What decade in your opinion

ThePackisback

The 1970's.  

I mean c'mon:

d244f6751d16f4a11cbc6ca1ab17441d.jpg

87f7ef6948855b50b25e057f95ee842d.jpg

1977-JCPenny-Christmas-page215__700.jpg

f57c522641f10239170a59597bb3726f.jpg

All joking aside (and I definitely had clothes like those - don't even mention Sears Toughskins), the music was awesome.  But the '70s was when I learned to wield an axe, handle a knife, smoke a cigarette, a joint, drink, etc.  

So my coming of age decade.  We'll all probably disagree because we came of age in different decades.  But there is something to be said for the time before the internet and cell phones.

I came of age in the 80s..  music revolutionized, I was grandfathered in when they changed the drinking age so i was able to go to bars and clubs and see live music in a place other than a big arena. It was glorious. 

Bought my first house. Partner / owner of a comic book shop that did QUITE well .. well enough to buy me that house. It was the best job i ever had. Amde some great life-long friends.

~Bang

The 80s had the best music and all those corny but fun John Hughes movies.  90s had kind of a depressing vibe to it, music mostly sucked outside of RnB.  The good movies weren’t the fun movies like in the 80s, but the big budget blockbusters and some more cerebral flicks like Shawshank Redemption. 

2010s I suppose. I grew up reading a lot of cyberpunk/sci-fi dystopia and we basically entered into the early stages of a cyberpunk world this past decade. It was both kind of scary and exciting? Not really sure how to describe it. Intellectually, the 2010s was an amazing time to be a geneticist. I literally got to work on the early stages of developing and adapting protocols for CRISPR gene editing and having a front row seat to early products of synthetic biology. At the same time, the egalitarian inside of me has taken quite a beating because the world is significantly more unequal and destabilized. Chaotic but exciting decade.

Doesn't matter which decade you were born in or came of age in..  The answer to the question has to be this one, right now!  I presume the idea was to take a quick nostalgia bath and yeah, the 70's were my formative years...  prog rock and cheap weed!  Yea!!   

But regardless of the minor speed bump we are experiencing (Covid and the current imbecile in chief), every conceivable measurement of overall well-being WORLDWIDE continues to trend upward and if I had to do it all over again I would want to start right now!

I'm torn between the 80s and 90s. 

I was 3-13 and 13-23 respectively. In many ways, I enjoyed the 80s more because things were more carefree. But I grew a lot in the 90s. 

The 2020s are off to a great start (selfishly...I understand that the world is crazy). I'm getting married and moving into my dream house, so that's pretty exciting!

2020s for sure. Don't have to get a hair cut, don't have to shave, getting paid to stay home and work in pajamas while drinking. Showering appears to be optional. Don't have to worry about the kids visiting and asking for money. There is something about murder hornets on the horizon. It is a Sci Fi nerds dream so far. Can you imagine where we can go from here over the next 9+ years?

(Really it's the 90s for me.)

80s was damn good; end of high school, college, post grad, getting together with Mrs Corcaigh.

10s was pretty damn good too. Kids graduated college and became adults. Grew a business to a successful exit.

20s will be finding a new sense of purpose and WTF to I do with the rest of my life before I slip into the warm arms of Death's embrace.

90's.  I was young and working at good jobs.  The perfect confluence of money, energy, availability of cheap good quality party favors and a strong desire to party my ass off.  And I did. Also managed to do well with my career and to go back to school and get a degree.  Glad I didn't have more money than I did or it might not have ended so happily.

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I expect, at least the first half of the 20's to be the darkest period in humanity. It's going to get much worse before the age of rennasance begins around 2025. 

darkest period in humanity... almost zero chance. Especially if you expect it to end in 5 years.

look at life after the fall of the Roman Empire, ‘‘twas pretty bleak.

The 70s I was a little kid roaming free in perhaps the last decade children were allowed to roam free. Great time.

The 80s were high school and college. I grandfathered in prior to the drinking age raising and had a great time making stupid mistakes in a decade before everyone had a camera and platform to publicize those mistakes. Great time. 

The 90s I got married and had kids and truthfully, though I had a wonderful childhood and young man years, that has been the best time of my life. 

China's post-Page 215 sweater E. Rocked one of those or one darned similar. 

Archived