Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

This is another item on the list of items that suppprt the idea that no matter what stupid or ****ty or crazy thing you think he’s going to do next is, he goes one step further. 

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Oh no.  T-dog took the car salesman hook!!

😂 

for real for a minute it should be no surprise that I am an awful car buyer. Or really any kind of buyer that involves me talking to a salesman. 

that said - I’ll just repeat. I’ll take trumps petty bull**** if it means they’re sending 2000$ checks instead of 600$

and no I don’t and won’t qualify for either number. But it’s what’s right. 

actually it’s still wrong. We need monthly checks until we reach some sort of metric. We needed that 10 months ago. I am in agreement with you and was calling for it back then. 

but it’s better than 600 ****ing dollars. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

They have been. But they also have to make sure it doesn't sound like they're extorting/bribing the American pubic.

why not? This is done all the time. Trump did it nonstop. GOP always does. Dems do about SS 

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

why not? This is done all the time. Trump did it nonstop. GOP always does. Dems do about SS 

Because it wouldn't really lead to more Dems voting and could realistically invigorate republican voters. Not to mention, it would require Pelosi to absolutely block any and all COVID stimulus, which the Repub senators found out was hurting their candidates in Georgia. Saying "vote Democratic in Georgia and you'll get the stimulus you need" gets weakened if a bill is passed before the election and shows that Trump, McConnell, Perdue and the "I Feel Fantastic" lady can git 'er done.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tshile said:

This is another item on the list of items that suppprt the idea that no matter what stupid or ****ty or crazy thing you think he’s going to do next is, he goes one step further. 

😂 

for real for a minute it should be no surprise that I am an awful car buyer. Or really any kind of buyer that involves me talking to a salesman. 

that said - I’ll just repeat. I’ll take trumps petty bull**** if it means they’re sending 2000$ checks instead of 600$

and no I don’t and won’t qualify for either number. But it’s what’s right. 

actually it’s still wrong. We need monthly checks until we reach some sort of metric. We needed that 10 months ago. I am in agreement with you and was calling for it back then. 

but it’s better than 600 ****ing dollars. 

Trump tweeting “2 THOUSAND DOLLARS” shouldn’t really convince you that you’re actually gonna get two thousand dollars from Trump.

And if you do...you still probably got the short end of the stick.

• Like 1

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Trump tweeting “2 THOUSAND DOLLARS” shouldn’t really convince you that you’re actually gonna get two thousand dollars from Trump.

And if you do...you still probably got the short end of the stick.

dude I have no idea what will happen. 

but if all that comes out of it is this then I’ll happily accept that as the best thing he’s done in 4 years. 

im pretty confident this is all about Mitch. And I’m ok with that right now. 

but yeah maybe absolutely nothing changes :(

thanks. Killed my buzz. Appreciate it bro

Anyone else remember how Trump out of the blue said the stimulus negotiations were off the table even though Pelosi and Mnuchin had been working around the clock towards a compromise? Then like a day and a half later he did a 180 and said they were still on? lol...

Get ready for that again.

Edited by Califan007
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Anyone else remember how Trump out of the blue said the stimulus negotiations were off the table even though Pelosi and Mnuchin had been working around the clock towards a compromise? Then like a day and a half later he did a 180 and said they were still on? lol...

Get ready for that again.

Attention, patients.  Lithium is no longer available on credit.  (Movie quote)

Edited by Larry
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Because it wouldn't really lead to more Dems voting and could realistically invigorate republican voters. Not to mention, it would require Pelosi to absolutely block any and all COVID stimulus, which the Repub senators found out was hurting their candidates in Georgia. Saying "vote Democratic in Georgia and you'll get the stimulus you need" gets weakened if a bill is passed before the election and shows that Trump, McConnell, Perdue and the "I Feel Fantastic" lady can git 'er done.

way overthinking this. They can still pass the current bill and simply say it doesn’t go far enough. Don’t be afraid of what might motivate the GOP. Dems need to be on offense, not be scared 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tshile said:

Trump finally did something I honestly love. Wow. I didn’t think it was possible. 

imagine if that version of trump had been President the whole time.

