Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for New Team Name, New Logos etc. Go Here- (by member request)

2 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Its been a month or so since I distanced myself from social media, which includes ES, as I found very little enjoyment in constantly reading and learning about tragic events. Had some things going on at home and work. Things got heavy. Shut it down. I probably wont post much anymore, (almost certainly this SN that i created decades ago as a teen will have to change) and do not agree with the name change, as it is being enforced by people that look the other way while supporting China, but felt the need to destroy native representation in sports without first collectively asking tribal leaders what their thoughts were first - all in the name of good PR. But I understand the nature of etymology and the landscape of this country. Its inevitable. Where it ends is unknown.

That being said, I am thoroughly against removing all reference to the history of the franchise. I think it does a disservice. Preferably I would keep the logo, and the colors are a must. Ive seen a bunch of names thrown around - most awful. But there are a few which I could accept. Im almost positive that it will be Washington Warriors. Which would be a shame. So I will decline listing it. Ive also heard some other names like the Warhogs, which sounds good... but it has no connection to the natives, so Ill pass. Red Tails is absolute trash.

1A : Washington Warpath | Keep the logo, keep the colors. Nothing changes except the name. Braves on the Warpath... yada yada. Alliteration is there. It sounds pretty fierce, and could tie into the military which is a must for some ridiculous reason.

1B : Washington Red Wolves | The logo would change, colors stay the same. Indigenous to the east coast. Endangered and dwindling. Has strong ties to Native Americans. Based out of Norfolk, the Red Wolves represent the HSC-84 Navy Sea Combat Squadron, which supported the Navy SEALS, SWCC Teams, and Combat Search & Rescue. You could really play with the branding of the team here, with lots of opportunities to enhance the fan experience ( howling on kickoffs, flashing lights on touchdowns like NWO, etc).

Ive seen some drawings for what the logo could look like, and honestly... They are lacking. So i created my own. There is so much more to a logo than just a literal reference. In mine I included the braid and feathers from the 1930's Redskins logo into the fur. The colors of the feathers are in a Chevron pattern as opposed to the splotchy pattern currently used. On the bridge of the nose is a reference to the rank of Navy Masterchief (petty officer). On the forehead of the wolf is a tuft of hair in a "W" pattern. Similar to the M that tabby cats have on their foreheads. Cats eyes reflect light and their eyes appeared so luminous that the Egyptians associated cat eyes with the moon. It is believed that the "M" was a mark of that relationship. I dont think I need to state what the "W" represents here...

Ideally, I would like to keep the colors as close to the 1930's Skins, with a more maize colored yellow (specifically the pants), the same burgundy, and incorporate more red-brown into the details. But for the most part, the jersey stays the same. Just reference the traditional 1930's uniform roughly, and accent with red brown. Avoid the Atlanta Falcons style of modernizing the logo/colors/jersey. Im not the best at coloring digitally, and this logo is just a reference to what im thinking. Burgundy ears, gold accents, red-brown fur. Its a start of something that I could support and not outright ignore like the Wizards...

I appreciate your post and effort.  That is the most thorough explanation of the Red Wolves that I have seen/read thus far.  The Warpath I like as well as it's a bit out of the box.  Now, my interest in Ancient Egypt gives me memories of Anubis with your logo but still, really liked this post.

21 hours ago, primetime441 said:
22 hours ago, Digger said:

How about just "Washington Football Club" 

How about no. 

You can't sell jerseys without a name. Plus last I checked we weren't part of the Premier League or La Liga.

I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to put your profit from jersey sales in jeopardy.  I'm also sorry for bruising your gentle sensibilities regarding team name associations.  I'll be more careful in the future.  I suggested the generic terms of "Football" and "club" as doing so could hearken back to a more nostalgic era. Tradition and history seem to be the big sticking point for those against any name change.  I thought this might be a perspective worth considering.  I hope you're somehow able to recover from your wounds.

No non-plural names, please. That's arena league stuff.

They don't need a "Red [blank]" name to keep wearing the burgundy and gold, and the Red suggestions I've seen aren't great.

We all know it's going to be Warriors (unless the NBA threatens a trademark fight), but any name poetically connoting a group of tough individuals would be usable.

2 hours ago, Digger said:

I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to put your profit from jersey sales in jeopardy.  I'm also sorry for bruising your gentle sensibilities regarding team name associations.  I'll be more careful in the future.  I suggested the generic terms of "Football" and "club" as doing so could hearken back to a more nostalgic era. Tradition and history seem to be the big sticking point for those against any name change.  I thought this might be a perspective worth considering.  I hope you're somehow able to recover from your wounds.

