Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

14 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Parsons is going in the first. Too much size and athleticism for someone not to take a chance on him. 

Ya I don’t care about Parsons personally. If he is innocent and teams have done their due diligence, sure. I don’t count him either way.

On Leatherwood: he’s been a top 2-5 OT for me almost the whole process.

I like Christensen, Leatherwood, Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw and Cosmi most right now. Christensen is a later round flyer. I’m not high on Eichenburg.

16 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

So would Leatherwood or AVT be a better pick at 19?

If you’re looking for a tackle it’s Leatherwood. Guard it’s AVT.

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Ya I don’t care about Parsons personally. If he is innocent and teams have done their due diligence, sure. I don’t count him either way.

On Leatherwood: he’s been a top 2-5 OT for me almost the whole process.

I like Christensen, Leatherwood, Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw and Cosmi most right now. Christensen is a later round flyer. I’m not high on Eichenburg.

If you’re looking for a tackle it’s Leatherwood. Guard it’s AVT.

I'm just saying if both were available. I think we'll need a G because I don't think Scherff is coming back after this year and OT is always a question mark.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

I'm just saying if both were available. I think we'll need a G because I don't think Scherff is coming back after this year and OT is always a question mark.

LT is more valuable. I think AVT may be a better player, but guards can be had “easier” and for “cheaper”. All relatively speaking. You take the LT.

55 minutes ago, KDawg said:

LT is more valuable. I think AVT may be a better player, but guards can be had “easier” and for “cheaper”. All relatively speaking. You take the LT.

Exactly. if you want to groom a guard, I don't know why you wouldn't just wait until round 2 to take a Radunsz or Meinerz

8 hours ago, KDawg said:

Mark my words... Amari Rodgers is going to wind up being the WR steal of the draft.

IMO he has the best hands in the draft fights for the ball. and great after the catch. He is a favorite of mine even though he isn't the top separator.

6 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think he's a LB/DE hybrid type who would primarily operate as a pass rusher on pass downs/long leverage situations and a force man against the run.  Wouldn't be common to play him in the middle of your stack, but he did do a little bit of that at Texas in a blitz/spill capacity where he played downhill.  You don't want him playing back on his heels too often, you want him attacking the LoS, so in that respect I think he's a very different weapon from Zaven Collins.  His crazy TFL numbers tell you how to use him--have him go after the ball and disrupt the backfield.  But he can spot drop into underneath zones.  I just wouldn't have him man cover TEs or backs.

I really like him because he's an absolutely freakish athlete at 6'4 256 with a 42 inch vert and a 4.63 40 with good ability to break down and change directions and explode into plays off his frame.  And he seems to be undervalued in his projections as a second round pick.  Usually that body and athletic profile goes in the first round, and he pairs that elite ahtleticism with a really dogged playing style and motor.  I think there is big value potential with him.  And I like his versatility as someone who transitions between a two and three point stance role with surprising fluidity.  You mainly use him as a big blitzer and/or a SAM but he can also be a sub package DE so he kind of addresses two needs with one pick.  If you get him, then you don't really have to feel pressured into finding another edge rusher somewhere in the class, which would be nice.

I appreciate your elaborate response, thank you. I didn't realize that he was freakish like Zaven just slightly different. If we had no real holes and could truly go BPA he would be a great addition! 

6 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

He was there at #26 on the PFF Simulator and #30 in a trade-back for the TDN simulator. 

Darrisaw at 19 and Cox at 51 would be a perfect setup though.

Hope WFT can trade back from 19 yet stay in the first round

Darrisaw/Cox would be awesome!  

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Hope WFT can trade back from 19 yet stay in the first round

Darrisaw/Cox would be awesome!  

I’ve had this thought as well, and I’d add that we could then feel alright/better about moving up a bit in the 2nd if need be (or using a pick on a qb in the mid rounds).  

No idea who they’ll want, but if say Darisaw, Cosmi, Bateman, Collins and Etienne/Harris are there, you could trade back several spots and still get a really good player.  Of course, if they only have a couple/few guys on the board at 19 they really like, it’s a big risk (relatively speaking) to trade out more than a couple spots.

I’ll be curious if we get offers to trade given the talent that should be available...

I know this team has had some bad luck trading back, but 1)  there’s hindsight  - would we have actually drafted the stud that we could have drafted had we not traded back?  And 2) we would have be strategic trading back, if/when we get offers.

24 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I’ve had this thought as well, and I’d add that we could then feel alright/better about moving up a bit in the 2nd if need be (or using a pick on a qb in the mid rounds).  

No idea who they’ll want, but if say Darisaw, Cosmi, Bateman, Collins and Etienne/Harris are there, you could trade back several spots and still get a really good player.  Of course, if they only have a couple/few guys on the board at 19 they really like, it’s a big risk (relatively speaking) to trade out more than a couple spots.

I’ll be curious if we get offers to trade given the talent that should be available...

I know this team has had some bad luck trading back, but 1)  there’s hindsight  - would we have actually drafted the stud that we could have drafted had we not traded back?  And 2) we would have be strategic trading back, if/when we get offers.

Often when you draft back you losing much better options. The difference this year is at pick 19 you are in the midst of a large bunch of similarly graded out players. By staying in the 1st round you are still in the midst of that group and have numerous holes to fill. This a good draft to make the move and gain a 3rd.

24 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Often when you draft back you losing much better options. The difference this year is at pick 19 you are in the midst of a large bunch of similarly graded out players. By staying in the 1st round you are still in the midst of that group and have numerous holes to fill. This a good draft to make the move and gain a 3rd.

I want to trade our first to a team that wants to move up this year, for a first next year in case we need to move up. Pick up a second, third this year.

After that it's Pitts, Harris, Collins in that order.

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I want to trade our first to a team that wants to move up this year, for a first next year in case we need to move up. Pick up a second, third this year.

If possible, that would be great to pick up an early pick for next year! Even better if you can also gain something for this year. I have no idea what next years draft will look like but I know this one is strong for the first few rounds and there are a lot of holes to fill.

4 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

If possible, that would be great to pick up an early pick for next year! Even better if you can also gain something for this year. I have no idea what next years draft will look like but I know this one is strong for the first few rounds and there are a lot of holes to fill.

If one of the QBs drop, maybe a CB or OT that someone is in love with, I think there is a chance it could happen. I'd be okay moving back, but trading the first completely is my primary desire.

5 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Wow Spencer Brown. He might be one of the first OT taken with upside like this. 

That’s a tackle I can see falling a bit because of questions of competition he faced. Ive seen him rated in 70’s overall and lower. I know there are more of these in this years draft in particular hope our staff is finding these gems..

he looks legit. 

Archived