Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

6 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I don’t love one on ones. They don’t truly simulate a play. Who wins and who loses doesn’t always mean a whole lot.

Having said that... Deonte looks slow. Alaric looks best as a tackle and awkward as a guard, Leatherwood is awesome, Basham is an absolute animal.

Basham is probably the best DE available. Rosseau has the upside and Basham is incredibly raw. But I think he’s the top EDGE. 

• Like 1

Not the best showing from Trey Smith.  😬  Those A&M dudes struggled too.  Ditto for Marvin Wilson, who has quietly been one of the biggest fallers in this draft class.  The kid has no idea how to use his hands to rush.  Push-pull is his one move.  What is he even doing on some of those reps?  He's supposed to be trying to get to the QB right?

I need to go watch Drake Jackson and Cam Sample now apparently.

Looks like Quincy Roche came to make some money.

• Like 1

Couple other thoughts, Payton Turner's size was giving dude problems.  He is all arms and legs.  Montez Sweat-like dimensions that could become a real problem at the next level once he develops his strength.  He caught my eye.

I also liked watching the reps of that stout little fireplug from Grambling David Moore.  He looked like a brick wall and you could see how frustrated his opponents got.  Definitely going to try and find cut ups for him too, I have a feeling those are going to be pretty great.

Not impressed by Marlon Tuipolotu.  I know that Daniel Jeremiah is pretty high on him, but he looks smallish and not very athletic.  Tufele looks like a significantly better prospect than him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Be honest, this is totally doable, right?

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 23 (NYJ): 
Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 25 (LAR): 
Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami (A+)
Round 3 Pick 6 (PHI): 
Chazz Surratt, ILB/OLB, North Carolina (A+)
Round 3 Pick 10: 
AmonRa St Brown, WR, USC (A)
Round 3 Pick 18: 
Thayer Munford, OT, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 40 (N.O.): 
Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5 (CLE): 
Zaven Collins, DE/OLB, Tulsa (A+)
Round 4 Pick 9 (DEN): 
Trey Sermon, RB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 19: 
Tommy Kraemer, OG/OT, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27 (CLE): 
Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama (A+)
Round 5 Pick 24 (BALT): 
Monty Rice, ILB/OLB, Georgia (A+)
Round 6 Pick 19: 
Lorenzo Neal, DT, Purdue (A+)
Round 6 Pick 26 (BALT): 
Richie Grant, FS/SS, UCF (A+)
Round 7 Pick 19: 
Jaelan Phillips, DE/OLB, Miami (A+)

If Collins is there in the 2nd and again in thh 3rd and we don't draft him this place will be in melt down mode long before we see they actually drafted him in the 4th.

1 hour ago, method man said:

Meinerz showed up with a giant pot belly however. I wonder if that is going to play a role in teams' minds.

So he showed up after not playing this year, looks out of shape and is still crushing people.

Umm, get him in our training program, get that man in practice and sign me up.  Haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Who would have thought a non-D1 player would look like a man among boys.  But Meinerz looked amazing.

He's got to be the most fascinating player at the practices.  Looked like he got Patrick Jones pretty good in the one on ones.  If this dude has a real future at center, then his value is going to shoot up.   Body composition for an NFL center, but two-position versatility.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's got to be the most fascinating player at the practices.  Looked like he got Patrick Jones pretty good in the one on ones.  If this dude has a real future at center, then his value is going to shoot up.   Body composition for an NFL center, but two-position versatility.

He is like a goof just having fun when being interviewed but turns on a nasty fight to the death mentality when in the trenches. He is one of those guys you want on your team

When he was asked about his "abs" he called them his keg

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I wish he had cut ups but I don't expect a DIII school to broadcast their games.

I'd check D3football.com

They have all sorts of resources around there if you're really interested. I used that site all the time to get extra info on opponents when I coached at that level. The forums often have people posting stuff you wouldn't expect.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

The CB will be in the AFL off that poor technique alone. Looks like S Sims with the dropped ball to boot.

Practice. These reps don’t mean a lot. I’m curious why the DB tried to lunge at him and jam after the stem was complete and Toney had acceleration. But one on ones are a different animal. These DBs are rarely on an island in that kind of open space like that and have a QB have time to hold the ball and deliver it like that. 

That was around 4 seconds to develop. 

No pressure.

Toney dropping it is... curious. But I love his movement. He didn’t really have a drop problem in college.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Seriously, SIP.  You see what I mean about Jones?  Listen to all the beat reporters around the NFL talking about him.  :)

I am open minded about Mac.  I've probably explained my position on him more than any player on the thread.  I am somewhat agnostic but lean positive on him.   I watched him play in his first bowl game live, had a fun time that day.  It was one of the last major event/travel I've done ironically pre COVID-19. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

A lot of draft analyst have Jones going in the 2nd.  I don't think he makes it out of the 1st.  He may fall to the 2nd but if he plays as well as I think he will in the game, I think he's a 1st rounder.   One reason is the demand for QBs.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RWJ said:

A lot of draft analyst have Jones going in the 2nd.  I don't think he makes it out of the 1st.  He may fall to the 2nd but if he plays as well as I think he will in the game, I think he's a 1st rounder.   One reason is the demand for QBs.  

5th year option pushes guys into the first. I think Jones goes before our pick, but could keep Newman in the first.

• Like 1