That’s fine. But we are right now. And what we need right now is 2000 instead of 600, and removal of wasteful spending 

(although I’m inclined to think trump and I don’t exactly see eye to eye on what “wasteful spending” means)

I had the same reaction.  I don’t agree with Trump on... well anything... but filling a relief bill with unrelated crap is insulting and no doubt contributed to long negotiation delay.  The Covid relief bill should be that and that alone.  

600 is too little to actually help.  I doubt many Americans actually approve of congress stuffing pet projects in entirely unrelated bills.  Im sure Americans think bills too long to actually review before a vote is a bad idea too.  The bill sucks and their taking their sweet time to reach this absurd thing is a failure on their part. 

I agree with this:

Know what helps businesses, landlords, renters, retail, etc?  Customers with money.  I’m sick of corporate bailouts that end up as stock buy backs or executive pay, and yet fail to prevent layoffs.  Give all the money to the people and let the businesses compete.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

McConnell Monday night:

giphy.gif

McConnell Tuesday night:

giphy.gif

https://www.businessinsider.com/lose-lose-mcconnell-as-trump-dems-support-2000-stimulus-checks-2020-12

Trump's surprise demand for $2,000 stimulus checks blew up Mitch McConnell's master plan and leaves him in a no-win situation

President Donald Trump launched a surprise effort Tuesday night to push for stimulus checks in the COVID-19 relief package to be hiked from $600 per person to $2,000.

Democrats cheered his demand, piling pressure on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and leaving him in a no-win situation.

[...]This leaves the next move to McConnell, who has for months insisted on a smaller stimulus package, including rejecting Democratic proposals for $1,200 checks.

It leaves him with two undesirable options:

- He can cave and accept a larger stimulus figure after spending months fighting to keep it down.

- He can block the larger checks and take the political heat for it.

[...]One reason McConnell may fear blowback for keeping the checks at $600 is the forthcoming elections for both Senate seats in Georgia, which the GOP needs to hold to avoid losing control of the entire Senate.

The New York Times reported last week that McConnell only decided to back $600 checks after hearing that opposition to them was harming the Senate campaigns in Georgia.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

So weird, just so mind-bogglingly weird that even I couldn't have imagined it (and I have a lurid imagination). 

So now the morlocks are raving in the twitterverse about vetoing the bill and making plans for that 2 grand. 

Apparently I took the red pill AND the blue pill, found a yellow pill which I smoked and then cut up a green one and snorted it.

• Haha 11

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Trump's surprise demand for $2,000 stimulus checks blew up Mitch McConnell's master plan and leaves him in a no-win situation

McConnell Monday: celebrating possibility of being majority leader in the senate at least another two years

McConnell Tuesday: demands a recount of the Kentucky senate race 

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

So weird, just so mind-bogglingly weird that even I couldn't have imagined it (and I have a lurid imagination). 

So now the morlocks are raving in the twitterverse about vetoing the bill and making plans for that 2 grand. 

Apparently I took the red pill AND the blue pill, found a yellow pill which I smoked and then cut up a green one and snorted it.

We're buddies for a reason.  :ols:

• Haha 6

Heard this on CNBC this morning 

“I wish that congress could get this passed with a veto proof majority, but the problem is the democrats want more”...” I can’t tell the difference between Trump and the democrats...except for all the good he done with deregulation”

interesting spin 👍 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

9 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

I'm interested to see how Republicans wriggle out of this, because they will and people will let them.

It's easy, really. Democrats are talking about unanimous consent. i'm assuming that's because it's the only way to move quickly enough.

That means it just takes ONE rep or senator to take the heat and block it, so they just need one person with a reputation for (at least pretending at) caring about deficits that also is safe enough/doesn't care about taking political heat/being disliked.

Ted Cruz and Rand Paul spring immediately to mind, maybe Ron Johnson since he already spiked a fellow Republican's attempt to move from $600 to $1200.

All of this assumes that Trump doesn't blow with the wind and change his mind, which happens more often than not.

I'm not making plans for that extra 1400 per, anyway.

Edited by techboy
  • Like 1