Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

@KDawgGreat job again!

I like your top 9 and Surratt. 
Watching Collins, Bolton and Cox play gives me a smile. I want all three! 😀

Preinjury Moses was my favorite prospect. He was ultra-tentative early in the year. I am hoping he gets his groove back so thrilled with your take.

Assuming they need to play extensively and start some this year in the 4-2, I would narrow the field to Collins, Cox, Werner, Moses and maybe Britt. I love Bolton but if we are talking an every down guy I think I begrudgingly remove him due to speed. 

I know you removed Parsons from your board but he is way above these guys and could reach pick 19. Will be interesting to see what comes from the allegations prior to the draft.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

@KDawgGreat job again!

I like your top 9 and Surratt. 
Watching Collins, Bolton and Cox play gives me a smile. I want all three! 😀

Preinjury Moses was my favorite prospect. He was ultra-tentative early in the year. I am hoping he gets his groove back so thrilled with your take.

Assuming they need to play extensively and start some this year in the 4-2, I would narrow the field to Collins, Cox, Werner, Moses and maybe Britt. I love Bolton but if we are talking an every down guy I think I begrudgingly remove him due to speed. 

I know you removed Parsons from your board but he is way above these guys and could reach pick 19. Will be interesting to see what comes from the allegations prior to the draft.

I think Bolton could do it... His aggressiveness is a positive factor and despite not being extremely fast he is adequate there I think. 

Werner is a lot better than people give him credit for. That guy is an animal. If Collins wasn't a physical freak at 260 and could move like he could I think Werner would be my 1. Collins isn't as good of a linebacker as Werner. But his size in combination with how good he is makes him the top guy in my eyes. 

40 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think Bolton could do it... His aggressiveness is a positive factor and despite not being extremely fast he is adequate there I think. 

Werner is a lot better than people give him credit for. That guy is an animal. If Collins wasn't a physical freak at 260 and could move like he could I think Werner would be my 1. Collins isn't as good of a linebacker as Werner. But his size in combination with how good he is makes him the top guy in my eyes. 

When you did your LBers, did you look at Robertson ASU or Fields WVU?  I’ve seen those guys mocked to us in the middle rounds.  Wondering what you thought about them.

10 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

When you did your LBers, did you look at Robertson ASU or Fields WVU?  I’ve seen those guys mocked to us in the middle rounds.  Wondering what you thought about them.

I did not. Haven’t had them on my radar. I’ll add them and take a look before final rankings

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I think the Skins would have a tough time passing on Zaven Collins.  RR has talked in the past about how he loves LBers with versatility, and you don't see many 260 lb LBers who are that comfortable in pass coverage.  He's an impact LBer, and that could take our defense another step up.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ruzious said:

I think the Skins would have a tough time passing on Zaven Collins.  RR has talked in the past about how he loves LBers with versatility, and you don't see many 260 lb LBers who are that comfortable in pass coverage.  He's an impact LBer, and that could take our defense another step up.  

I absolutely agree. I think Werner would be a tremendous consolation prize.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

I am glad you think that about Bolton. He is so fun to watch play.

31 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Love Collins but I could see them go after one of the other guys in the 2nd or maybe even 3rd along with one or two FA's. They would need to get Collins at 19 unless they trade back a little. They do not need to be big $ guys like L David and could even be some on prove it low end one or two year deals. 

KDawg is right, Werner or Bolton could probably start in the middle right away and be there for 10 years

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1

Zaven was who jumped to my mind immediately in the presser when Marty & Martin were referring to a player in the draft. That they both had the same read on where and how to use him in the NFL.

Then I thought possibly Demetric Felton due to them just being a SR Bowl

Thanks KDawg. Great write up. We have to come out of this draft with one of Collins, Werner or Bolton and I bet all three are gone before the 20th pick.

I don't think we have a shot at Collins, especially with Parsons bull****. 

Bolton is the piece in the middle of our defense that we've been missing forever. He may be a little slow, but 2 years leading the team in tackles speaks volumes. 

I still want to sign a top FA backer too and would use my 1rst on one of those 3.

Unless we draft Moehrig after moving back in the 1rst, then grab Moses in the second. 

This draft is full of LBer and WR talent and it's our 2 largest holes.

6 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I like Bolton's instincts but does it seem like he lacks athleticism to anyone else?

Yeah, but he just finds a way to get home often.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

What is the deal with Micah Parsons?  What are the allegations?  

https://www.abc27.com/sports/former-penn-state-player-details-fight-with-micah-parsons-claims-james-franklin-told-him-not-to-talk-to-police-according-to-espn/#:~:text=According to documents filed by,a knife in March 2018.&text=The document sheds new light,the school early this year.