Calling us the " Washington Football Club" would feel similar to Madden losing naming rights to any of the 32 teams and having to call them the "Football Club". It wouldn't feel authentic. I get that you're trying to appease "those against name change" but either way the change is near and not having a new name to kickoff the rebrand will hurt a lot more in the short term. 

1 minute ago, Boss_Hogg said:

What I want: 

Washington Redwolves (No native imagery)

What I expect:

Washington Warriors with same logo

What's gonna happen:

More protests and distractions

You may be right.  However, if we go the Warriors route, we are no longer alone in the cross hairs.  Include Atlanta Brave, Kansas City Chiefs, Cleveland Indians, already discussing, Chicago Blackhawks...etc. etc.

Why can't we just shorten it...... Washington Warpath?

Love Redwolves also... 

I like Warriors as that's typically what Marines are referred to as, however, I don't like sharing names.

war·path
/ˈwôrˌpaTH/

noun

1. angry and ready or eager for confrontation.

24 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

What I want: 

Washington Redwolves (No native imagery)

What I expect:

Washington Warriors with same logo

What's gonna happen:

More protests and distractions

I like the simplivity and directness of that format. I’ll give it a shot.

What I want:

Washington RedWolves (No native imagery. Probably won’t happen. The Chiefs have Wolves as their backup plan if they are ever forced to change their name. Have also gotten no indication that Snyder is even considering it...sigh)

What I expect:

Washington Warriors (This is almost certainly going to be the name. All imagery will have a military slant because after this week’s letter from multiple tribal leaders to Goodell ANY native American connection is likely out.)

What’s going to happen:

A new name will come. I will be disappointed for a bit, no matter what name is chosen, but that will eventually pass. The team will play games. They will win some and lose others. I will hope for a Lombardi run while being prepared for disappointment. Life will proceed unabated from there.

I do think the ideal team nickname should have something to do with the identity of the town that the team represents. Pittsburgh Steelers is perfect even though Pitt is not exactly Steel Town anymore. Houston Oilers was great. Same Denver Broncos, Miami Dolphins, Miami Hurricanes is one of the best.

Get away from all of the red this and red that. So my suggestion is the Washington Controllers.

Warriors is so unoriginal and generic.  If we keep logo and colors I can live with it (I am many many others will still refer to them as the Redskins of course).  I really don't care for Warriors if we do change logo and colors.

12 minutes ago, Smurf3 said:

I do think the ideal team nickname should have something to do with the identity of the town that the team represents.

Let's hear it for your Washington Corruption!

or

For those wanting a tie-back to the glory years...

your Washington Pork!

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

<is it thought?>

It is genius for a joke.  

It is obviously not a real thing.  I posted it on facebook a few days ago, and it was quite the hit with my friends.  

Maybe it's a dad joke.  But I'm a dad.  So that would be on-brand.  And a lot of my friends are dads.  

Things that make you go hmmm

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

If it were Redwolves--its not gonna be lol--we wouldn't have to use a singlular individual image of a wolf, could be something like this:

I mean, this could symbolize our D-Line alone lol..

You know...I like the concept of having multiple animals in a logo like that.  You've got a fast defense, it's not just one guy you have to worry about, even if you make that defender miss...they keep coming, in waves.  Seems like a logo that's geared towards a defensively talented team.

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It is genius for a joke.  

It is obviously not a real thing.  I posted it on facebook a few days ago, and it was quite the hit with my friends.  

Maybe it's a dad joke.  But I'm a dad.  So that would be on-brand.  And a lot of my friends are dads.  

Things that make you go hmmm

I posted that bc the person you quoted was being sarcastic, as the joke had been made here already at least a dozen times lol. I agree that it is peak "dad humor", for what that's worth

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Or be like the Browns...and no imagery at all...no chance of offending there.

Burgundy and Gold Helmets.

EDIT : Wait, did I just say I want to be like the Browns ? 😷

We've been doing a pretty decent impression of them for years. :(

I do think no imagery is an interesting idea, or maybe something that nobody effing understands without having to look it up, like the Steelers logo.

47 minutes ago, kwitt said:

Warriors is so unoriginal and generic.  If we keep logo and colors I can live with it (I am many many others will still refer to them as the Redskins of course).  I really don't care for Warriors if we do change logo and colors.

still think Warriors is better with DC in there somewhere

DC Warriors

Washington DC Warriors

Archived