they referred to JLC as "her" lol

Nah, there was a scandal maybe over ten years ago that even had its grey edges talked about on here at the time, of a catfish account that conned multiple insider types into giving "her" information because she was able to share her own nuggets with them to prove "she" was legit....but in reality that person was just passing all their scoops around to each other as if it was "her" own info. I think the catfish was even in contact with some players at the time, and pretending that's where some of the information was coming from (or it actually was bc they were being catfished too). Eventually that person was outed as BS I think when the insider types started talking to each other. I could be wrong but I swear that jsteelz and LL56 or whoever back when they actually posted here and dropped tidbits, talked briefly about this on the boards back then. TK may have more knowledge but I swear I'm not crazy for remembering this. The implication of JLC being mentioned in that part of the tweet is that he was one of the ones who was duped and sharing info with the catfish.

Edited by ConnSKINS26

12 minutes ago, Tay said:

Think Dan is suing to stop the release of the story?

That would be entertaining to see him try. The WaPo outed the watergate scandal under heavy threat of legal action from the Nixon administration, and Bezos wealth makes Dan’s look like pocket change.

They have the balls and warchest to take on Snyder.

Edited by wrilbo67

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Nah, there was a scandal maybe over ten years ago that even had its grey edges talked about on here at the time, of a catfish account that conned multiple insider types into giving "her" information because she was able to share her own nuggets with them to prove "she" was legit....but in reality that person was just passing all their scoops around to each other as if it was her own info. Eventually that person were outed as BS I think when the insider types started talking to each other. I could be wrong but I swear that jsteelz and Lavar56 or whoever back when they actually posted here and dropped tidbits, talked briefly about this on the boards back then. TK may have more knowledge but I swear I'm not crazy for remembering this. The implication of JLC being mentioned in that part of the tweet is that he was one of the ones who was duped and sharing info with the catfish.

Ah I never heard that story.  Thats about as Redskins as it gets.  Just bumbling stoopidity.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, and remember how D Hall made her stand beside him with no heels on (and she surprisingly did it)

Also, the throngs of sports  reporters located in the DC area, that surprisingly always got that "ESPN Bump" up to Bristol.

Cabe would jokingly refer to it as the "DC Pipeline"

Steele, Czarniak, Russini, I know I'm missing several more (also ESPN is a cesspool too if you ever read that book by Bill Simmons, I think it was him)

Oh ****, Russini was on Kevin Sheehan's show a few months ago talking about how D. Hall pulled her to the side when she was a young reporter offering to give her the exclusive story on his new contract so she could break her first big story in the Washington market. 

I thought it was a goodwill gesture, looking back well, now we know. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Nah, there was a scandal maybe over ten years ago that even had its grey edges talked about on here at the time, of a catfish account that conned multiple insider types into giving "her" information because she was able to share her own nuggets with them to prove "she" was legit....but in reality that person was just passing all their scoops around to each other as if it was "her" own info. Eventually that person was outed as BS I think when the insider types started talking to each other. I could be wrong but I swear that jsteelz and LL56 or whoever back when they actually posted here and dropped tidbits, talked briefly about this on the boards back then. TK may have more knowledge but I swear I'm not crazy for remembering this. The implication of JLC being mentioned in that part of the tweet is that he was one of the ones who was duped and sharing info with the catfish.

You’re not crazy, she even was featured on LL’s podcast a bunch of times if I recall correctly. 

• Thanks 1

After reading the latest allegations, we can’t be the only team doing this right?

I mean think of other major media outlets like NYC, Dallas, Philly, ATL etc, I’m sure their personnel and FO probably also giving out stories in exchange for “favors”

Edited by Rogue Jedi

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Oh ****, Russini was on Kevin Sheehan's show a few months ago talking about how D. Hall pulled her to the side when she was a young reporter offering to give her the exclusive story on his new contract so she could break her first big story in the Washington market. 

I thought it was a goodwill gesture, looking back well, now we know. 

See, I remember this, and at the time it struck me as odd that someone who, you know, allegedly worked their way to the top like that would specifically shout out a story like that given how it could be taken after the Scotty M. rumors. That's actually a major reason why I retroactively didn't really believe the Scot stuff, because she was so open about that anecdote involving Hall, and so thankful, it just didn't seem sketchy the way some portrayed it. Who knows. It is awkward if stuff involving her comes out now because she just recently got engaged I think, I saw someone retweet her about it last month or something

• Thanks 2

I think of this happened under Bruce his watch. The old Tampa bay team...teams might need to start digging. Is there one toxic organisation or are there more. 

And that's the part why owners might force Dan to sell. It will be a story about our team but people will qeustion the complete league. Local news papers are going to start investigating local and more dirt might come up. NFL suffers from bad brand image. No owner cares what the other owner does, as long as it earns them money. But as soon as your actions impact there investment, they will force you to sell. Just to protect their own income and value. They don't want to get dragged along. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

After reading the latest allegations, we can’t be the only team doing this right?

I mean think of other major media outlets like NYC, Dallas, Philly, ATL etc, I’m sure their personnel and FO probably also giving out stories in exchange for “favors”

I want me some gloryhole!

Jerry-Jones-Full-Pic-two.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

You’re not crazy, she even was featured on LL’s podcast a bunch of times if I recall correctly. 

Thank you, I thought this all rang a bell for me. Hadn't thought about it in years obviously but it all came rushing back when I read that tweet, I'm sure TK will correct me on the details if he notices lol, my recollection is probably not 100% accurate.

• Like 1

This is all a reminder that if you want to be a continuous, long-term fan, you're going to be a fan of the owner. There's no "team" outside of that context. 

I think I'm slowly figuring out I'm a Joe Gibbs fan, full stop, and that's somehow tricked me into following the team in DC a little too long. I'd like to be a Rivera fan, but if I want to be a fan of the team, I'm really buying into being a fan of, in this case, Snyder.

I know not everything about Cooke was great. But I don't think he's a maggot like Snyder (again, if the Cranky Guide wasn't enough of a warning,  the NYT story about the cheerleaders from two years ago should be enough to convince you of that). If you don't like the owner, you should move on... before the other shoe drops.

I'm afraid I might be learning that just a few hours before I wake up with the fleas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have been so desensitized by the insanity and chaos that pervades our team that the absurdity of this statement has lost some of it's impact:

Front office and team personnel ****ing media members in exchange for scoops and leaks. 

I honestly don't know who this puts in a worse light; the media members willing to prostitute themselves for a simple story or the players willing to give up valuable team info for a quickie.

Sheesh.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1