Humphries alleges upperclassmen including Barber, Micah Parsons, Yetur Gross-Matos and Jesse Luketa “collectively orchestrated, participated in, directed and or facilitated a campaign to harass and haze lowerclassmen members” of the football team as a form of initiation.

Humphries claims he and others were wrestled to the ground by the upperclassmen who then simulated a humping action or other sexual acts, placed their genitals on his face, and threatened to “Sandusky” him.

Edited by Koolblue13
  • Sad 1

I know he's been mentioned but Jabril Cox is someone I'd like to be on our radar. Ron and Jack obviously as former LB's could coach him up getting the maximum out of him. Browning is another guy I like. It's hard finding quality analyses out there anymore - for free that it is. Most of my go to sites are now moving to paid subscriptions.

I'll throw a name out there I like too who will likely go undrafted: OLB Lamar 'Boogie' Watson from Kentucky. 

• Like 1

It's intriguing to think what we may be able to do as far as trading up since we have the extra 3rd round pick. We could use #19 and our 2nd round to move up about 7-9 spots possibly and grab one of the guys who falls (Devonta Smith? Parsons? Waddle?). Or, if we're not thrilled with what is there at 19 we could trade back and pick up another 2nd or 3rd round pick, plus a 1st next year same as the Colts got from us for Montez Sweat. These new GM's have their work cut out for them for sure. 

I still want Zaven Collins the most in the 1st out of all non-QBs. He looks like the piece this defense really needs to take that next and most likely final step to becoming a dominating unit. We would have some serious monsters on this defense adding a 6-4 260lb Linebacker into the mix. We could definitely use a true #1 CB, but IMO that's a luxury position in this defense. It isn't necessary due to the amount of teams that will most likely utilize the short passing game against us. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I still want Zaven Collins the most in the 1st out of all non-QBs. He looks like the piece this defense really needs to take that next and most likely final step to becoming a dominating unit. We would have some serious monsters on this defense adding a 6-4 260lb Linebacker into the mix. We could definitely use a true #1 CB, but IMO that's a luxury position in this defense. It isn't necessary due to the amount of teams that will most likely utilize the short passing game against us. 

I have a feeling he's out of our reach, especially with Parsons bull****. Im with you though. Pitts and Collins are freaks of nature.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

I know he's been mentioned but Jabril Cox is someone I'd like to be on our radar. Ron and Jack obviously as former LB's could coach him up getting the maximum out of him. Browning is another guy I like. It's hard finding quality analyses out there anymore - for free that it is. Most of my go to sites are now moving to paid subscriptions.

Cox is an incredible and versatile talent who can probably play all non line defensive position. I am all in on him or Zaven both totally different but can just bring so much to the table...they are defensive freaks!

26 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I have a feeling he's out of our reach, especially with Parsons bull****. Im with you though. Pitts and Collins are freaks of nature.

Yes to Pitts and Collins being like unicorns.

I still see most mocks showing Parsons gone before 19. If that stays true Zaven could be there at 19.

If everyone stays clear of Parsons there is no way Zaven is there at 19. 

They need have a new interior LB starter on the roster before the draft. If not they need to go Zaven at 19 or Cox, Bolton, or Werner at 51. 

They do need more than one new LB but the D needs one new real deal MLB.

• Like 2

I haven't read this site for days, which is probably a record for me, too obsessed I guess with the Qb thread.

I just went through Zierlein's first mock.  Funky.  Fields drops to 15 among other things.

He takes one of my guys, Elijah Moore, who reminds me of Santana.  but I don't think I'd take him ay 19. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/lance-zierlein-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-patriots-49ers-select-qbs-in-round-1

Pick

Washington Football Team

Washington Football Team
Elijah Moore · WR

School: Ole Miss | Year: Junior

This is a tough pick to project, as many of the elite position players at areas of need will be gone. Fortunately for Washington, Moore is flying well under the radar. He's a very consistent, high-volume slot receiver with excellent hands and toughness.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

11 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

https://www.abc27.com/sports/former-penn-state-player-details-fight-with-micah-parsons-claims-james-franklin-told-him-not-to-talk-to-police-according-to-espn/#:~:text=According to documents filed by,a knife in March 2018.&text=The document sheds new light,the school early this year.

Humphries alleges upperclassmen including Barber, Micah Parsons, Yetur Gross-Matos and Jesse Luketa “collectively orchestrated, participated in, directed and or facilitated a campaign to harass and haze lowerclassmen members” of the football team as a form of initiation.

Humphries claims he and others were wrestled to the ground by the upperclassmen who then simulated a humping action or other sexual acts, placed their genitals on his face, and threatened to “Sandusky” him.

Just now, kingdaddy said:

What happened to him? I don't see anything...