Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for New Team Name, New Logos etc. Go Here- (by member request)

One thing I've been trying to think about are America's greatest achievements or moments. That's where the idea for the Washington Apollo came from. The Apollo Misssions were certainly one of the biggest things America has got done. In that vein, I've also thought about "Railroad" as in the Underground Railroad, but perhaps also the literal railroad that first united this country from east to west. First flight might also be one. For better or worse, splitting the atom. 

17 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

**** the Hunts. Are you kidding me? All these years and I never knew there was a ****ing WOLF associated with the CHIEFS. Talk about mixing metaphors. 

Tell Hunt to give us the wolf or brand him a racist. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

One thing I've been trying to think about are America's greatest achievements or moments. That's where the idea for the Washington Apollo came from. The Apollo Misssions were certainly one of the biggest things America has got done. In that vein, I've also thought about "Railroad" as in the Underground Railroad, but perhaps also the literal railroad that first united this country from east to west. First flight might also be one. For better or worse, splitting the atom. 

The problem I have with these types of names is that they can't be easily identified with by the people. You want a name that you can associate yourself with on some level. "Warriors" suggests qualities you may want to associate with your own personality. "RedWolves" reflects a coolness factor and a menacing factor you might want to associate yourself with. The best team names have those qualities. I could never associate myself with "The Washington Apollos." It would seem like I was worshipping the Greek god. I've seen Washington Phalanx above, too. Cool term, but who's going to say, "Yeah, I'm a PHALANX." It just doesn't work, imo. 

8 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

**** the Hunts. Are you kidding me? All these years and I never knew there was a ****ing WOLF associated with the CHIEFS. Talk about mixing metaphors. 

I mean that’s the flavor of this year.  Do as I say or you’re racist. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In my stream of consciousness thinking on the nickname dilemma, I started thinking of anything RED that popped into my head.  They included...

1. Red Dogs - Dan could resurrect the failed beer company or at least find the warehouse of stale brew and sell it at the stadium, see expired airline peanuts incident.

2. Red Hots - The sticky candy that was usually found around Valentine's Day but somehow always made it an appearance in your Halloween sack, again, Dan could sell in stadium, see expired airline peanuts incident.

3. Red Devils - Most Devils are red unless they are blue.  Devils are red, Devils are blue, Coach K looks like a rat but Coach Shanahan did too.

4.  Red Giants - Oh boy, might be worth it to see what a conniption fit Mara would throw.

5.  Red Light District - You thought Bruce Allen did bad things with cheerleaders?  Wait until we trot out their uniforms this year.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, RFK Lives said:

In my stream of consciousness thinking on the nickname dilemma, I started thinking of anything RED that popped into my head.  They included...

1. Red Dogs - Dan could resurrect the failed beer company or at least find the warehouse of stale brew and sell it at the stadium, see expired airline peanuts incident.

2. Red Hots - The sticky candy that was usually found around Valentine's Day but somehow always made it an appearance in your Halloween sack, again, Dan could sell in stadium, see expired airline peanuts incident.

3. Red Devils - Most Devils are red unless they are blue.  Devils are red, Devils are blue, Coach K looks like a rat but Coach Shanahan did too.

4.  Red Giants - Oh boy, might be worth it to see what a conniption fit Mara would throw.

5.  Red Light District - You thought Bruce Allen did bad things with cheerleaders?  Wait until we trot out their uniforms this year.

6.  Code Reds - You're right Colonel Jessup, I cannot handle the truth.

7.  Red 5's - The force will be with us...always.  Why did they tell Porkins to eject before he blew up?  Wouldn't the result be the same?  Hey Porkins!  Eject into the vacuum of space.

2 minutes ago, RFK Lives said:

6.  Code Reds - You're right Colonel Jessup, I cannot handle the truth.

7.  Red 5's - The force will be with us...always.  Why did they tell Porkins to eject before he blew up?  Wouldn't the result be the same?  Hey Porkins!  Eject into the vacuum of space.

An image of Porkins screaming should be our new logo. Also, "Porkins" refers well to "Hogs." I think this has some legs. Gangrenous legs, but legs nonetheless. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Washington Killer Mosquitoes.  :P 

It's a mouthful, but i kinda like the way Washington Revolutionaries sounds.

And for some reason, I like Washington Swamp Monsters.  Because we live in a swamp. I wouldn't name the team that, but I like the ring to it and it's definitely on-brand for the area.  

I know Snyder wants to pay tribute to the Native American history of the team, I think they should not.  Just get as far away from it as possible.  It's sad, but it's like beltway expansion, it's inevitable that whatever they choose will eventually come under fire.  Hell, the current logo was designed by a native american tribe, and it's considered racist.  

As an aside, one of the HSs in the area are the Snails.  The Medeira School (all girls private school) are the Snails.  And the fans change "ES-CAR-GO!" This has to be the single worst team name/chant in the history of sport.  

