Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gibson, RB/WR Memphis

zCommander

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

In his 14 year career, 5 playoff appearances.

Is this considered an indictment in your view? If so, I’d encourage you to look around the league of QBs 6-15 and see how often they make the playoffs? 

Also, Smith and Niners organization were horrible in his first 4 seasons. 

Average to above QB has great value at the right cost. QB play hovering around 13-20 on a rookie deal or a veteran at 6-9% has great value, IMO. Sure, continue the hunt for the next elite guy, but maximize your windows of talent your team has. 

I’ll pass on the idea of throwing away average to above QB play with a team potentially ready to compete to find the next elite young guy. Though, I don’t believe these have to be mutually exclusive. My wish would be the team being shrewd with what they pay Smith next season or whatever other veteran and look to get a dual threat guy. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Is this considered an indictment in your view? If so, I’d encourage you to look around the league of QBs 6-15 and see how often they make the playoffs? 

Boring for me to have another Alex Smith conversation with you.  Been there and done that many times.  You are missing my point in your quest to promote Alex.  This isn't about an Alex Smith career discussion. 

32 minutes ago, wit33 said:

I’ll pass on the idea of throwing away average to above QB play with a team potentially ready to compete to find the next elite young guy. Though, I don’t believe these have to be mutually exclusive. My wish would be the team being shrewd with what they pay Smith next season or whatever other veteran and look to get a dual threat guy. 

Gotcha but this has nothng to do with my point. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Boring for me to have another Alex Smith conversation with you.  Benn there and done that many times.  You are missing my point in your quest to promote Alex.  This isn't about an Alex Smith discussion.

I’m sure I’ll find another partner to engage in some Smith debates lol. It’s been real. 

Here’s to hoping Smith continues the miracle run he’s on and leads the young team to the post season. 

To spin back to Gibson, Smith should continue to be a great positive for his development.

Anyone have any idea of Smith has the ability to audible at the to run right or left or get out of a run call altogether??

Edited by wit33

Just wanted to share... Antonio Gibson is right now second in the NFL in rushing touchdowns. He's eighth in rushing yards. Considering the platoon system Washington uses and how many games they had to outright abandon the run in the second half... that's pretty amazing.

6 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

How do we not have a nickname for this kid yet?!?! 

We're the Redskins fanbase, for Christ's sake. I'm disappointed in you, ES. 

This shouldn't be his nickname, but based on the Dallas game... I propose his nickname be "Bye-Bye."

• Like 1

I have Gibs in my sole season long, and went up against Ewok yesterday. Pure gold Jerry.   So I looked at my draft to see where I took him etc and found this:  "  According to ADP, it was a bit of a reach selecting Antonio Gibson in the 6th round (54th overall pick versus an ADP of 144.8 across all NFL.com leagues)."

Reach my ass the guys a stud evidenced from day 1 with his break tackle numbers among the league leaders. 

On 11/25/2020 at 9:42 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Since we all love abbreviated nicknames...

Antonio Gandy Golden : AG2

Antonio Gibson : AG1

Number is not random. But of course, represents how many capital G's in their last name

On 11/25/2020 at 10:19 PM, Koolblue13 said:

Gibs.

1 hour ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

How do we not have a nickname for this kid yet?!?! 

Well gee..