Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

The federal eviction moratorium expires in January. It could leave 40 million Americans homeless.

Black is one of millions on the verge of being evicted with the federal eviction moratorium set to expire at the end of January, unleashing what advocates say could be a housing catastrophe of historic proportions: Without federal intervention, they fear, as many as 40 million people could be displaced amid an ongoing and still worsening pandemic.

“We’re facing potentially the worst housing and homelessness crisis in our country’s history,” said Diane Yentel, CEO and president of the National Low Income Housing Coalition in Washington, D.C.

The eviction moratorium approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was originally set to end Dec. 31. It was expected to be extended through January by Congress under a $900 billion COVID-19 relief package that also includes offering $25 billion in emergency rental assistance – the figure requested by the National Low Income Housing Coalition in a letter submitted last week to the CDC and co-signed by 1,500 housing advocacy organizations.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 3

I can't stop thinking how destructive and dumb what Trump is doing is.  I check on twitter or the news feed every few hours or so, expecting to see Trump signed the bill. 

Nope, in fact it was another 4 tweets about how the Supreme Court, Justice Dept and FBI are all rigged against him and  at the end "we will win." 

No, you delusional fool... you are about to hurt many people.  And screw up the Federal Govt until Biden gets inaugerted.  

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Trump refuses to budge over aid bill, imperiling jobless benefits for millions

Millions of Americans are about to see their jobless benefits expire on Saturday as U.S. President Donald Trump has so far refused to sign into law a $2.3 trillion pandemic aid and spending package, insisting that it did not do enough to help everyday people.

Trump stunned Republicans and Democrats alike when he said this week he was unhappy with the massive bill, which provides $892 billion in badly needed coronavirus relief, including extending special unemployment benefits expiring on Dec. 26, and $1.4 trillion for normal government spending.

Without Trump’s signature, about 14 million people could lose those extra benefits, according to Labor Department data. A partial government shutdown will begin on Tuesday unless Congress can agree a stop-gap government funding bill before then.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

I'm a Fed...I took vacation, my first one of the year, for this last week...at this point I'm expecting it is just going to wind up being a month long vacation.  I would not be at all shocked if he just says **** it and refuses to sign for the rest of his presidency.  What a disaster.

• Sad 2

His entire cabinet needs to resign.  Mnuchin needs to resign over this.  Not because they did anything wrong per se,  but because he's going to refuse to fund the government the rest of the way through. 

The GOP Senate blocked $1200 checks (Ron Johnson).  Why does he think $2000 will work?  

This is a temper tantrum.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So I‘m not an expert on how a President redlining a bill words.  Does that mean that only the portions he didn’t redline get approved?

It’s a suggestion. Doesn’t affect the bill in any real way. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So I‘m not an expert on how a President redlining a bill words.  Does that mean that only the portions he didn’t redline get approved?

No.  Line item veto act got struck down as unconstitutional during the Clinton administration.  It has since been reintroduced a few times with modifications but never enacted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2