Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for New Team Name, New Logos etc. Go Here- (by member request)

Only three names that still resonate with me from all the suggestions:

- No name, just Washington...at least for the time being. Can change the helmet emblem but use a small patch of the current logo somewhere on the jersey to honor both Blackie Wetzel and our team's past glory.

- Warriors, if only due to the idea of using clips from The Warriors in connection to home games lol (and I'm not kidding one iota about that). Can change the emblem as well, but it better be damn cool, not those weak-ass "W" logos that look like rejects from the Wonder Woman ad campaign.

- Red Wolves, if only because there could be some SICK helmet emblems created from that name...

16 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Nice to see you're coming at this from a rational and level-headed perspective backed up by data, evidence, and facts rather than misguided emotions

About as rational as many these days.  Essentially if you disagree with anything with a race movement you are quickly branded a racist.  If you don’t ageee with riots you are branded not caring about the lives of people that died from injustices.  I could go on. 

Honestly, I like Red  Tails better than Red Wolves. I like the idea of honoring the Tuskegee Airmen. What I know though is that if I fall in love with a name it will never be chosen. As for Wolves, almost all the iconography I see that excites fans is putting us right back into the Native American controversy.  If we lose the Redskins, then I would want something that represents DC or the nation that has some degree of meaning.

6 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I could go on. 

But you shouldn't, because that would be way off topic for this thread and might get you a temp ban or something.

5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Honestly, I like Red  Tails better than Red Wolves. I like the idea of honoring the Tuskegee Airmen. What I know though is that if I fall in love with a name it will never be chosen. As for Wolves, almost all the iconography I see that excites fans is putting us right back into the Native American controversy.  If we lose the Redskins, then I would want something that represents DC or the nation that has some degree of meaning.

the concept behind it might be fine but the name is seriously weak.

The images I imagine aren't connected to NAs in any way. This isn't one of them but it's in the same spirit of what I have in my head. I mean, maybe some of the symbology on the tats are NA-influenced lol...

6577.jpg

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

But you shouldn't, because that would be way off topic for this thread and might get you a temp ban or something.

That’s why I won’t. For the sake of the thread and lesser extent myself.  I think if people can’t see some very irrational reactions that have come out of what happened they are deliberately ignoring it or in denial. Anyway back to topic.  

12 minutes ago, Burgold said:

We would be called the red ass by everyone. No thanks.

Starting to like Red Wolves.

17 minutes ago, Burgold said:

But the red tails don't represent DC. They represent Tuskegee. 750 miles from DC

13 minutes ago, UKskins said:

But the red tails don't represent DC. They represent Tuskegee. 750 miles from DC

Did the Tuskegee Airmen fight and die for the Tuskegee Army Air Forces or the United States Army Air Forces?

Seems like a good representation for the city where the Pentagon is located to me.

33 minutes ago, UKskins said:

True enough, but the Tuskegee Airmen repped America and DC as the capitol of the US gets the right to use national symbols. 😄

4 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Changing the colors makes zero sense to me. Burgundy and Gold are the true identity of this team so why change it.

To me, any other color scheme will seem cheesy, especially red, white, and blue (throws up in mouth).

This doesn't need to be overly complicated, the logo and name are the issue.

This is where I'm at in the coping process.

Change the logo, the name, the fight song, remove NA imagery, whatever. However, the new uni's had better damn well be Maroon and Black. That's all I care about at this point.

22 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Wheres your logo...let's see it..I've seen alot folks say something similar...Washington Football Club..I'm trying to put a logo with it..

I don't know.  I was thinking of it more as an abstract noun much like the Browns.  It could be anything I suppose... even a piece of art designed by Walter Wetzel

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

What about Justice

Washington Justice or DC Justice sounds kind of cool to me. 

icon could be a gavel, Capitol Building, Lady Justice, etc

I can see it now. Our cheerleaders dressed up like sexy Judge Judy's, spinning gavels instead of pom pom's. Maybe our mascot could even be Judge Dredd. He'd walk along the opposing sidelines shouting "I AM THE LAW!", and just terrorizing them.

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

I can see it now. Our cheerleaders dressed up like sexy Judge Judy's, spinning gavels instead of pom pom's. Maybe our mascot could even be Judge Dredd. He'd walk along the opposing sidelines shouting "I AM THE LAW!", and just terrorizing them.

I know you’re making fun of me, but I kinda dig it. 

Archived