• Haha 1
55 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

The problem I have with these types of names is that they can't be easily identified with by the people. You want a name that you can associate yourself with on some level. "Warriors" suggests qualities you may want to associate with your own personality. "RedWolves" reflects a coolness factor and a menacing factor you might want to associate yourself with. The best team names have those qualities. I could never associate myself with "The Washington Apollos." It would seem like I was worshipping the Greek god. I've seen Washington Phalanx above, too. Cool term, but who's going to say, "Yeah, I'm a PHALANX." It just doesn't work, imo. 

"Yeah, I'm a Pelican...a Magic (or is it Magician--even worse), a Brown..." this could go on an on. lol

2 minutes ago, Hoover-ball said:

Washington Phoenix

Colors work 

Oh, I sort of like...oh wait, Phoenix rises from ashes, oh, reminds me of Ash Wednesday and my mom dragging me to church, oh, so it offends religious peoples...oh well.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, RFK Lives said:

Oh, I sort of like...oh wait, Phoenix rises from ashes, oh, reminds me of Ash Wednesday and my mom dragging me to church, oh, so it offends religious peoples...oh well.

I was thinking that.  Or we can be Washington Phoenix and be two cities!  Ha suck it everyone else! Until the Cardinals go hey that’s our city!

Its been a month or so since I distanced myself from social media, which includes ES, as I found very little enjoyment in constantly reading and learning about tragic events. Had some things going on at home and work. Things got heavy. Shut it down. I probably wont post much anymore, (almost certainly this SN that i created decades ago as a teen will have to change) and do not agree with the name change, as it is being enforced by people that look the other way while supporting China, but felt the need to destroy native representation in sports without first collectively asking tribal leaders what their thoughts were first - all in the name of good PR. But I understand the nature of etymology and the landscape of this country. Its inevitable. Where it ends is unknown.

That being said, I am thoroughly against removing all reference to the history of the franchise. I think it does a disservice. Preferably I would keep the logo, and the colors are a must. Ive seen a bunch of names thrown around - most awful. But there are a few which I could accept. Im almost positive that it will be Washington Warriors. Which would be a shame. So I will decline listing it. Ive also heard some other names like the Warhogs, which sounds good... but it has no connection to the natives, so Ill pass. Red Tails is absolute trash.

1A : Washington Warpath | Keep the logo, keep the colors. Nothing changes except the name. Braves on the Warpath... yada yada. Alliteration is there. It sounds pretty fierce, and could tie into the military which is a must for some ridiculous reason.

1B : Washington Red Wolves | The logo would change, colors stay the same. Indigenous to the east coast. Endangered and dwindling. Has strong ties to Native Americans. Based out of Norfolk, the Red Wolves represent the HSC-84 Navy Sea Combat Squadron, which supported the Navy SEALS, SWCC Teams, and Combat Search & Rescue. You could really play with the branding of the team here, with lots of opportunities to enhance the fan experience ( howling on kickoffs, flashing lights on touchdowns like NWO, etc).

Ive seen some drawings for what the logo could look like, and honestly... They are lacking. So i created my own. There is so much more to a logo than just a literal reference. In mine I included the braid and feathers from the 1930's Redskins logo into the fur. The colors of the feathers are in a Chevron pattern as opposed to the splotchy pattern currently used. On the bridge of the nose is a reference to the rank of Navy Masterchief (petty officer). On the forehead of the wolf is a tuft of hair in a "W" pattern. Similar to the M that tabby cats have on their foreheads. Cats eyes reflect light and their eyes appeared so luminous that the Egyptians associated cat eyes with the moon. It is believed that the "M" was a mark of that relationship. I dont think I need to state what the "W" represents here...

Ideally, I would like to keep the colors as close to the 1930's Skins, with a more maize colored yellow (specifically the pants), the same burgundy, and incorporate more red-brown into the details. But for the most part, the jersey stays the same. Just reference the traditional 1930's uniform roughly, and accent with red brown. Avoid the Atlanta Falcons style of modernizing the logo/colors/jersey. Im not the best at coloring digitally, and this logo is just a reference to what im thinking. Burgundy ears, gold accents, red-brown fur. Its a start of something that I could support and not outright ignore like the Wizards...

Red Wolves Logo.png

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

And I'd say those are not good names. 

I would like a name that retains the rivalry with the Cowboys. Can you use a tribal name like Apaches? If the profile of the Indian warrior on the helmet has to be then go back to the arrows on the helmet side or the feather on the back. Get permission and pay the tribe for use of their name of course.

2 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

I knew it from this lol

17 minutes ago, Mpvanskins said:

Problem solved....

ah man, that's pretty clever. I can't believe this hasn't come up before. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Haha 3
  • Jumbo locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic
  • Jumbo locked this topic