Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for New Team Name, New Logos etc. Go Here- (by member request)

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

People would say the guy isn’t native enough

or they’d say he can’t possibly speak for every Native American and it’s a ridiculous stunt 

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

honestly this country is laughable.  honoring natives by giving them a name for a football team.  Why not actually help them lol

“sorry we murdered nearly every single one of you all and shoved those that remain into tiny laughable specs of land but, trust us, we felt kinda bad about the whole thing and so we named a football team after you so how about we call it even?” 

Of the non-native names I've heard I think I like Thunderbirds the best. Although isn't thunderbird a NA term now that I think about it?

I also think Warthogs would be pretty cool. One of those monsters gets a bead on you, the good part of your week is officially over.

58 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

Get it right...

Extreme Red Tails 😆

extremely red tails 

98B26C46-FC5D-4D02-B3E7-64F66FFBCBA5.gif

1 hour ago, Gibbit said:

Why not braves though? its our original name. Doesnt seem like thered be any conflict with atlanta mlb team if warriors doesnt conflict with golden state

I feel like we just need to mode one from

the NA ties and imagery. Let’s actually

create something fresh instead of doing the absolute bare minimum. Which is pretty much all we should expect

Snyder to do 

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

honestly this country is laughable.  honoring natives by giving them a name for a football team.  Why not actually help them lol

I believe I remember the Dan and staff spent a bunch of money in public relations on several reservations.  Don't remember details but it was tied into the copyright issues.  Initially the Native American Group that sued wasn't asking for removal of the name; they lawsuit was for a piece of the copyright (money).  I'm not Native American but I have seen a bunch of cowboy movies and the term Redskin is at the least disparaging, if not down right derogatory, and I can fully understand why they would be offended.  I also realize that it was never meant to be offensive in this application, but perception is reality.  Time for a change.  If there is a non offensive way to honor Ntive American heritage in our new name I believe that would  be a good thing.  HTT?

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I feel like we just need to mode one from

the NA ties and imagery. Let’s actually

create something fresh instead of doing the absolute bare minimum. Which is pretty much all we should expect

Snyder to do 

i think doing something "fresh" will be the final death knell. No stadium deals....hello St louis Redrums (Or whatever arena league **** we come up with) or some other nfl deprived town that actually wants a team

1 hour ago, MisterPinstripe said:

They want zero Native American mascots. Which means they also want the logo gone.

they would not have the same public backing against the Chiefs, Braves, and some others since there's no perceived intent of racism like there was against us.

21 minutes ago, slinky said:

they would not have the same public backing against the Chiefs, Braves, and some others since there's no perceived intent of racism like there was against us.

well then we just need to get on the horn to Nike and Pepsico and inform them that they ARE racist names. 

Its getting to the point where most ANY name will be offensive in one way or another. 

BTW,  aren't the words 'chiefs' and 'braves' names given by the white man? Unless i'm mistaken, none of the tribes had a subscription to the Encyclopedia Britannica, so they had to have heard the name from somewhere...

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

With that in mind...

Red****s (rhymes with redlocks).

Redheads

Red rashes

Redass

Gee, 3 of the 4 sounds like a symptom of a sexually transmitted disease, while the 4th name could be the culprit !

It just hit me. Total genius. We could do a regional sports tie in. How about (drumroll) the Washington Warlocks!!?? It’s just as cool and almost as badass as the Wizards without giving people that lisp fits.🙃🙃 On a serious note, I do like the Red Clouds idea and Razorbacks is legit.

Ok I know, but hear me out...the DC Braves

our logo 

See the source image

Whats that about Americas team?

You just stick that new sticker right over the burgundy and gold NA head logo, **** it. 

Doing so would probably be met with "Snyder eradicates the Native American culture all over again" though

IMO- as a long time Skins fan- I am ready to move on from the past. My first post about changing the name was in 2013.  The team will always be the Skins in my heart- but that was then. My heros- Bobby Mitchell, Sonny Jurgensen, the Fun Bunch, the Posse, Riggo's Rangers, the Hogs, CP,  RGIII in 2012! - going to RFK with my Dad and brother...these are memories  I will always hold dear to me.   But that was yesterday.  Why are we trying to hold onto to the http hashtag and fight song- move on! Why do we want the team to begin with an R?  Move on! Unless we are going to be the "Rivieras!"  I am a DC Native- I will always support my local team.  So come on - Snyder-  Open this up to the country- finding a name to replace one of pro sport's most iconic nicknames would be of national interest.

Let's have fun- find a cool name and logo- and let the Rivera/Young Era begin in DC! Once the curse is severed we will see Super Bowls! It's Karma, baby!

Ok. This...Washington Phalanx

Keep the color scheme which is not that far off of those in the 300. Shield and Spear logo.

Its not offensive to any group of people 

it demonstrates strength in unity

it does require a change to HTTR but HTTP isn't all that bad

It actually fits within the fight song, phonetically 

And what a cool and original word for a sports team. Just sayin

Archived