Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

5 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

On a similar but separate note...

If they are willing to trade Stafford I wonder if they won't franchise tag Golladay.  Stafford, Golladay with Terry would be nice.

If I was leading a rebuild and let my receiver walk and take the comp pick.  Commit one way or another.  Tagging a WR while trading your QB makes little sense.

I havent look at too many of the Wr prospects but I am blown away by toney.  I dont think he is getting enough attention and maybe thats a good thing.  He can run, he can catch, hes got speed, he can break ankles and break tackles.  He looked a lot like Gibson in space.  speed with some sneaky power.

His biggest  talent of all is his ability to stop on a dime.  He has got Jeudy level stop and go skills.  He looks very rough with his route running and maybe needs some work to get to his potential but he is going to be a lethal weapon for whoever drafts him IMO>

1 hour ago, CurseReversed said:

I havent look at too many of the Wr prospects but I am blown away by toney.  I dont think he is getting enough attention and maybe thats a good thing.  He can run, he can catch, hes got speed, he can break ankles and break tackles.  He looked a lot like Gibson in space.  speed with some sneaky power.

His biggest  talent of all is his ability to stop on a dime.  He has got Jeudy level stop and go skills.  He looks very rough with his route running and maybe needs some work to get to his potential but he is going to be a lethal weapon for whoever drafts him IMO>

Totally agree. He's going to be great. I've seen a fair number of mocks with him going in the 1st. I'd be ecstatic with him in the 2nd. 

How far do you guys think Parsons realistically falls now? Out of the 1st? 

13 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

How far do you guys think Parsons realistically falls now? Out of the 1st?

With what's hanging over his head, I wouldn't want to draft him at all.  Strong chance for him to be suspended indefinitely as soon as he is on a team, IMO.

8 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

With what's hanging over his head, I wouldn't want to draft him at all.  Strong chance for him to be suspended indefinitely as soon as he is on a team, IMO.

A lot of people feel that way. That's totally not what I'm asking. What I'm asking is how far he will actually fall. How much does this bother the NFL. How many teams will be willing to take a chance, and in what round?

16 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

A lot of people feel that way. That's totally not what I'm asking. What I'm asking is how far he will actually fall. How much does this bother the NFL. How many teams will be willing to take a chance, and in what round?

Sorry, I thought my answer was pretty clear.

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

Undraftable.

6 hours ago, Number 44 said:

You've lost me.  I'm not seeing how a comparison of the WFT and Colts WRs would matter at all to the Lions.  WFT has the better draft pick to offer.  That seems relevant to me.  The WRs?  Not so much.

What we were getting at were potential add on pieces to a deal that could swing it one way or another. It helps we are 2 spots higher than the Colts are but it's not a huge difference and I'm hoping we get creative and use players vs Day 2 picks to get the deal done because we could use all the cheap productive talent we can get given all the guys we'll have to pay for over the next 2-3 seasons. I'd hate to lose Allen but it also saves us close to $10M in 2021 - one way to think about it is would you rather have Allen or L. David & a 3rd round pick (assuming the 2021 cap hit is lower than the 2022 and 2023 hits).

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

He'll get drafted,  my guess is somewhere on day 2.  NFL teams take chances on talent.  But he is going to burn his team IMO.  He has major immaturity issues that I guarantee would cause him to fall out of favor quickly here.  I was reading about his recruitment last night and that alone would have spooked me before even considering the hazing accusations.  Taking it altogether, a violent child like that with a scummy coach like James Franklin enabling him and blowing smoke up his ass for the past three years is not a recipe for success.

I feel like some of these super recruits are just not very good kids.  I'd rather have some of these former three star recruits who painstakingly mold themselves into high level NFL prospects like a Zaven Collins type.

16 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He'll get drafted,  my guess is somewhere on day 2.  NFL teams take chances on talent.  But he is going to burn his team IMO.  He has major immaturity issues that I guarantee would cause him to fall out of favor quickly here.  I was reading about his recruitment last night and that alone would have spooked me before even considering the hazing accusations.  Taking it altogether, a violent child like that with a scummy coach like James Franklin enabling him and blowing smoke up his ass for the past three years is not a recipe for success.

I feel like some of these super recruits are just not very good kids.  I'd rather have some of these former three star recruits who painstakingly mold themselves into high level NFL prospects like a Zaven Collins type.

Link to the recruitment stuff? I read the hazing accusations, and while undoubtedly super ****ed up, it’s not *necessarily* behavior you can project to follow him to the NFL. Just curious if there’s a more complete picture out there on him. 

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But RR has said that QB is the most important position they need to fill. So if we don't trade for one like Stafford, maybe Carr or sign Dak don't you see us drafting one in the 1st round?

6 hours ago, RWJ said:

But RR has said that QB is the most important position they need to fill. So if we don't trade for one like Stafford, maybe Carr or sign Dak don't you see us drafting one in the 1st round?

Don't know.  I don't think they are going to draft one just to draft one.  One thing to keep in mind the odds are in favor of a QB pick (especially if its the 5th most highly regarded one which is likely at 19) to fail versus being the answer.  So it depends on context and whose left. 

7 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Not 100% sure that Colilns quickly adjusts to MLB considering he played outside backer in college but he certainly has the physical tools to do it and from what I've read his intangibles are through the roof. 

So at 19 the QB we have a chance to grab based on possible availability is Mac Jones right? Is having major weapons on his team and his lack of mobility the biggest knocks? Everything else seems to indicate he has good feet, throws with accuracy, quick decision surveying the play/field and adept at making a pocket for him. 

50 minutes ago, dyst said:

So at 19 the QB we have a chance to grab based on possible availability is Mac Jones right? Is having major weapons on his team and his lack of mobility the biggest knocks? Everything else seems to indicate he has good feet, throws with accuracy, quick decision surveying the play/field and adept at making a pocket for him. 

Hard pass on Jones. He's gonna suck in the NFL.

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Always be wary of players on teams absolutely loaded with talent.  How good is Jones when his OL and Weapons aren't playing against lesser talent?

Even just in the SEC there's a difference between Alabama recruitment and what other schools can recruit.

Alabama is going to have possibly 1 OL, 1RB, and 2 WR drafted in the first round.  We're talking about an elite supporting cast.

1 hour ago, max21 said:

Damn wtf did Parsons do? Just hearing about this now. What a shame 

There seem to be a lot of allegations, I can't quite figure it all out but it seems to all stem from a hazing incident in which Parsons and the player Isaiah Humphries got physical and Humphries actually pulled out a knife. Then Humphries went on to file a law suit, not against Parsons although he is named in the lawsuit.

https://phinphanatic.com/2021/01/24/miami-dolphins-remove-parsons-off-draft-list-report/

Archived